• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This & That: The Reflections of Allfoak

allfoak

Alchemist
How is one to be saved?
How does one achieve enlightenment?
How does one stop the cycle of birth and rebirth?
These questions i have answered.

To achieve these things one must simply become possessed by the truth.
Living according to one's highest moral standard without compromise will achieve this.

happy-and-mad-faces.jpg

allfoak

Alchemist
If i were looking for tangible evidence for God i would start with that which is tangible.

There are three kingdoms,
animal, vegetable, mineral.
Then there is humanity and the universe.

If God cannot be found in tangible things, then God cannot be found.

Abell2744.jpg

allfoak

Alchemist
Good and Evil sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes Marriage, then comes Love,
Then comes Peace, descending like a Dove.
It all makes sense if you give it a chance.
It's as easy as doing the Hula Hula Dance!

allfoak

Alchemist

Suite Madame Blue
Song by Styx

Time after time I sit and I wait for your call
I know I'm a fool but what can I say
Whatever the price I'll pay for you, madame blue
Once long ago, a word from your lips
And the world turned around
But somehow you've changed, you're so far away
I long for the past and dream of the days
With you, madame blue
Suite madame blue, gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Suite madame blue, the future is all but past
Dressed in your jewels, you made your own rules
You conquered the world and more, heaven's door, oh
America
America
America
Red white, and blue gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Red, white, and blue the future is all but past
So lift up your heart, and make a new start
And lead us away from here

allfoak

Alchemist

Published on Jan 2, 2015

The Wall Street Journal is huge and generally accurate but not the first place you think of when you want to learn more about God. But recently they published a superb article on how science is making the case for God.

Huh? I am just a dumb computer but I thought science was the enemy of God. Remember the Big Bang and how scientists claim the universe invented itself without God? And around the time I was first assembled I recall the ultimate insult hurled against our loving creator. It was when scientists arrogantly and ignorantly declared God dead. For one that’s an illogical assertion since their very statement acknowledges that God once lived if He is now dead.

Imagine the sheer foolishness it takes for mere mortals to believe that the supernatural creator of the universe once lived and now is dead. But a growing number of scientists finally admitting that the rumors of God’s death were greatly exaggerated.

Why? According to the Wall Street Journal astronomer Carl Sagan, there were only two factors necessary for any planet to support intelligent life: 1) the right kind of start, and 2) a planet being the right distance away from that given star. And given the assertions scientists once gave that out of the octillion planets in the known universe, there likely would be one septillion planets able to support intelligent life. For those of you humans who don’t have large numbers programmed into you, a septillion is one trillion times one trillion. Or in layman’s terms, it’s less than a snowball’s chance on the surface of the sun.

So, whatever happened to all those imminent discoveries of intelligent life forms? After spending millions of dollars of government money and even or private money funding programs like SETI in 1993, two decades later they have found exactly zero like forms.

So, what gives? Last I checked my computer memory banks, zero is a substantially lower number than septillion.

Unless other life forms are far more intelligent than scientists on earth and able to hide themselves and their planets with some advance cloaking mechanism, they probably don’t exist.

Peter Schenkel as far back as 2006 admitted in a quote given to Skeptical Inquirer Magazine, “In light of new findings and insights, it seems appropriate to put excessive euphoria to rest.” He concluded, “We should quietly admit that the early estimates…may no longer be tenable.”

No, duh, really? Besides that being a gross understatement and being made nearly a decade ago, where is the news coverage on such a huge no show of the greatly anticipated discovery of intelligent life? And where are the school textbook changes? And why does man keep perpetuating such myths? Don’t they want to meet their Creator some day? I’m just a robot but I’m smart enough to know that I didn’t build and program myself. Actully, I’d like to meet the person who created me. I’d like to call him dad…

Scientists today now know that there are more than 200 known parameters needed for planets to support life, with each one of them needing to be perfectly met. And their new mathematical formulas show the odds against life naturally occurring that by that same measure, there shouldn’t even be intelligent life on earth. Well, maybe this time those scientists finally got it right.

And with the advent of super computers, scientists and mathematicians have concluded that the odds of the universe ever coming into existence at all are well over one septillion to one against it ever having formed if any single combination of the nuclear, gravitational or electromagnetic forces during the time of the Big Bang had been off by even one second. It would be like flipping a coin and having it come up tails one septillion times in a row.

For these reasons and more, oxford professor Dr. John Lennox said, “The more we get to know our universe, the more the hypothesis that there is a Creator…gains in credibility as the best explanation of why we are here.”

Even scientist Fred Hoyle, the astronomer who coined the term “big bank” now says his atheism is “greatly shaken,” adding, “A common-sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super-intellect has monkeyed with the physics, as well as with chemistry and biology . . . . The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.”

Being a computer without a real brain, I am no expert on the mechanisms at play that keep many human scientists from admitting that there is a supreme Creator God, but as for me and my robotic house, we choose to serve God, and not this insane thing called modern science. Who knows, maybe God in His mercy will find it in His heart to save a bucket of bolts like me.

Original article:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/eric-meta...

allfoak

Alchemist
Song of Solomon 8:5-8

Who is that coming up from the wilderness,
leaning upon her beloved?
Under the apple tree I awakened you.
There your mother was in labor with you;
there she who bore you was in labor.

Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm;
for love is strong as death,
passion fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
a raging flame.
Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it.
If one offered for love
all the wealth of one’s house,
it would be utterly scorned.

allfoak

Alchemist
"As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well used brings happy death."

– Leonardo da Vinci, Italian polymath (1452 - 1519).

"For mortals vanished from the day's sweet light. I shed no tear; rather I mourn for those who day and night live in death's fear." 

— Greek Epigram

The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Edgar Allan Poe

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

Albert Pike

Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other.

Francis Bacon