• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
an 8 percenter is someone who doesn't believe jesus is god like the christian faith. but that the black man is god and there is no jesus christ.
And the true colors show. You're a racist.

so for larun hill to be singing thank you god. she's not talking about god in a christian sence so christians shouldn't support her.
And you base that most un-Christian of judgements on what? The fact that she's singing hip hop? Or the fact that she's a black woman?

i have to post 15 times on this website to let you view the exministries website pubically. but in order for me to see the rest of the post past page 13 i need all of you to post in part 2 of the same thread.

but i have given you the website, video clips, and testimonies from old r&b artist and rappers. so thats why i'm asking what evidence do you want me to provide. i provided 3 different types of evidence in one whole website what more do you want?. i'll get it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
The website doesn't provide anything credible. Try another source, please. Again, the burden of proof is on you.

Peace,
Mystic

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
i also want to point out that there is no such thing as a zulu christian.

What in the world are you talking about? The Zulus are the most populace indigenous nation in South Africa and alot of them are Christians (or are you just saying that from your religion's perspective these people don't count?)

It's pretty obvious to me that the real problem mainstream Christians have with rap/hip hop is that the all-too justified anger coming out of the African-American community today challenges the protestant power structure's hyper-pious self image, and rightly so.

Popeyesays

The website in question is full of misinformation, misconception and outright lies. Anything there is tainted and cannot be called 'evidence'. The well is poisoned, so to speak, and one cannot draw evidence from it.

As to Zulus and Christianity, 95% of modern Zulus are Christian, maybe even a higher percentage--those that practice religion at any rate.

Regards,
Scott

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The website in question is full of misinformation, misconception and outright lies. Anything there is tainted and cannot be called 'evidence'. The well is poisoned, so to speak, and one cannot draw evidence from it.

As to Zulus and Christianity, 95% of modern Zulus are Christian, maybe even a higher percentage--those that practice religion at any rate.

Regards,
Scott

Thank you, Scott.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
And the true colors show. You're a racist.

And you base that most un-Christian of judgements on what? The fact that she's singing hip hop? Or the fact that she's a black woman?

I was just thinking the same thing Storm, but you got to it before me(dang work).

It's seem that you also might not know any Black people yourself, most of not all of my Black friend are Christian, and I here a lot of Rapper(ok maybe one or two) singer about Jesus.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
. so thats why i'm asking what evidence do you want me to provide. i provided 3 different types of evidence in one whole website what more do you want?. i'll get it.
Credible sources. Or any sources for that matter.

ok for the laryun hill thing it doesn't matter that she's a black woman. As long as she believes what she believes christians should not support her. if a person believes in one thing no matter what race they are and they come out of nowhere singing a thank you "god" song but they dont mean it the way christians mean it. Then christians shouldn't support it in general no matter what the race. It could be kelly clarkson singing a thank you god song if she's an 8 percenter. Than christians should not support eithier way.

On the zulu thing there is NO WAY you can be a zulu believer as in your following the zulu faith and a christian. not as if your apart of the zulu tribe and you join christianity. than thats different.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
ok for the laryun hill thing it doesn't matter that she's a black woman. As long as she believes what she believes christians should not support her. if a person believes in one thing no matter what race they are and they come out of nowhere singing a thank you "god" song but they dont mean it the way christians mean it. Then christians shouldn't support it in general no matter what the race. It could be kelly clarkson singing a thank you god song if she's an 8 percenter. Than christians should not support eithier way.
And what exactly is your basis for calling her an 8 percenter? I rather doubt you'd say that Kelly Clarkson believes that "the black man is God."

Bishka

Veteran Member
On the zulu thing there is NO WAY you can be a zulu believer as in your following the zulu faith and a christian. not as if your apart of the zulu tribe and you join christianity. than thats different.

Do you even know what a Zulu is? Taken from Wikipedia

The Zulu ( are a South African ethnic group of an estimated 17-22 million people who live mainly in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. The Zulu form South Africa's largest single ethnic group. Small numbers also live in Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Mozambique.

Link found here

There is another bit it talking about the Zulu and how there is a difference between the Zulu people and the Zulu faith.

Zulu people can be Christians (whether Roman Catholics or Protestants in Mozambique, South Africa, and Zimbabwe, or part-Christian, part-Traditionalist in Zimbabwe) or pure Traditionalist.

There is a difference, and I'm not sure what you are referring to with hip-hop. Many of those people actually are Christians. Until you have proven otherwise with non-biased information, I'll believe they are Christians.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
For the love of god, are you ever going to address my post?

Here it is, again:
You seem woefully ignorant on what the UZN is actually about.

Tell me what involves rituals, voodoo, etc in these, which are their fifteen tenets.
  1. Belief in the Abrahamic God
  2. Belief in the validity of the Bible (Old and New) and Qur'an
  3. Belief that the scriptures have been tampered with
  4. Belief that history textbooks and other educational materials have been negatively influenced by white supremacist doctrines
  5. "We believe in truth whatever it is. If the truth or idea you bring us is backed by facts, then we as Amazulu bear witness to this truth. Truth is Truth."
  6. Belief that religion should not make adherents into a "slave or zombie", but should instead make them a "fighter for Freedom, Justice, and Equality for all Human Beings."
  7. Belief that racism is attempting to destroy civilization
  8. Belief that humanity must stop destroying the environment
  9. "We believe in the mental resurrection of the dead. There are many of the Human race who are blind, deaf, and dumb to the knowledge of Self and others and we feel the ones who know should teach."
  10. Belief that mathematics is the foundation for all reality
  11. "We believe in the seen and what is to be known of the unseen. We believe in the Power of the mind, and that knowledge is as infinite as God himself."
  12. Belief in equal justice for all
  13. Belief in peace unless provoked
  14. "We believe in Power, Education in truth, Freedom, Justice, Equality, Work for the people and the upliftment of the people."
  15. "The Universal Zulu Nation stands for: KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING, FREEDOM, JUSTICE, EQUALITY, PEACE, UNITY, LOVE, RESPECT, WORK, FUN, OVERCOMING THE NEGATIVE TO THE POSITIVE, ECONOMICS, MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE, LIFE, TRUTH, FACTS, FAITH, AND THE ONENESS OF GOD."
What can I do to make you notice it? Should I make it bold, italic, underlined, and as large as possible? I don't think we can make things blink and scroll on this forum, but if you'd like I can give it a go.

i'm sorry for not answering your question jaymes but if you wikipedia the actual zulu's the modern zulu nation collected symbols, signs, and even beliefs from them. thats were your proof is. you gave me the zulu nation beliefs on things but not their faith or what their religion believes. if you wikipedia the zulu's that what the modern zulu nation believes in.