• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

Maybe the next day you can address the point I made about the history of attacks on varieties of popular music having their bases in racism.

well the ex ministries dont care what race you are or what music you do. if it's something that christians shouldn't support then it's bad. someone who attacks things just for being racist i dont have anything to do with that.

Bishka

Veteran Member
i'm sorry for not answering your question jaymes but if you wikipedia the actual zulu's the modern zulu nation collected symbols, signs, and even beliefs from them. thats were your proof is. you gave me the zulu nation beliefs on things but not their faith or what their religion believes. if you wikipedia the zulu's that what the modern zulu nation believes in.

Already done.

Zulu

Could you point out where in the article that is and how it relates to Christianity?

i dont have to. they believe in voodo sources and many other things. the modern zulu nation took those believes and added it to music or pratice those beliefs. christians dont support that so no hip hop music we supporty.

Bishka

Veteran Member
i dont have to. they believe in voodo sources and many other things. the modern zulu nation took those believes and added it to music or pratice those beliefs. christians dont support that so no hip hop music we supporty.

Did you even read the wikipedia article? I've provided it a couple of times, even quoting it relating to Christianity. Zulu is an ethnic group, you can be Christian and Zulu. There is not problem with that; could you provide the source of what you say is true about the Zulu people? All you've stated is that 'you do not have too'; that does not make for a very convincing argument.

Booko

Deviled Hen
well the ex ministries dont care what race you are or what music you do. if it's something that christians shouldn't support then it's bad. someone who attacks things just for being racist i dont have anything to do with that.

Nice attempt to totally side-step my question, but it didn't work.

You may *claim* that ex ministries doesn't care what race you are, but the *fact* is that they have singled out a form of music that comes out of the African-American community, and ex ministries is just one more in a long line of organizations to do so.

Now try answering the question.

Oh, and if you're backing an organization that is pushing a racist view, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

The fact that they are somewhat subtle about their brand of racism only means that they realize the times will not tolerate overt racism any more.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Then you probably shouldn't supporty modern Christianity either, since so much of it has European pagan influences.

Oh...I forget. White pagan influences -- ok. Black pagan influences....not ok. :sarcastic

Booko

Deviled Hen
Did you even read the wikipedia article? I've provided it a couple of times, even quoting it relating to Christianity. Zulu is an ethnic group, you can be Christian and Zulu. There is not problem with that; could you provide the source of what you say is true about the Zulu people? All you've stated is that 'you do not have too'; that does not make for a very convincing argument.

The problem here Becky is that lady is just parroting stuff Craig Ministries is saying without understanding it herself.

If she did understand it, she would quickly realize that Craig is talking about Zulu Nation and you're talking about the nation of Zulus. There's a huge difference. That she hasn't corrected you on this already is pretty telling.

This is the WIki article you should be looking at:

Universal Zulu Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's still the problem with assuming that all hip hop has anything to do with Afrika Bombaataa or has any roots in the Organization or that it's all afrocentric. Clearly it isn't.

But then, when someone just parrots and doesn't actually understand the subject matter, those are the kinds of gross mistakes that can be expected.

I hope this helps clear up a few things for you at least.

Bishka

Veteran Member
The problem here Becky is that lady is just parroting stuff Craig Ministries is saying without understanding it herself.

If she did understand it, she would quickly realize that Craig is talking about Zulu Nation and you're talking about the nation of Zulus. There's a huge difference. That she hasn't corrected you on this already is pretty telling.

This is the WIki article you should be looking at:

Universal Zulu Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's still the problem with assuming that all hip hop has anything to do with Afrika Bombaataa or has any roots in the Organization or that it's all afrocentric. Clearly it isn't.

But then, when someone just parrots and doesn't actually understand the subject matter, those are the kinds of gross mistakes that can be expected.

I hope this helps clear up a few things for you at least.

