• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theists: What would a godless universe look like?

DNB

Christian
No one is forcing you to sleep with anyone you don't want to. Why worry about what I get up to behind closed doors with consenting adults?
It's not your concern, it doesn't effect you. Why so personal?
'behind closed doors' you just finished telling the world how perverse that you are, attempting to glorify it.
Do you have any idea how much damage that you've done, ...my goodness, look who I'm asking???

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I feel that you should be utterly ashamed of your ways - and the real crime is, outside of the act itself, is that you don't.
I cannot for the life of me understand how you remain so seemingly stoic in admitting to, and condoning, and thus promoting, such a decadent and lascivious lifestyle.
Most people would be mortified to commit the same acts that you have.
In my opinion, you appear to be rather hedonistic.

Love is Love. There is no problem with gay sex.

The fact that you consider gay sex criminal is... Frankly, un-Jesus-like.

Little Dragon

'behind closed doors' you just finished telling the world how perverse that you are, attempting to glorify it
Glorify? No. Just not ashamed. No reason to be. I do object to being labelled perverse, since I don't consider my sexual activities to be perverted. However clutch your pearls as tightly as you like, I have slept with other men, and I do not regret it, well, in principle, some encounters were not all that special.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I started my post off immediately with;
“I think “. This is a religious forum, by the way. If you don’t want to read the thoughts of Christians…don’t. My post is no more proselytizing or fear mongering than you sharing your hostile thoughts against Christianity to get others on board with you.
You preach, and now seem to be projecting your annoyance with those demanding facts rather than folklore, using reason and logic rather than faith.

Christianity posits a judgemental God who leaves no objective evidence of His existence, yet would condemn unbelievers to an eternity of torture, simply for not believing -- but who's compassionate, merciful and loves us.
So is it the unbelievers or questioners who are fear mongering, or the Christians?

Personally, I'd be happy to read and discuss the thoughts of Christians, but what I usually read are their feelings, supported not with evidence or reason, but with scripture and dogma.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
@Little Dragon
The whole lot of you, to me, sound sick in the head, like seriously. Utterly disgusting, depraved, hedonistic and perverse.
Not an ounce of shame or reservation from any of you.
If it could ever be proven that men came from apes, your lifestyles would do it - no restraint or discretion, just like beasts of instinct.
Really?

I have been with my partner for 30 years, in a loving relationship. Several years ago, he was hit by a very severe form of Guillaine-Barre Syndrome, a destructive nerve disease that left him paralyzed from the neck down. For 8 1/2 months, while he was in hospital, I ran from work at lunch and dinner to feed him, so the hospital staff didn't have to. I reconstructed our home so that he could come back. I am still his care-giver, though I am 75 and he is only 63.

And you see that as "Utterly disgusting, depraved, hedonistic and perverse?" THEN I HOPE TO HELL WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU, YOUR WIFE TELLS YOU TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T MARRY A CRIPPLE!

Then you can tell me about perverse and shame. Until then, I find you disgusting.

Little Dragon

I knew someone like that in real life. He was a devout Christian, and as it turns out, he is gay. He was repressing his sexuality, and it made him angry, and he lashed out at homosexuals. He came out not long after his wife left him because of his vicious behavior toward her and others. He agreed to marriage counseling, and during one of their sessions, he broke down and admitted that he is gay and knew he was since he was a young teenager.
Indeed, I know not what I am dealing with, other than that I am dealing with a human being. I tread carefully and try not to take it personally, usually people come to me in anger when they need help, a pattern I have noticed, in my life.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
@Little Dragon
The whole lot of you, to me, sound sick in the head, like seriously. Utterly disgusting, depraved, hedonistic and perverse.
Not an ounce of shame or reservation from any of you.
If it could ever be proven that men came from apes, your lifestyles would do it - no restraint or discretion, just like beasts of instinct.
As I told you before, I would far rather be a good person than a self-righteous, hateful bigot. You've made your choice. I hope it gives you the peace my choice gives me.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Stardust and protoplasm do not legislate morality; spirits do.
And how's that worked out, historically?
How are we to know what the spirits values are, and why should we heed accept them -- especially when they seem to make no sense or are even harmful?
If the spirits are to coerce and intimidate us, they should at least give us some evidence they exist.