• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists: What would a godless universe look like?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't know the difference between wickedness and righteousness: where it comes from, what it stands for, and what it leads to?

I'll tell you what. Go and read the Bible, starting at the beginning and reading straight through. Don't jump around. Just read it.

Anyone that can get through Chronicles II and still think that Yahweh is good has no concept of goodness as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Ostronomos

I know that those things are abstract human fabrication, mere ideas or opinions. That arise naturally from societal and environmental needs and pressures.
Your definition of righteousness, or that which is good. Is not mine. Your concept of wickedness, or that which is evil. Is not mine.
Your morality, is not my morality.
Your God, is not my God.
Your Bible, is not my Bible.

In my view, Good = Things I approve of and Evil = Things I do not approve of
My mind is what I use to determine the difference. I use various processes to do this. None of them involve the Bible or any holy book.
Oh but it is your God. You simply choose to believe in the fabrication of Godlessness (i.e the illusion of materialism). Clearly you haven't explored the edge of existence.

Ostronomos

I'll tell you what. Go and read the Bible, starting at the beginning and reading straight through. Don't jump around. Just read it.

Anyone that can get through Chronicles II and still think that Yahweh is good has no concept of goodness as far as I can see.
Au contraire. God is love consciousness and good. Anyone who is intimately aware of the existential reality would know. Like myself.

Ostronomos

PRESENTING TWO LOGICAL PROOFS OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD (STUDY IT):

One X, Therefore One God

X = matter or non-object. Information can have meaning without matter. This is how a misunderstanding of reality can be created by mind. Reality is comparable to self-configuration. Wisdom is information coming from a single source (reality). Meaningless information comes from many (objects).

My belief was incorrect we create meaning, just as our minds contain a self-configuration of reality, which is self-configurating along with reality (psychologists are still unclear as to what the mind is). Where the mind is not static and therefore not concept, it is self-configuring and therefore unbound. The SCSPL is intrinsic as well as is spacetime due to structure S which distributes over S (self-distributive). Spacetime is thus transparent from within. Where objects in reality are s, possessing the structure of one that merges the concepts and is self-dynamic and self-perceptual that is S. S is amenable to theological interpretation.

The Theory-Reality Correspondence

A theory must hold the ingredients of mind, reality and language in order to map the source (mind) to the target (reality).

Theory thus negates unintelligible reality by placing existence as its content. A formal system such as those existing within today's technology (including computers) lack M (the Metaformal System). With imperfect attempts to advance the creation of computational technology the object-language is lacking in certain ingredients as it currently stands. Thus we require a more powerful computational language. Namely, the Metaformal System as it is so named. As the words "Metaformal System" enter the mind it creates reality and when we read the paper we hold mental expectations of what we hold as "genius".

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Au contraire. God is love consciousness and good. Anyone who is intimately aware of the existential reality would know. Like myself.
OK -- so how do you come to that conclusion? Certainly not from reading the Bible, as Polymath suggested.
What evidence supports your assessment?
DNB is the only one between you three who is aware of the reality of God. The rest of you? untermensche.
If God is real, what is the evidence that brought you to that conclusion?
Me, I don't think the theists have met their burden.
PRESENTING TWO LOGICAL PROOFS OF THE EXISTENCE OF GOD (STUDY IT):

One X, Therefore One God

X = matter or non-object. Information can have meaning without matter. This is how a misunderstanding of reality can be created by mind. Reality is comparable to self-configuration. Wisdom is information coming from a single source (reality). Meaningless information comes from many (objects).

My belief was incorrect we create meaning, just as our minds contain a self-configuration of reality, which is self-configurating along with reality (psychologists are still unclear as to what the mind is). Where the mind is not static and therefore not concept, it is self-configuring and therefore unbound. The SCSPL is intrinsic as well as is spacetime due to structure S which distributes over S (self-distributive). Spacetime is thus transparent from within. Where objects in reality are s, possessing the structure of one that merges the concepts and is self-dynamic and self-perceptual that is S. S is amenable to theological interpretation.