It does, it would have been helpful to have that link earlier. :cool:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So when are you going to bring on the "truth" behind rock 'n roll? I know nothing about hip hop, so I'm waiting for something I can shred to pieces.

Booko

Deviled Hen
So when are you going to bring on the "truth" behind rock 'n roll? I know nothing about hip hop, so I'm waiting for something I can shred to pieces.

Hon' that bit of "truth" was handled way back in the 60s with them hippie folks. If only I'd never listened to Hendrix I never woulda had a teen pregnancy!

(Oh, I didn't? Well...nevermind.)

Popeyesays

Hon' that bit of "truth" was handled way back in the 60s with them hippie folks. If only I'd never listened to Hendrix I never woulda had a teen pregnancy!

(Oh, I didn't? Well...nevermind.)

Were the late sixties and the early seventies as big a blur for you as for me? I'm male, I KNOW I could not have had a teen pregnancy, but then my consciousness was somewhat impaired in those days.

No, for certain I could not have been pregnant, not as a teen--I turned 21 in 1968,

Regards,
Scott

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Not sure about teen pregnancies, but Hendrix's subliminal messaging might have gotten you kissing the sky.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Were the late sixties and the early seventies as big a blur for you as for me?

Yeah, and I didn't even do drugs and it's still a blur. :D

I'm male, I KNOW I could not have had a teen pregnancy, but then my consciousness was somewhat impaired in those days.

Yes well in your case Hendrix maybe led you to the fornication part (as my Sunday School flyer said it must) but you just never knew about the pregnancy that came after. ;)

No, for certain I could not have been pregnant, not as a teen--I turned 21 in 1968,

Hm. I may have to begin referring to myself as a nearly-old-fart. :D

I always thought that was a real hoot. The only time sex ever came up as a topic in church was in discussions about Satanic music we should not be listening to.

It all just gives me this feeling of deja vu all over again, y'know?

Popeyesays

"It all just gives me this feeling of deja vu all over again, y'know?"

Yeah, I get that feeling repeatedly.

Sometimes I feel like Tommy Chong on stage.

Regards,
Scott

i know what i'm talking about. the ex ministries are not just talking about hip-hop but also rock, hip-hop gospel, r&b gospel any many other types of genres of music that christians should not support.

Zulu(the tribe) religion includes belief in a creator God (Nkulunkulu), who is above interacting in day-to-day human affairs. It is possible to appeal to the spirit world only by invoking the ancestors (amaDlozi) through divination processes. As such, the diviner, who is almost always a woman, plays an important part in the daily lives of the Zulu people. It is believed that all bad things, including death, are the result of evil sorcery or offended spirits. No misfortune is ever seen as the result of natural causes. Another important aspect of Zulu religion is cleanliness. Separate utensils and plates were used for different foods, and bathing often occurred up to three times a day. Going barefoot has always been a traditional sign of Zulu spirituality and strength. this was brought over by Afrika Bambaataa(search at wikipedia) he brought this and changed his name to Afrika Bambaataa Aasim following shaka zulu.

What it is? Da 3:10

Hip-hop is not rap! Rapping is style of conveying a message, like singing, humming, whistling, etc. Hip-hop is a culture, or way of living and governing your life. There is also a style of music that is a part of the hip-hop culture, but it’s not just represented by rap.
The founders and original pioneers of this culture teach that it is a religion. They teach that it is a tool to point people to the their god. Not the God of the Holy Bible. KRS-ONE teaches that the bible is irrelevant to the knowledge of his god. Hip-hop is a very effective tool for the degradation of our nations youth. KRS-ONE and the Temple of Hip Hop teaches that this culture was designed to give knowledge to self, or to show the Black man himself as god! He also teaches that we should accept Hip Hop as an organized religion and accept Hip Hop's drug of choice, marijuana!

