• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who believe there is no God live by faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I pay attention very well thanks. I see you need to pull your pants up. You were the one who said you do not believe in God or the existance of God not me. Then you called me a liar for calling you out. I just simply provided the links to what you said :)
You caught me in one error. I have caught you in dozens. Many of them repeats of errors that you were corrected on. That makes it rather hard to believe that you were not lying, but I will giveyou the benefit of the doubt.

An inability to learn from your errors only means that you are doomed to repeat them.

3rdAngel

And I already explained to you that the Ninth Commandment is not a ban on lying. Please read it. It is a ban bearing false witness against your neighbor. That does not necessarily mean lying. If you say something against your neighbor that is false, even if you believe it, that is bearing false witness. Perhaps we need to break it down for you?
I am sorry this one cracked me up :p

3rdAngel

You caught me in one error. I have caught you in dozens. Many of them repeats of errors that you were corrected on. That makes it rather hard to believe that you were not lying, but I will giveyou the benefit of the doubt. An inability to learn from your errors only means that you are doomed to repeat them.

Prove it :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then I suggest you do not do it :)
Now now, projection is a variant of breaking the Ninth. If your God is real you may be in big trouble. To be forgiven most Christians believe that one must repent first. If you could think logically you would be very scared. Or realize that your beliefs were false.

3rdAngel

Now now, projection is a variant of breaking the Ninth. If your God is real you may be in big trouble. To be forgiven most Christians believe that one must repent first. If you could think logically you would be very scared. Or realize that your beliefs were false.
YawwnZ sorry did you say something. Do you have anything to share in relation to the OP now? :)

3rdAngel

No point. You would not understand the "proof".

To make such a demand you must first demonstrate that you can learn from your errors. Otherwise your demands have no teeth in them.

Yep did not think you would as you have provided no proof. Thank you for proving my point :)

3rdAngel

Wrong again. I understand what lying is, but unlike you I also understand the Ninth Commandment. Tell me, where in the Ninth does it say "don't lie"?

what does it mean to bear false witness?

Here is a few translations for you as a help

New International Version
"You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

New Living Translation
“You must not testify falsely against your neighbor.

English Standard Version
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Berean Study Bible
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

New American Standard Bible
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

New King James Version

King James Bible
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Christian Standard Bible
Do not give false testimony against your neighbor.

Contemporary English Version
Do not tell lies about others.

Good News Translation
"Do not accuse anyone falsely.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Do not give false testimony against your neighbor.

International Standard Version
"You are not to testify falsely against your neighbor.

NET Bible

New Heart English Bible
"Do not give false testimony against your neighbor.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"Never lie when you testify about your neighbor.

JPS Tanakh 1917

New American Standard 1977

Jubilee Bible 2000
Thou shalt not give false testimony against thy neighbour.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Brenton Septuagint Translation

Douay-Rheims Bible

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
'Thou dost not answer against thy neighbour a false testimony.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep did not think you would as you have provided no proof. Thank you for proving my point :)
Oh my, you have no idea what "proof" is either. I gave you a reasonable answer. Since you either can't or refuse to learn you once again broke the Ninth in your defense.

I tell you what. Take some time off. I won't respond for at least an hour. Look up the Ninth Commandment. Read about it. And try to understand what an atheist is.

Lastly when you make a claim you need to be ready to support it. Until you start supporting your claims you cannot demand anything of anyone else.

3rdAngel

Oh my, you have no idea what "proof" is either. I gave you a reasonable answer. Since you either can't or refuse to learn you once again broke the Ninth in your defense.

I tell you what. Take some time off. I won't respond for at least an hour. Look up the Ninth Commandment. Read about it. And try to understand what an atheist is.

Lastly when you make a claim you need to be ready to support it. Until you start supporting your claims you cannot demand anything of anyone else.

