• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
ladyaemawarriorangl, I think it'd be best to drop the idea of PMs. It makes you look like you don't want to debate things in public, which isn't going to win you any credibility points.
remember that in christianity music was lucifers power. As the movie explains he was kicked out of heaven but no where did it mention his powers was taken from him. he became the devil and started his own thing that's where music comes int o play. he explains it in the website. warnings where ever there's danger is going to happen. maybe it was told in the 1920's and it's the same messaged today it never changed it just got bolder since music is getting bolder.
Well I guess you'd better just not listen to any music, then, since it's Lucifer's power! :rolleyes: In fact, I bet he's just so darn tricky he's making you think that music worshiping him is actually worshiping God!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
if that's what you call warning people about what they already have seen. but he doesn't even show certain videos that much because he knows of it's effects. All he does is warn you by showing you the evidence your just not going to believe what somebody tells you without evidence to back it up are you?

When someone makes such a huge claim, I certainly prefer to approach such claim as a skeptic and demand evidence.

This "evidence" that Craige gives on his website about the "truth" of the origins of hip hop are so out of whack that I don't know where to begin. His contentions that Afrika Bambaata began Zulu Nation as a means for the black man to celebrate himself and to turn everyone away from Jesus is mistaken at best, slanderous at worst. Afrika Bambaata, along with guys like Grandmaster Flash, Kool Herc, and later Run DMC, helped to give disenfranchised black youth an identity beginning with a couple of turn-tables and a mic.

When funk hit the airwaves, it was a direct reply to the saturation of disco in the late '70s, which was white, white, and more white everywhere we looked. The use of records on the turntables, which began the artistry of "scratching", along with using cardboard on the sidewalk to give dancers a floor to test acrobatic skills in poppin', lockin', and b-boy moves, gave black youth a place of refuge away from the harsh reality of the ghetto.

These were kids that wanted to get away from the drugs, the violence, and the social marginalization while feeling dignity for their ethnicity. To say that hip hop demands the black man to love himself over Jesus is to say that country music demands the white man to love himself over Jesus, too.

I disagree completely with Craige's arguments. And the fact that he picks out only two artists as the progenitors of hip hop (Afrika Bambaata and KRS-ONE), and misrepresents them, is evidence enough for me not to consider his position any further.

Peace,
Mystic

no the computer i'm on deosn't allow me to view forums. Thats why i asked for pm's but i found a way around it. Then i had to leave thats another reason i asked for pm's nothing more.

just because it is lucifers power to be a musician. doesn't mean all music is bad i explained this before. you just have to watch out for certain ones

When someone makes such a huge claim, I certainly prefer to approach such claim as a skeptic and demand evidence.

This "evidence" that Craige gives on his website about the "truth" of the origins of hip hop are so out of whack that I don't know where to begin. His contentions that Afrika Bambaata began Zulu Nation as a means for the black man to celebrate himself and to turn everyone away from Jesus is mistaken at best, slanderous at worst. Afrika Bambaata, along with guys like Grandmaster Flash, Kool Herc, and later Run DMC, helped to give disenfranchised black youth an identity beginning with a couple of turn-tables and a mic.

When funk hit the airwaves, it was a direct reply to the saturation of disco in the late '70s, which was white, white, and more white everywhere we looked. The use of records on the turntables, which began the artistry of "scratching", along with using cardboard on the sidewalk to give dancers a floor to test acrobatic skills in poppin', lockin', and b-boy moves, gave black youth a place of refuge away from the harsh reality of the ghetto.

These were kids that wanted to get away from the drugs, the violence, and the social marginalization while feeling dignity for their ethnicity. To say that hip hop demands the black man to love himself over Jesus is to say that country music demands the white man to love himself over Jesus, too.

I disagree completely with Craige's arguments. And the fact that he picks out only two artists as the progenitors of hip hop (Afrika Bambaata and KRS-ONE), and misrepresents them, is evidence enough for me not to consider his position any further.

Peace,
Mystic

remember that the zulu nation was really an actual nation that derived in rituals, voodo and many other things. the history behind the artist bringing it into music was looking for spiritual guidance in which they brought in zulu beliefs . the zulu nation beliefs are that they have their own god and everything circles around the black man. anyway all those artist you just mention there if you listen to the lyrics or soongs they were smoking, into gang violence, or doing many other things. in the website craig has one of their testimonies.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
You seem woefully ignorant on what the UZN is actually about.

