• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who believe there is no God live by faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The post I have provided from @Subduction Zone says he does not believe in God and he does not believe that God exists. You posted this.........
Indeed. Which is not the same as saying the positively believes that god does NOT exist.

You really should start learning the difference.

I posted you the linked evidence to post # 931 linked.

Which doesn't provide the requested evidence. Nowhere there does @Subduction Zone make the claim that god does not exist, nore does he express a belief in that sense.

So, just like I said, either you are being deliberatly dishonest, or you still don't comprehend the difference between "I don't believe x is true" and "I believe x is false". These two statements do not express the same thing.

That show word for word what @Subduction Zone said.

And which isn't saying what you claim it is saying.

They are his words verbatim in context to the discussion and conversation as shown in the questions asked of him connected to the answers he provided. Then when asked about it again he denied he ever made those that he did not believe in God or the existence of God and started accusing me of lying

I didn't follow that conversation, but if you were saying the same thing as now, that in that post he claims that god does not exist, then he was right in denying he said that and his accusation of lying was justified.

The only reason I posted the above evidence is to show I was not lying

Again: either you are deliberatly dishonesty, so lying, or you don't understand the difference between "i don't believe x" and "i believe x is false".

Now all your doing here is trying to justify or find a loophole for your friends comments when there is none.

There's no loophole. You're strawmanning what he said.
He didn't make the claim you claim he made.

He said what he said

Which isn't what you claim he said.
You twisted what he said.

You cannot deny it as I have posted him word for word and provided the links as evidence for verification.

And upon verification, we see that you are either wrong or lying.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Nonsense you said in your own words you do not believe in the existence of God.... here

Your words verbatim not mine. :)

"I don't believe in the existance of god"

IS NOT THE SAME AS

"I believe god does not exists".

The sooner you learn this, the sooner you'll see the error you insist on making.

3rdAngel

"I don't believe in the existance of god"

IS NOT THE SAME AS

"I believe god does not exists".

The sooner you learn this, the sooner you'll see the error you insist on making.

True, but why are you pretending people have not said what they said and pretending they said something different?

Here you go, what does this mean?

Subduction Zone said: Right I do not believe in God. Or god. Do you believe in Allah? I don't. Is there a burden of proof upon you to prove that Allah does not exist? You might get this right.

Subduction Zone said: I don't believe in the existence of a god or gods.
Sometime latter after the above conversation

3rdAngel said: You were the one who said to me you do not believe in God or the existence of God not me
Response....
Subduction Zone said: I never made that claim. Poor reading comprehension might lead one to think that. In fact that is one of the main reasons I concluded that may be a problem of yours. It is also reportable if you continue to make that claim.

Yep not what your claiming :)

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Reaaaaally? Prove it. If you cannot why make accusations and claims you cannot prove? That is simply being dishonest.
Your response...
yes really. I made no accusation. Merely an observation. That you are unable to discern the difference is a you problem that, quite frankly, does not bother me.

I see you call me a liar but it is not an accusation it is an observation that your not able to prove. Perhaps it was an invisible imaginary observation that does not exist like invisible pink unicorns. If it did exist I would have thought you would be able to prove it by now. Seems you cannot so I will leave you to it :)

3rdAngel

Indeed. Which is not the same as saying the positively believes that god does NOT exist. You really should start learning the difference.

I see. So your friend says verbatim...
Subduction Zone said: Right I do not believe in God. Or god.
Then when it is brought up within another topic is questioned...
3rdAngel said: You were the one who said to me you do not believe in God or the existence of God not me
Then says...
Subduction Zone said: I never made that claim

Nice creative writting. You try and translate the above as saying, well it really means he does not positively mean what he said he did. I guess Athiesm must have its own secret language only athiests can understand. :)

Which doesn't provide the requested evidence. Nowhere there does @Subduction Zone make the claim that god does not exist, nore does he express a belief in that sense.
So, just like I said, either you are being deliberatly dishonest, or you still don't comprehend the difference between "I don't believe x is true" and "I believe x is false". These two statements do not express the same thing. And which isn't saying what you claim it is saying. I didn't follow that conversation, but if you were saying the same thing as now, that in that post he claims that god does not exist, then he was right in denying he said that and his accusation of lying was justified. Again: either you are deliberatly dishonesty, so lying, or you don't understand the difference between "i don't believe x" and "i believe x is false". I didn't follow that conversation, but if you were saying the same thing as now, that in that post he claims that god does not exist, then he was right in denying he said that and his accusation of lying was justified.