The Theory-Reality Correspondence

A theory must hold the ingredients of mind, reality and language in order to map the source (mind) to the target (reality).
No. This seems to make no sense.
Theory thus negates unintelligible reality by placing existence as its content. A formal system such as those existing within today's technology (including computers) lack M (the Metaformal System). With imperfect attempts to advance the creation of computational technology the object-language is lacking in certain ingredients as it currently stands. Thus we require a more powerful computational language. Namely, the Metaformal System as it is so named. As the words "Metaformal System" enter the mind it creates reality and when we read the paper we hold mental expectations of what we hold as "genius".
Huh?

DNB

Christian
Evil comes from selfishness and a lack of compassion. Even other sprees have that.

You have clearly never had a dog.

Love is an emotion. It happens in our brains, just like all other emotions.
Well, there you have it; another person who believe that animals are capable of love.
Does your dog love you for your character or for your altruism or and integrity - or because you feed him and treat him well?
Will he not 'love' anyone that comes in a pets him enough, despite the fact that the person may be a troublemaker in many ways.

Only humans are capable of loving, and doing so for the right reasons - not because they have something to gain, like all non-humans.

DNB

Christian
I know that those things are abstract human fabrication, mere ideas or opinions. That arise naturally from societal and environmental needs and pressures.
Your definition of righteousness, or that which is good. Is not mine. Your concept of wickedness, or that which is evil. Is not mine.
Your morality, is not my morality.
Your God, is not my God.
Your Bible, is not my Bible.

In my view, Good = Things I approve of and Evil = Things I do not approve of
My mind is what I use to determine the difference. I use various processes to do this. None of them involve the Bible or any holy book.
I see, so the wickedness of rape or kidnapping is just relative - you're brilliant

DNB

Christian
But arrogant and haughty when it comes to other people and in thinking they know the truth.
Someone has to know it - both can't be correct.
If you can't make up your mind or feel confident about your position, that's your problem

DNB

Christian
Why? You didn't ask to be born did you, why be humble and reverent? You don't owe it anything. That's how I would see it, if I believed in your God.
unfortunately, I'm sensing that this next statement will be above your head:
God gave us all life, and the ability to love and be loved, and enjoy all that He has to offer to those who love Him and love each other.

DNB

Christian
As opposed to being humble and open to the evidence. Letting the universe around us speak for itself by giving us the evidence to understand what is here.

And yes, that includes allowing the evidence (or lack thereof) to determine if there even *was* a 'Maker'. Instead of arrogantly *assuming* there was, let's be humble and seek and see what we find.
Nonsense - just make up your mind, and be assertive about it - nothing worse than an indecisive or non committed atheist - don't insult God if you can't even feel confident as to whether He exists or not

DNB

Christian
Interesting that our ability to perceive has worked so well to promote science and technology. That computer you are using is because we interpret the evidence and understand it. We can then use that understanding to make our lives better. This works much better than sitting and praying.

Again, if you have an insight, please point out the *evidence* and most atheists would happily change their minds *if* the evidence says that we need to do so.
You've never heard anyone say that they are a 'spiritual' person?
What do you suppose that means, and how did that notion enter one's mind who was created from stardust and protoplasm?

DNB

Christian
In this series of 6 posts, the last thing we see is "humble and reverent." I make an observation, you call me "obtuse." (That's a personal remark, not an argument.) You accuse @Little Dragon of not knowing "the difference between wickedness and righteousness." (Ad hominem, isn't it?)

And so forth.

But this, to @Valjean says it all. Because, I put it to you, if you don't accept the existence of fairies, it's because they are not evident to you. And by your own argument, you are priding yourself on your rationality and sober approach to investigation.

You see, you have all these things in your head, and you accept their reality. Some of us don't have those things swimming around in our minds. What should we do -- accept yours as the only "real mind?"
open your eyes - it's called wisdom - a word and concept that is outside the atheist's vocabulary and comprehension