Tell me what involves rituals, voodoo, etc in these, which are their fifteen tenets.
  1. Belief in the Abrahamic God
  2. Belief in the validity of the Bible (Old and New) and Qur'an
  3. Belief that the scriptures have been tampered with
  4. Belief that history textbooks and other educational materials have been negatively influenced by white supremacist doctrines
  5. "We believe in truth whatever it is. If the truth or idea you bring us is backed by facts, then we as Amazulu bear witness to this truth. Truth is Truth."
  6. Belief that religion should not make adherents into a "slave or zombie", but should instead make them a "fighter for Freedom, Justice, and Equality for all Human Beings."
  7. Belief that racism is attempting to destroy civilization
  8. Belief that humanity must stop destroying the environment
  9. "We believe in the mental resurrection of the dead. There are many of the Human race who are blind, deaf, and dumb to the knowledge of Self and others and we feel the ones who know should teach."
  10. Belief that mathematics is the foundation for all reality
  11. "We believe in the seen and what is to be known of the unseen. We believe in the Power of the mind, and that knowledge is as infinite as God himself."
  12. Belief in equal justice for all
  13. Belief in peace unless provoked
  14. "We believe in Power, Education in truth, Freedom, Justice, Equality, Work for the people and the upliftment of the people."
  15. "The Universal Zulu Nation stands for: KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING, FREEDOM, JUSTICE, EQUALITY, PEACE, UNITY, LOVE, RESPECT, WORK, FUN, OVERCOMING THE NEGATIVE TO THE POSITIVE, ECONOMICS, MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE, LIFE, TRUTH, FACTS, FAITH, AND THE ONENESS OF GOD."

Popeyesays

You are ignorant of the Zulu nation, dear lady.

Voudon is based on western African traditions, not Bantu traditions. The Zulu lived on the plains and were cattler herders. The Zulu developed a strong cultural tradition, but they are a Bantu people like the Matabele, and many other tribes.

The Zulus were nomadic and pressured by climate and interaction with other peoples came to South Africa on a generations long volksvanderung. The Zulu were as much an intruder to the people of the region as were the Boers themselves. The Bantu expanded into the area by conquest and had a very powerful military tradition. Among those peoples N'Gane and Chaka were the great military leaders on a par with Napoleon or Caesar.

Today there are a great many Christian Zulus, most have Christian first names.

No, I am not a black man; but opther cultures are worthy of more respect than your internet reverend allows, and he does appear to be a black man.

Regards,
Scott

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
remember that the zulu nation was really an actual nation that derived in rituals, voodo and many other things. the history behind the artist bringing it into music was looking for spiritual guidance in which they brought in zulu beliefs . the zulu nation beliefs are that they have their own god and everything circles around the black man. anyway all those artist you just mention there if you listen to the lyrics or soongs they were smoking, into gang violence, or doing many other things. in the website craig has one of their testimonies.

All right, let's read the lyrics to "Planet Rock" together, then, shall we?

by Afrika Bambaata:
Party people
Party people
Can y'all get funky?
Soul Sonic Force - can y'll get funky?
The Zulu Nation - can y'll get funky?
Yaaah!
Just hit me
Just taste the funk and hit me
Just get on down and hit me
Bambaataa's jus' gettin' so funky, now, hit me
Yaaah!
Just hit me

Just start to chase your dreams
Up out your seats, make your body sway
Socialize, get down, let your soul lead the way
Shake it now, go ladies, it's a livin' dream
Love Life Live
Come play the game, our world is free
Do what you want but scream

We know a place where the nights are hot
It is a house of funk
Females and males
Both headed all for the disco

The D.J. plays your favorite blasts
Takes you back to the past, music's magic (poof)
Bump bump bump get bump with some flash, people

Rock rock to the Planet Rock, don't stop

The Soul Sonic Force - Mr. Biggs, Pow Wow, and M.C. Globe
We emphasize the show, we got ego
Make this your night, just slip it right, and by day
As the people say, live it up, shucks
No work or play, our world is free
Be what you be - be

You're in a place where the nights are hot
Where nature's children dance and set a chance
On this Mother Earth, which is our rock
The time has come, and work for soul, show you really got soul
Are you ready hump bump bump, get bump, now let's go, house

Twist and turn, the you let your body slide
You got the body rock and pop, bounce and pounce
Everybody just rock it, don't stop it
Gotta rock it, don't stop
Keep tickin' and tockin', work it all around the clock

Everybody keep rockin' and clockin' and shockin' and rockin', go house
Everybody say, rock it, don't stop it [Crowd repeats]
Well hit me, Mr. Biggs [Crowd repeats]
Pow Wow [Crowd repeats]
G-L-O-B-E [Crowd repeats]
The Soul Sonic Force

You gotta rock it, pop it, 'cause it's the century
There is such a place tht creates such a melody
Our world is but a land of a master jam, get up and dance
It's time to chase your dreams
Up out your seats, make your body sway
Socialize, get down, let your soul lead the way
Shake it now, go ladies, it's a livin' dream
Love Life Live

