• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Titanic

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
@Revoltingest
There are tens of videos on YT that show that if Titanic had gone slower, it wouldn't have probably avoided hitting the berg head-on, but the damage would have been minimum. So speed killed the Titanic.

We Never Know

No Slack
@Revoltingest
There are tens of videos on YT that show that if Titanic had gone slower, it wouldn't have probably avoided hitting the berg head-on, but the damage would have been minimum. So speed killed the Titanic.

"High speeds, a fatal wrong turn, weather conditions, a dismissed iceberg warning and lack of binoculars and lifeboats all contributed to one of the worst maritime tragedies"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Revoltingest
Going fast wasn't the only problem.
Had other problems not existed,
it wouldn't have collided at all.

Things are seldom so simple as selecting
a single factor, & claiming it's the only
one that matters....even if a youtube
video says so.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Going fast wasn't the only problem.
Had other problems not existed,
it wouldn't have collided at all.

Things are seldom so simple as selecting
a single factor, & claiming it's the only
one that matters....even if a youtube
video says so.
I must have watched tens of documentaries about Titanic, in my life.
I have watched all the movies about the tragedy.
All of them pointed out that speed killed the Titanic.
Period. There was none that said that speed was irrelevant.
All the rest, that is, steel quality, or stuff like that are desperate attempts to save men from their responsibilities.
There are even some conspiracy theories that said someone sabotaged the ship on purpose.

So ...please...let's be rational
And trust a person who has studied the topic for years. Thanks. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
"High speeds, a fatal wrong turn, weather conditions, a dismissed iceberg warning and lack of binoculars and lifeboats all contributed to one of the worst maritime tragedies"

The dismissed iceberg warnings were countless.
From several ships.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I must have watched tens of documentaries about Titanic, in my life.
I have watched all the movies about the tragedy.
All of them pointed out that speed killed the Titanic.
Movies...well, I can't argue with them.
I'm no Kate Winslet.
Period. There was none that said that speed was irrelevant.
I said it was one factor, not irrelevant.
Gawd....I'm playing go with a pigeon.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I previously explained to you
that this isn't quantifiable.
Anything is quantifiable.

I suggest you not to look down on movies and directors who make them. :)
You know...James Cameron went to the Titanic wreck site numerous time, and nothing bad has ever happened to him.

Unlike...you know...

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Anything is quantifiable.

I suggest you not to look down on movies and directors who make them. :)
You know...James Cameron went to the Titanic wreck site numerous time, and nothing bad has ever happened to him.

Unlike...you know...

Yet back in 2000 a different sub was caught up in the propeller. Luckily it made it out.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok, but I have never believed in fate, bad luck.
These are really illogical myths people use to escape from truth.
It turns out that George Soros staged
the whole thing. The Titanic never sank.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It turns out that George Soros staged
the whole thing. The Titanic never sank.
Can ice cut steel?
Or maybe it was speed that turned a giant mountain of ice into a blade that cut the hull as if it was an aluminium can?
If the speed had been normal, there would have been a dent, or a very small cut.
With a very small damage, the Titanic would have never sunken because it was unsinkable.

I phoned to a former classmate. He is an engineer, now. He confirmed that the absence of high speed would have caused no damage at all. Since it's speed that turns soft materials into hard ones.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
eart is everything.
Nah. You're just not autistic. Like me I have to think about things, so to me the Notebook is a tragedy because no one bothered to help Noah cope and prevent him from repeatedly traumatizing them both.
Sexy stories I like seeming absurd and just wrong as I read them (keep in mind I like BDSM) but steamy and fun thinking back on what I read later on.
@Revoltingest

There's also videos that show had it kept going straight and nit tried to turn it would have been fine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There's also videos that show had it kept going straight and nit tried to turn it would have been fine.
Exactly...it was just ice, at the end of the day...so the bow would have probably destroyed the front part of the berg, preventing the underwater part from touching the sides of the ship.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I found out something interesting today. OceanGate's headquarters are located in my hometown:

Why can't we be famous for something good once? Okay, we do have Boeing's largest plant. In fact the largest building by volume in the world.

And perhaps I should have used the past tense. At least temporarily the office is closed:

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
With an implosion, I doubt they were even aware they were even dead yet. It's that fast.
As I mentioned, but possibly in another thread about this, they apparently did have real-time monitoring of the CF hull (strain gauges or acoustic means probably, given delamination or fibre breakage is most likely), and there might even have been audible signs of the structure failing. This on top of the possibility of tiny leakage occurring before the main event. So I suspect that at least one of them knew what was about to happen, even if only by a few seconds.

The real-time monitoring of the hull was mainly just marketing bull****, given there was no means of escaping their predicament - the vessel unable to respond quickly. The only way of ensuring the vessel was safe to dive would be check that it was in the same condition before and after each dive to prove the structure was sound, or that any damage was well within safe limits. But apparently this could not be done, hence the real-time monitoring. So effectively Rush was gambling as to the safe condition of the vessel. Given that damage would probably accumulate with each dive.