What is its purpose? 2Ti 3:1
AFRIKA_BAMBAATAA_MOHAWK.gif

To set the stage for the coming of the antichrist and teach his doctrine of self-worship and knowledge of self.
To blur the existence and reality of the true and living God of the Holy Bible.
To lead youth into rebellion against the righteousness of God’s word.
To steal the true “meaning” or “purpose” of existence from our youth and lead them to early
death before they can fulfill their God given destiny.

Where did it come from? Da 11:38

The true origin of Hip Hop can be traced back as far as Africa. The Zulu Nation, a group of rebels under the leadership of Afrika Bambaata, started the music and religious aspects of hip hop in the late 70’s.

What does it produce? Ga 5:19

Youth with no fear. Youth with no purpose. Youth with no respect for authority. Youth with no parental guidance. Youth with no regards for their bodies, appearance, self-respect or futures. Hip Hop drives every aspect of our youths lives in most cases. They live it, breathe it, wear it and die for it. Hip-hop has done what no other tool of the devil has been able to do at this level. It has influenced all races, all ages, and all low-income areas in America. Hip-hop itself is a very weak demon, but has gone unattested for so long, that it has a major following.

How do you know when youth are under the influence of Hip Hop? Isa 5:20

1. The music – This is the number one source of influence. This is the evangelical tool for spreading the spirit of hip-hop abroad. You can easily tell when youth are into gangsta rap and explicit lyrical content. They show it in the behavior and the choices they make in life.
2. The clothing – Sagging jeans, tight fitted tops and bottoms, gang related outfits, prison attire. These are the clothes that hip hop influences our teens to wear freely. What was once considered appropriate only for prostitutes and hardened criminals is now acceptable attire for our youth!

3. The markings – Tattoos, piercing, strange hairstyles, gold teeth, vicious jewelry (dragons, dogs, snakes, etc) and the crucifix are all products of the hip hop culture. The devil wants our children marked like Cain, to show their pledge of allegiance to rebellion and self-gratification. These marking follow our youth and make it very hard to convert them back to their original identity.
4. The mentality – Hip-hop causes youth to be rebellious. To use foul language in public. To commit very strong sexual acts with other youth. To feel they have nothing to lose. To give up on their “good” values and take on the negativity of the hip hop culture.

In hip hop –
a. Prison is a good place. To be arrested and beat the rap makes you a hero.
b. Teen pregnancy is accepted as the norm.
c. Sex is good. Getting VD is not even frowned upon. Having multiple partners okay.
d. Homosexuality and Bi Sexuality is normal and accepted.
e. Serving God and sin together is the norm.
f. God forgives sin, so it’s okay.
g. Foul language and physical abuse is accepted.
h. Bad grades in school are okay.
i. Using drugs and drinking is accepted.
j. Murder is good thing, if you deserve it.
k. Choosing a god other than Jesus Christ is okay.
l. Love is just a word.
m. Being a thug is cool. Looking like you just robbed a bank is the norm.
n. The white man is not fair and holds the black man down.
o. Church, the bible, preachers, etc. are not needed. We can learn on our own.
p. XXX behavior is accepted and preached lyrically in the music.
q. Anything goes, as long as you are feeling it.

How do we stop it? Ro 12:2

We as believers must fight against it. Not embrace it. It must start in the church. We must raise the standard of our churches and form anti Hip Hop youth groups. We cannot promote this culture in our churches. Many churches try to use secular music, hip-hop attitudes and customs to try to reach out to the youth. But we must not be conformed to the world. We must pray for the transformation. The renewing of the mind by the power of God. It can be done, but it must be done through us. We must educate, research, and warn parents, teachers, counselors and youth about the dangers of this culture and the consequences of sin.

this is an article and half of this stuff came from wikipedia. even though the zulu nation was trying to do good they went about it in a way christians cnnot support, embrace or even mingle with. the ex miniistries website has an article with a list of arguments about their works and how they answered it. look at the article.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Its not about what " type" of music it is. its what the lyrics are saying.

God Bless Christian Hip Hop!!!!