• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theme of the Bible

Sonic247

If you consider the Bible to be one book then it was written over a period of 15,000 years (America has been around for about 200. Written by the Holy Spirit through over 40 people such as kings, fishermen, a doctor, a tax-collector, a cup bearer, a milatary leader, a herdsman. (David, John, Luke, Matthew, Nehemiah, Joshua, Amos). It was written by people filled with joy and people that didn't wish to live any longer.It's actually a compulation of 66 books, yet it is commonly thought of to be one book. this is because these diffrent men from diffrent veiw points wrote on a common theme that hooks all their writings together, from the passover lamb that saved Israel to the second coming of Christ the them of the Bible is Jesus Christ. And the salvation of God.

SoyLeche

meh...
If you consider the Bible to be one book then it was written over a period of 15,000 years (America has been around for about 200. Written by the Holy Spirit through over 40 people such as kings, fishermen, a doctor, a tax-collector, a cup bearer, a milatary leader, a herdsman. (David, John, Luke, Matthew, Nehemiah, Joshua, Amos). It was written by people filled with joy and people that didn't wish to live any longer.It's actually a compulation of 66 books, yet it is commonly thought of to be one book. this is because these diffrent men from diffrent veiw points wrote on a common theme that hooks all their writings together, from the passover lamb that saved Israel to the second coming of Christ the them of the Bible is Jesus Christ. And the salvation of God.
15,000 yrs??? Are you sure you didn't put one too many zeros in that?

A

angellous_evangellous

Obviously a subscriber to the "old-earth" hypothesis. :biglaugh:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If you consider the Bible to be one book then it was written over a period of 15,000 years (America has been around for about 200.
Speaking of good books ...

8536586.jpg

... for some reason, the one by Paulos comes to mind.

Hope

Princesinha
Sonic brings up an interesting point though. The Bible is a very unique literary piece in that it incorporates 66 individual books, written by different authors, at different times in history, and yet still remains a wonderful cohesive whole. What other book on the planet can make this kind of claim? And what are the odds that a book like this could be formed?

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
The Bible is a very unique literary piece in that it incorporates 66 individual books, written by different authors, at different times in history, and yet still remains a wonderful cohesive whole. What other book on the planet can make this kind of claim?
I doubt the Bible can claim that.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
If you consider the Bible to be one book then it was written over a period of 15,000 years

*raises eyebrows*

You might want to try dividing by 10. It'd be a start, at least. :)

It's actually a compulation of 66 books

As a matter of fact, this is a relatively recent and partial development. The Roman Catholics, Orthodox Catholics and a good number of Protestants all believe in and teach from Bibles with substantially larger canons.

EDIT* I tend towards being somewhat cautious in making such sweeping generalisations, particularly on matters and objects that I'm not as well versed as I might like. However, if pushed, I'd suggest that the overarching theme of the bible is on the nature of God and man, and the relationship between the two.

moegypt

no any letter changed in The Muslims holy book (Qura'an) for about 1400 years:

[112:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[112:1] Proclaim, "He is the One and only GOD.
[112:2] "The Absolute GOD.
[112:3] "Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten.
<A name=4>[112:4] "None equals Him."

Sonic247

Ok so I added an extra zero. Anyway the point is all these diffrent people from diffrent times and places were talking about the same God.

Sonic247

no any letter changed in The Muslims holy book (Qura'an) for about 1400 years:

[112:0] In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[112:1] Proclaim, "He is the One and only GOD.
[112:2] "The Absolute GOD.
[112:3] "Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten. <A name=4>[112:4] "None equals Him."
Alot of the Quran is influenced or taken from the old and new testaments and comes from one person.

moegypt

Alot of the Quran is influenced or taken from the old and new testaments and comes from one person.

This is a proof that Quran and Gospel has the same source.
God send prophet mohammad because Some changes happened in gospel.
You will find in the Quran that jesus is only a great prophet...You will not find him a god or son of god...You will find only one holy book

Thanks

Sonic247

No alot of the Quran, Book of Mormon, and a whole bunch of religious books and teachings that came up took words characters and stories from the old and new testaments, that doesn't prove that they are all approved by God.

moegypt

No alot of the Quran, Book of Mormon, and a whole bunch of religious books and teachings that came up took words characters and stories from the old and new testaments, that doesn't prove that they are all approved by God.

there are similarities between Quran but also there are differences

i didn't say that gospel is totally wrong..no,Gospel's source is right...but some changes happened to it (in my view friend)

So, i don't see any mistake if there are some stories like what in old and new testaments

Consentrate on the differences..when i see differences, i can share where is the truth??