• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the world sucks and we are all gonna die

jasonwill2

Those of us who can conceive of solutions to the problem of suffering have no compulsion or incentive to embrace it.

I am, of course, talking about avoidable suffering, like compelling women to bear children they can't feed or allowing those children to starve to death, not denying the inevitability of pain and eventual death.

If needless suffering is avoidable, what is to be gained by celebrating it?

You don't understand, I am talking about unavoidable suffering, as well as the kind of suffering that makes you stronger. I'm not suggesting we cause suffering but that we fully expereince while it happens so that we get all of it out of our systems right then and there, and then can go back to positive emotions, instead of letting it string out over years.

Fire purifies, and suffering isn't always bad if it makes you realize your strength within by fighting it.

javajo

I don't think you understand the concept of supply and demand... it's not that simple, the results would...no, WILL be massive death tolls as everyone dies off due to lack of resources and food.
So we don't agree on that, its ok.

:biglaugh:Do you seriously think I believe in the Christian version of Satan, or anything resembling him in the least?
No, and I was kinda joking a bit, although I do believe he loses.

Why should I believe any of this? No really, I want to know why you think I should believe these words to be truth.
I did not say I think YOU should believe those verses and would never ask you to. I was just sharing what I believe, that's all.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Maybe we should rejoice in the suffering?

"I was born to be broken (Broken) Calling, gagging, spitting, falling, bleeding, begging vermin. I exist without purpose (Purpose). Teach me, tell me, push me, hurt me, hit me harder.

Fists fall like rain
On my knees, but I'm not afraid
Cowards die everyday
I'll face the attack
Pressed to the wall but fighting back"

"I am on the brink of destruction
Pushing, pulling, nagging, feeling sweet seduction"

-Otep, Fist Fall

Seems to me, and this is my morbid opinion, we should accept death, suffering, and destruction as a natural part of the Universe and revel in it and accept it so that the catharsis will make is pass, leading us back to creation.

If I understand this correctly..you could be mistaken for a masochistic Buddhist.
Beat me 'til I am nothing sort of thing.

But I'm working under the notion that suffering is just a reflex to motivate toward a better situation....and does not include acceptance.

Willful acceptance of suffering could be interpreted as a sacrifice....
if it benefits others. But I didn't see that in your post.

jasonwill2

If I understand this correctly..you could be mistaken for a masochistic Buddhist.
Beat me 'til I am nothing sort of thing.

But I'm working under the notion that suffering is just a reflex to motivate toward a better situation....and does not include acceptance.

Willful acceptance of suffering could be interpreted as a sacrifice....
if it benefits others. But I didn't see that in your post.

Suffering is what makes us want to move on, and move forward I guess.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hm, guess that's true. One man's pain is another man's pleasure. However I meant that people will always suffer in large numbers in very bad ways in one way or another.

Suffering is usually do to being ignorant (not always but a lot of times). Watching 1000 Ways to Die it almost seems as if the person dying does stupid stuff first, not thinking at all, and nature attacks them for being stupid.

jasonwill2

This is advertising alright, but I almost don`t drink Cola, it`s just that I found this very relevant

I'm pretty sure that a tank can blow up 130 teddy bears, and that 20 cokes have no where the same impact on someone's life as much as their parents being killed in a genocide.

Same with cakes, 1 million cakes that exist for a day mean nothing to one bomb that will forever change 1 million lives.

A corrupt million air can ruin tens of thousands of lives forever, but a bunch of funny videos only make you feel better, losing your income or lots of money is much more long term.

Me Myself

Back to my username
World poverty is way less than in the past porcentage wise. People still have more faith in life even with all those bad things around, because overall, life is worth living for way most people. That`s what the cakes mean. We celebrate birthdays because life is still a celebration for most people. Even people that are poor, I see poor people at Guayaquil streets, most laugh a lot.

In general, people are bigger than their problems. Though many times they don`t realize.

jasonwill2

World poverty is way less than in the past porcentage wise. People still have more faith in life even with all those bad things around, because overall, life is worth living for way most people. That`s what the cakes mean. We celebrate birthdays because life is still a celebration for most people. Even people that are poor, I see poor people at Guayaquil streets, most laugh a lot.

In general, people are bigger than their problems. Though many times they don`t realize.

A single bullet can change a life much more dramatically than a single cake ever will.

kjw47

The reason why there are people starving to death,wars,hatred,certain diseases, greed,lust.thieves,murderers-- is because 99% of mankind refuse to listen to Gods son, in fact 99% of those who claim to be christian refuse to listen to Gods son. That is why few have entered the narrow gate to the cramped road that leads to eternal life.

jasonwill2

The reason why there are people starving to death,wars,hatred,certain diseases, greed,lust.thieves,murderers-- is because 99% of mankind refuse to listen to Gods son, in fact 99% of those who claim to be christian refuse to listen to Gods son. That is why few have entered the narrow gate to the cramped road that leads to eternal life.

So of 99% of those people were "true Christians" people would suddenly stop starving and many diseases would disappear? I'm sorry, but that's a nonsensical argument. Droughts and diseases do not go to the whims of man. And don't blame STD's completely on sexual activity because AID's spread quite a lot due to blood transfusions as well. Not all STD's travel solely through sexual intercourse.

Your reply is fitting for my other post not for the post you are quoting.

Re-read the post you quoted and try to answer to it :p

You make a good point. Life can really suck but it is still worth living for many people. I know I enjoy my life even if I still think it really sucks, cause' I'm glad for all the enjoyable things I can do and feel.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
You make a good point. Life can really suck but it is still worth living for many people. I know I enjoy my life even if I still think it really sucks, cause' I'm glad for all the enjoyable things I can do and feel.

Your bullet versus cake did make me think :p :eek: :D

kjw47

So of 99% of those people were "true Christians" people would suddenly stop starving and many diseases would disappear? I'm sorry, but that's a nonsensical argument. Droughts and diseases do not go to the whims of man. And don't blame STD's completely on sexual activity because AID's spread quite a lot due to blood transfusions as well. Not all STD's travel solely through sexual intercourse.

Many bad things would stop occuring if 99% listened to Jesus--Aids may never have started --Gods people dont take blood transfusions--his word is clear--Abstain from blood. Here is a simple teaching of Jesus--Keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all will be added.

jasonwill2

Many bad things would stop occuring if 99% listened to Jesus--Aids may never have started --Gods people dont take blood transfusions--his word is clear--Abstain from blood. Here is a simple teaching of Jesus--Keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all will be added.

Oh... your one of the ones that thinks you should die rather than donate blood... how nice.

By the way, I don't believe I could ever say with a straight face that Jesus preached truth, so I don't think that following him would magically make the world's problems disappear.

Curious George

Veteran Member
A thought Jason:

If Satan is the Opposition than that would include both sides of the duality.

On another note:

Some of us cannot be overcome with any amount of suffering. Even in the bleakest of days we can still find moments of joy. I know the world can feel cold, hard and apathetic. Yet, if one looks there is always the other side of the duality.

Your focus is your choice.

Though, I cannot understand why anyone would rejoice in another persons suffering

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
In the time it took for all of us to fill this thread with four pages of comments, One Direction have written a new album.

Hail satan.

jasonwill2

Though, I cannot understand why anyone would rejoice in another persons suffering

There are good moments of life, we just shouldnt forget the bad ones least it make us by sending hardship when we least expect it.

Also I wasn't saying to rejoice in other people's suffering, i was saying that we should catharadically just allow ourselves to suffer in that moment so it doesnt hang around after the hardship has past. Kind of to get it out of our system while its happening so that it doesnt linger around whenever the situation improves.