Sorry my friend but that is a load of dishonest garbage. It says what it says and it is there for all to see and read. I think I am going to copy and paste your comments here as I am sure others might find this conversation interesting. All I see here is you and some others trying to claim things that are simply disturbing and not true. Be honest. It says what it says despite you trying to change what it says into something it does not say or mean. It is you that seems to have the comprehension problem not me. What makes this even more amusing to me is after your friend was asked what he believes he said he does not believe in God or in the existence of God (his words shown above verbatim) when asked about this later he denied he ever said it. Now you trying to justify these actions only shows dishonesty on your behalf and simply makes you a partaker of your friends actions IMO. I have nothing to hide. His own words are posted verbatim for all to see, Your just simply being dishonest. This is simply sad on your behalf that you need to resort to this but then again I guess breaking God's ninth commandment does not mean much to those who do not believe in God.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Nonsense. He does not believe in God or in the existence of God quoting his own words elsewhere. A belief indeed for which there is no evidence. Therefore if no evidence it is a faith based belief that he cannot prove. The same way those who believe in athiesm cannot prove there is no God

Once again, not believing in God is NOT the same as disbelieving in God.

3rdAngel

Once again, not believing in God is NOT the same as disbelieving in God.
Please do not try to make it seems I am saying things I am not. I posted him verbatim.

Subduction Zone said: Right I do not believe in God. Or god.
Then says...
Subduction Zone said: I never made that claim

Ayjaydee

I see. So your friend says verbatim...

Then says...

Nice creative writting. You try and translate the above as saying, well it really means he does not positively mean what he said he did. I guess Athiesm must have its own secret language only athiests can understand. :)

Sorry my friend but that is a load of dishonest garbage. It says what it says and it is there for all to see and read. I think I am going to copy and paste your comments here as I am sure others might find this conversation interesting. All I see here is you and some others trying to claim things that are simply disturbing and not true. Be honest. It says what it says despite you trying to change what it says into something it does not say or mean. It is you that seems to have the comprehension problem not me. What makes this even more amusing to me is after your friend was asked what he believes he said he does not believe in God or in the existence of God (his words shown above verbatim) when asked about this later he denied he ever said it. Now you trying to justify these actions only shows dishonesty on your behalf and simply makes you a partaker of your friends actions IMO. I have nothing to hide. His own words are posted verbatim for all to see, Your just simply being dishonest. This is simply sad on your behalf that you need to resort to this but then again I guess breaking God's ninth commandment does not mean much to those who do not believe in God.
What you wrote he said is not verbatim with what he actually said

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, guys, calm down. This is starting to get into rule 1 territory:

1. Personal Comments About Members and Staff
Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok perhaps you can prove that these people did not have an individual experience with God? If you cannot it is simply your opinion that you have no prove did not happen. You are welcome to your opinion but if you cannot prove your claims then that is simply your faith and not mine so we will agree to disagree. Time will tell who is right and who is not :)
As of 2010, there were an estimated 2.19 million Christians world-wide. Are you claiming each and everyone of them must be exactly as you are in order to be Christian? Do you think they all are? If not, how many are not? Are they only good enough for you to use as a statistic?

Last edited:

3rdAngel

OK, guys, calm down. This is starting to get into rule 1 territory:

1. Personal Comments About Members and Staff
Personal attacks and name-calling, whether direct or in the third person, are strictly prohibited on the forums. Critique each other's ideas all you want, but under no circumstances personally attack each other or the staff. Quoting a member's post in a separate/new thread without their permission to challenge or belittle them, or harassing staff members for performing moderation duties, will also be considered a personal attack.

Thanks I would like to be back on topic. The only reason for bringing any of this up is because I was the one being accused of lying so I posted the above to prove I was not.

3rdAngel

As of 2010, there were an estimated 2.19 million Christians world-wide. Are you claiming each and everyone of them must be exactly as you are in to be Christian? Do you think they all are? If not, how many are not? Are they only good enough for you to use as a statistic?

Dan you should know being a christian we cannot judge another persons experience in God. The number here is not relevant only the point is to the collective witness of all those who believe they have had an experience with God. There is a 2015 version that says 2.4 billion - 1/3 of the worlds population. This however is not the real point of what was posted earlier.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
And why is that Ayjay? I ask you simple question to your claims and your unable to answer them. Why because you cannot prove them. If you can prove your claims then prove them if you cannot why pretend you can and seek to make fun of people? This is only a distraction because you know I am telling you the truth but you are unwilling to hear it :)
I really do not understand why you believe the behaviour you display here is the fruit of a Christian. Antagonizing people. Not listening to others. Veiled insults that I would describe as passive aggressive. Avoidance of valid points. I could go on, but I hardly need to.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
True, but why are you pretending people have not said what they said and pretending they said something different?

Here you go, what does this mean?

The problem is that you're representing it as if he made the claim that god doesn't exist, or that he believes the claim that god doesn't exist.

This is not the case and the only thing I'm saying.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks I would like to be back on topic. The only reason for bringing any of this up is because I was the one being accused of lying so I posted the above to prove I was not.
I think it was time for somebody to do something. I was beginning to wonder if you would ever stop.

Try considering some of the valid points that have been made without just dismissing them with a wave of your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.