Zih Zih Zih Zih Zih [ad lib]

Everybody say, rock it, don't stop it [Crowd repeats]
Everybody say, shock it and pop it [Crowd repeats]
Everybody say, ich me sun chi [Crowd repeats]
Say, Planet Rock [Crowd repeats]
It's the sure shot [Crowd repeats]
Say, Planet Rock [Crowd repeats]
It's the sure shot [Crowd repeats]

So twist and turn, then you let your body glide
You got the body rock and pop, bounce and pounce
So hit me
Just taste the funk and hit me
Just get on down and hit me
Bambaataa's gettin' so funky, now hit me
Every piece of the world
Rate the message of the worlds
All men, women, boys, and girls, hey our Planet Rock is superb
Get on it
You got the groove, move [ad lib]
Feel the groove - fell it
Do what ya want but ya know ya got to be cool and boogie
Out on the floor, go down
Bring it low
Close to the ground
Everybody just rock it, don't stop it, gotta rock it
Don't stop
Keep tickin' and tockin'
Work it all around the clock
Everybody just rock it, don't stop it
Gotta rock it, don't stop [repeats]

How much evil is there in bobbing our heads to this?

Peace,
Mystic

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
if that's what you call warning people about what they already have seen. but he doesn't even show certain videos that much because he knows of it's effects. All he does is warn you by showing you the evidence your just not going to believe what somebody tells you without evidence to back it up are you?

Are you actually going to address disagreements with your position, or are you just going to parrot back information you gleaned from this (likely awful) source of anti-everything propaganda?

Please, tell me now, so I can not waste my time.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My point is for everyone to get up offa that thing and to get funky. :jam:

Peace,
Mystic
Indeedy Mystic'One, sometimes one just has to get up off ones tuffet and shake that booty that the good lord gave ya... in a manner of speaking that is.

I wonder if Mozart and other classical artists are ok.

I absolutely refuse to listen to "Christian" or "Gospel" stuff. If I ever do you are welcome to come and personally push me off the nearest cliff. PLEASE!!!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you talking about overt messages in music or hidden ones? I think it's fairly easy to eschew or ignore music openly expressing ideas you disagree with. What I don't understand are these references to hidden messages.

Who comes up with these and how do they hide them? It seems to me the general inclusion of occult messages in many, disparate genres of music would have to point to a vast conspiracy between hundreds of thousands of musicians, sound engineers, producers, distributors, &al. I don't understand how such a huge, widespread, and long-lived collusion could fail to become public knowledge. No secret could be maintained by that many people.

In re: "backward messages," Do songwriters, musicians, linguists and sound engineers have the time to spend hours together working out lyrics that would make sense both foreward and backward, and who listens to music played backward, anyway?

The fact is, any random series of phonemes, eg: backward speech, is going to generate meaningful series from time to time. If You read The Bible or a sermon backward you'd hear "satanic" references.

There is no such vast conspiracy. You're giving musicians and the music industry way to much credit. They're not that clever, they couldn't afford the time involved, they have no motivation.

Kcnorwood

I'm not a fan of rap music myself maninly because I grew up in clubs & worked in then as ad adult alot, & it all sounds the same to me. But I do defend the right to let anyone listen to what they want too. I remember as a kid seening Twisted Sister's Dee Snyder standing up for rock music all because some kid too his life & they needed someone to blame! :rolleyes: Kids who took thire lifes because they though they were told too though ANY type of music had issues & the parents were & still are too lazy to get involved in thire child's life! As far as music being evil there is always going to be someone whining about it. It's just life.. or lack of it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
remember that in christianity music was lucifers power. As the movie explains he was kicked out of heaven but no where did it mention his powers was taken from him. he became the devil and started his own thing that's where music comes int o play. he explains it in the website. warnings where ever there's danger is going to happen. maybe it was told in the 1920's and it's the same messaged today it never changed it just got bolder since music is getting bolder.

Music is from God. He created everything, and that means music too. Music only becomes evil if humans twist it to some evil ends.

Kindly do not blame God or even Lucifer for what humans do.

This is no different than fission. We can use it to create power or to blow up cities. Fission is not evil in and of itself. The evil comes in when we put it to evil use.

Booko

Deviled Hen
I wonder if Mozart and other classical artists are ok.

Mozart's Requiem...yes.
Magic Flute...nope.

Apparently secular = evil

I absolutely refuse to listen to "Christian" or "Gospel" stuff. If I ever do you are welcome to come and personally push me off the nearest cliff. PLEASE!!!

Theodore Sturgeon's Law applies to Gospel music too. Except in that case it might be >90%.