You do know I posted multiple translations of the 9th in the previous post right? Sounds like you are tired perhaps you need some rest. We can talk latter if you like when you are in a better mood. Nice talking to you. :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Of course you have no idea. You do not understand or ignore corrections. Until you start paying attention you will merely repeat errors.
I don't know why that netted you an "optimistic" frubal from @3rdAngel but the fact that it did is why I had to add one myself. It is optimistic to assume that s/he starts paying attention.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know why that netted you an "optimistic" frubal from @3rdAngel but the fact that it did is why I had to add myself. It is optimistic to assume that s/he starts paying attention.

He regularly breaks the rules of abusing the frubals. I really do not care all that much. He is on timeout for an hour by me. I know he will not have anything after that time, but perhaps that optimistic frubal was well placed.

gnomon

And what is relgion about in your opinion and what religion are you talking about?

It's about culture. For heaven's sake this forum has existed for over twenty years and reading through so many experiences religion is not about God. It's about culture and I'm too God damned tired of explaining this over and over again.

There is a world of information available to you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You do know I posted multiple translations of the 9th in the previous post right? Sounds like you are tired perhaps you need some rest. We can talk latter if you like when you are in a better mood. Nice talking to you. :)
Yes, you did, And the all support my claim. Seriously how can you read those and see that the word "lie" is not in any of them. But there is the order "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor." Many of the things that you have said against your neighbor are false. You may not understand how they are false, but that does not absolve you according to that commandment.

It is basically a warning not to make claims against others unless you know that they are true. Mere belief is not enough. You need much more than that.

And no, I put you in time out since you have not been able to have a discussion like an adult. I may have been tired of you, but I was not tired.

gnomon

I agree that the premise of the OP is fairly useless. But I’d like to have more clarification of your second observation: what precisely do you mean by “about God?” If I understand you correctly, it’s about us, but it’s about us as we understand ourselves from a theological perspective and how we relate to God.

It's about culture.

I'm sorry......I'm tired. Religion is not about God. Never was. It's the ideological beliefs of a specific culture. So yes, in a sense, it's about us, but it's about the ethnic beliefs which utilize specific beliefs about God in order to justify ones own beliefs.

What I'm stating is that the term religion......has become useless.

It's has always been about culture.

And sorry I'm just too ****ing tire to elaborate at this time.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. If one does not believe that there is a God and they have no evidence that there is no God does that mean that God does not exist?
I know imaginary gods exist ─ there are billions of them.

However, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what a real god is, such that if we encounter a real suspect we can tell whether it's God or not.

So, not knowing what a real God is, I'm unable to say whether real Gods exist or not.
2. If one believes there is no God and cannot prove there is no God then is this belief simply another religion that is based on faith and not evidence?
I won't know the answer to that until someone provides me that meaningful definition of a real god.
3. Now for those who do not believe in God and you have no evidence for this belief (faith), does it not worry you that you could be wrong if the scriptures are true?
Again, not knowing what a real god is, I have no idea.
4. Finally if there is a God obviously not all religions can be correct as many are contradictory to each other. How would one go about finding what is the correct faith?
As I said, there are billions of imaginary gods. It's possible ─ I'm emboldened by the absence of that definition to say that it seems extremely likely ─ that there are no real gods. But until we have that meaningful definition of a real god, we can't tell, because we don't even know what we're looking for.
I believe God's judgments are coming to this world to all those who do not believe and follow God's Word according to the scriptures.
I respect your right to believe as you think / feel best. But if there's a real God, one thing we can say about her/ him/it/them/other is that she/he/it/.they/other neither says nor does. We never get it from the horse's mouth, only from our fellow humans; and meanwhile we know that innocent people get murdered, disfigured, made paraplegic, have their children die / suffer vile diseases, and much more, regardless of whether their lives have been moral or harmful, sane or insane, &c, while a supposedly benevolent and omnipotent god sits on her/his/its/their/others' hands and watches it all unroll.
Can you prove they are not.
Not without that sufficient definition of a real god, no, I can't. I have nowhere to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.