• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
You have obviously never watched the alternate ending of I am Legend. :D Although I guess that was more of a vampire zombie hybrid thing. Btw, the alternate ending was soooooooo much better then generic off-the-shelf boring one.
I'd like to forget I Am Legend even existed. What horrible, horrible movie. CGI FTL.

Trey of Diamonds

I'd like to forget I Am Legend even existed. What horrible, horrible movie. CGI FTL.

Cinematically I was ok with the movie. The acting was good and the effects nice. It was the interpretation of the original source material I found distasteful.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
Cinematically I was ok with the movie. The acting was good and the effects nice. It was the interpretation of the original source material I found distasteful.
Yes. A few months later I read the book and was all lol wut?

The first half of the movie was okay. The last half, not so much.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Would zombie sharks be ok? :D

I'm convinced sharks are zombies. They never sleep. Always on the move. Hard to kill ( I bet head shots from harpoons would do ). They must and will always feed. Yep. Sharks are zombies. I just can't explain why surviving victims of sharks haven't turned --- yet.

Trey of Diamonds

2304.jpg

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
In my mathematical modelling class, I've been tasked with modelling the zombie apocalypse for my second project. I'm thinking of taking a predator/prey approach as a first attempt.

Trey of Diamonds

In my mathematical modelling class, I've been tasked with modelling the zombie apocalypse for my second project. I'm thinking of taking a predator/prey approach as a first attempt.

I take it you are using viral zombies then rather than traditional ones. I hate math myself but this makes it almost sound interesting.

Reptillian

I take it you are using viral zombies then rather than traditional ones. I hate math myself but this makes it almost sound interesting.

The problem statement wasn't specific. Just says to watch Night of the Living Dead and a few other movies as "background research". I'm thinking a type of predator prey model with prey killing predators on occasion or turning into them. Not sure which route is the best to take.

Reptillian

I was just looking at the problem statement online, it has been updated. We're supposed to look at four different zombie scenarios with three types of zombies.

The scenarios are: zombie epidemic, zombie epidemic with armed response, long term zombie infection, zombie infection with cure.

The three zombies are: classic slow stupid zombies, modern fast somewhat smart zombies, and 28 days later virus zombies.

Trey of Diamonds

I was just looking at the problem statement online, it has been updated. We're supposed to look at four different zombie scenarios with three types of zombies.

The scenarios are: zombie epidemic, zombie epidemic with armed response, long term zombie infection, zombie infection with cure.

The three zombies are: classic slow stupid zombies, modern fast somewhat smart zombies, and 28 days later virus zombies.

Zombie fans consider there to be two main types of zombies, traditional and viral. Traditional zombies are slow and mindless. Viral zombies have been portrayed in a multitude of ways. Romero is the originator of both types with Night of the Living Dead showcasing the traditional type and The Crazies showcasing the viral type. The introduction of fast zombies that could speak and ate brains specifically comes from the film Return of the Living Dead which took aspects of both Night of the Living Dead and the Crazies. While the Return of the Living Dead zombies are the modern fast somewhat smart zombies you are speaking of, they are a subset of the viral type of zombie and the movie was a comedy as well as horror, almost to the point of being a spoof.

Reptillian

The project was due today! I didn't get it in on time as I'm still working on the write-up. Still, not a bad analysis so far. I'm completely done with the zombie epidemic and zombie epidemic with armed response parts. The first situation is bad news for humans...we last a few weeks at most, the second is about 50/50 with either the zombies or the humans winning within the first 24 hours. One big suprise so far is that the "Classic Zombies" require a very large initial population to overthrow humanity in the second scenario. I examined an initial human population of about 500,000 (a city) In the case of the non-supernatural virus zombies, I started with a zombie population of 10. For the kind of zombie that rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living, I used a larger initial population.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The next compendium volume comes out, I think in October. I still haven't watched the second season of the TV show yet though. Hopefully Netflix will have when I get my account activated again.

Reptillian

The next compendium volume comes out, I think in October. I still haven't watched the second season of the TV show yet though. Hopefully Netflix will have when I get my account activated again.

I know, I've been waiting for Netflix to get the second season forever!