• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the world sucks and we are all gonna die

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
Many bad things would stop occuring if 99% listened to Jesus--Aids may never have started --Gods people dont take blood transfusions--his word is clear--Abstain from blood. Here is a simple teaching of Jesus--Keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness, and all will be added.

There still would be:

Natural disasters.

Thousands of diseases spread from these natural disasters or maybe just from swimming with other folks or sharing the same toothpaste (Jesus was a big fan of sharing afterall).

Food poisoning.

Diarrhea.

Colds/Flu.

Mental illness.

Animal attacks (that may bring disease).

Car accidents.

Many, many more things that harms a person. If 99% of people listened to Jesus they'd be deaf.

jasonwill2

So the world is worse than itself? :confused:

There are parts of the world that are worse than other parts from different times, or rather, overall the world sucks compared to the really rare gems of awesomeness.

I'm really pessimistic about the state of civilization in general, considering how the masses suffer so much throughout the majority of recorded history. I think that suffering has outweighed happiness greatly in terms of raw numbers.

kjw47

Oh... your one of the ones that thinks you should die rather than donate blood... how nice.

By the way, I don't believe I could ever say with a straight face that Jesus preached truth, so I don't think that following him would magically make the world's problems disappear.

No i would never take or give blood-- Aids,hepatitis c, and now some kind of parasite is coming through blood transfusions. The doctors said the parasite is just as bad as aids or hiv except if it isnt caught really early--its too late. Also being transmitted by blood sucking insects.
Thats a sad thing that you dont believe Jesus, maybe because you listened to false teachers that do not listen to him either.

jasonwill2

No i would never take or give blood-- Aids,hepatitis c, and now some kind of parasite is coming through blood transfusions. The doctors said the parasite is just as bad as aids or hiv except if it isnt caught really early--its too late. Also being transmitted by blood sucking insects.
Thats a sad thing that you dont believe Jesus, maybe because you listened to false teachers that do not listen to him either.

Please don't compose the post as if you are stating objective fact (I can't tell if the last sentence was intended as that or not), it's unsettling and can get you in trouble. Also, I don't just believe what ever I'm told, so even if I listened to "false teachers" doesn't mean I will believe a thing they say. I come to my own conclusions that are often different then all the sources I have read, I just want to consider any good points they may have so I can make sure I have accounted for them too in my beliefs.

Anyway, they now test blood donators for diseases and . In previous decades they didnt test for a whole lot of anything but now we do and it's very safe now. If you just lost a lot of blood and need some before you die, I would take the blood over some belief that told me I shouldn't.

Last edited:

kjw47

Please don't compose the post as if you are stating objective fact (I can't tell if the last sentence was intended as that or not), it's unsettling and can get you in trouble. Also, I don't just believe what ever I'm told, so even if I listened to "false teachers" doesn't mean I will believe a thing they say. I come to my own conclusions that are often different then all the sources I have read, I just want to consider any good points they may have so I can make sure I have accounted for them too in my beliefs.

Anyway, they now test blood donators for diseases and . In previous decades they didnt test for a whole lot of anything but now we do and it's very safe now. If you just lost a lot of blood and need some before you die, I would take the blood over some belief that told me I shouldn't.

Eve and Adam decided to come to their own conclusions as well by knowing good and bad-- they lost eternal life for it and caused this system of things. In reality there is only one single conclusion--Gods.

jasonwill2

Eve and Adam decided to come to their own conclusions as well by knowing good and bad-- they lost eternal life for it and caused this system of things. In reality there is only one single conclusion--Gods.

God or Gods? I'm confused. Are you saying there are many Gods? I agree as a Hard Polytheist (I never saw why in pantheism as God as the Universe meant that other gods can't exist).

jasonwill2

In the time it has taken to make this topic (one minute), 66.6 children will have just died of starvation, at a rate of 4,000 an hour.

Congratulations world, it could be said that (if you believe him creator) Satan is laughing in the background at how much his creations complain of their lot, not willing to play the game to fight and take what they need to survive. Blood is inevitable to sustain your life.

Hail Satan.

OK, I must of forgotten my original intent, as I re-read this, and am I think I originally was talking about people who complain their lives suck without doing anything about it, meanwhile kids are starving, meaning their lot is not that bad. the thing about blood is about eating animals though.

InfidelRiot

It is common knowledge that the majority of the religious fundamentalists avoid the real problems with this world. They are always complaining about homosexuality and abortion, but in all honesty they are doing absolutely nothing to help the real people in need.

jasonwill2

I'm suffering too... some jerk drank all my Dr. Pepper...

When I got to your house the first day, I wondered why there was a full case of Dr. Pepper, took one.. then another. I couldn't help it! It was hot in your house and I biked long over.

He's referencing a real event

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
They had neither eternal life nor the understanding of good from evil. Both ideas were already trees in the Garden. The presence of the trees invalidates the idea they possessed either thing - otherwise why have the trees they were forbidden from having?

Your myths make no sense. They can save no-one.

kjw47

They had neither eternal life nor the understanding of good from evil. Both ideas were already trees in the Garden. The presence of the trees invalidates the idea they possessed either thing - otherwise why have the trees they were forbidden from having?

Your myths make no sense. They can save no-one.

Yes there were the two trees. And Adam and Eve had access to both, as long as they didnt touch the tree of knowledge they had the tree of life. They rebelled against God and he told them they would die if they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad.If they never ate of the tree they would still be alive. Its only a myth in the darkness.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Yes there were the two trees. And Adam and Eve had access to both, as long as they didnt touch the tree of knowledge they had the tree of life. They rebelled against God and he told them they would die if they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and bad.If they never ate of the tree they would still be alive. Its only a myth in the darkness.
You didn't really listen to what I said, though.

The Trees proves that Adam and Eve were neither immortal, nor able to understand Good from Evil, thus their choices were not something to be judged as moral or not Because they did not know the difference. And they would not have lived forever because God did not want them to eat of the Tree of Life either. They were never allowed to, and he even says it's something he did not want.