• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To the Non Believers.

Archer

"I'm not going to not talk about it, or "respect" it, just because the people doing it are acting on behalf of their religion."

I would rephrase this to:

I AM going to critique it and I AM going to disrespect it and I AM gong to call it EVIL BECAUSE it is medieval superstition that is at the root of this behavior.

More.

This kind of thing is particularity repulsive because they are using the fruits of science loudspeakers and cars to defeat scientific progress. And not just to prevent a new gizmo but to prevent improvements in children's health.

So you lump also?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
sorry, when religious leaders commit atrocities in the name of their religions, it's a flaw in the religion. There is no religion aside from what religious people believe, write, say and do. That's what religion is.

I though that this argument was faulty. Since not all people in each of those religions aren't like that.

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
What does believer = mean then? I think he can speak for himself and has! He does not need you to explain what he means.

I'll restate myself. IMHO based on my life experience : So called "believers" = think they are better than everyone else who do not believe as they do!!

Again IMHO = In my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
So you lump also?

There's no lumping involved, Archer. The people committing this evil are religionists, speaking, believing and acting on behalf of their religion. Apparently their religion consists of a set of primitive prejudices that need to be eradicated, so that children can benefit from scientific progress and not be paralysed.

Archer

I'll restate myself. IMHO based on my life experience : So called "believers" = think they are better than everyone else who do not believe as they do!!

Again IMHO = In my humble opnion.

Now that I will not doubt. Please don't put all of us together though.

Most of my personal friends are atheist or agnostic. We never have any issues. I also dont pretend to be something I am not like many do.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I though that this argument was faulty. Since not all people in each of those religions aren't like that.

Not all Muslims do it, but all the people who do it are Muslim. Further, they do, according to them in their own words, because they are Muslim. It's not that they happen to be Muslim, they are trying to the best of their ability to live and practice their religion, which just happens to be evil.

Archer

There's no lumping involved, Archer. The people committing this evil are religionists, speaking, believing and acting on behalf of their religion. Apparently their religion consists of a set of primitive prejudices that need to be eradicated, so that children can benefit from scientific progress and not be paralysed.

Start tallying up the numbers. I think you will find it is spread out over all peoples. Read the Christian doctrine! Tell me how they could commit any atrocities! It is the people hiding behind a faith that is not real, not a faith leading people.

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
Now that I will not doubt. Please don't put all of us together though.

Most of my personal friends are atheist or agnostic. We never have any issues. I also dont pretend to be something I am not like many do.

As I said IMHO and based on those I've met in my life. To say the are all the same would be like saying all muslims are terrorist or all RCC priest are child molesters or all atheist are evil devil worshipers.

Wotan

So you lump also?

I know what I see, Kid. And what I see is the belief in these myths used a political and social weapon.

And it is easy to see why. IF you think that what you believe is THE ABSOLUTE Truth, perfect in every way w/o error or possibility of error - and that is a central teaching of these myths. Once you believe that it becomes not simply easy but NECESSARY to spread you "faith" by reason where possible and fire and sword where necessary.

And we see that going on - daily.:(

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Start tallying up the numbers. I think you will find it is spread out over all peoples. Read the Christian doctrine! Tell me how they could commit any atrocities! It is the people hiding behind a faith that is not real, not a faith leading people.

"The Christian doctrine?" There's no such thing. There is no single doctrine that all Christians agree on. I'm not talking about religious people, Archer, so much as religious belief. Here you see religious belief causing harm. That's what we fight against.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not all Muslims do it, but all the people who do it are Muslim. Further, they do, according to them in their own words, because they are Muslim. It's not that they happen to be Muslim, they are trying to the best of their ability to live and practice their religion, which just happens to be evil.

Please, this is really going no where.

Didn't we clear that this kind of argument isn't right. To judge religion or belief systems based on what some of them the people who adhere it do. Besides religion is not what you call it, it is for me and at least the Abrahamic religions followers the truth, the revelation from God. So you can't prove it to be wrong or bad by the actions of some who claim to do it in the name of their religion.

Archer

Archer: Would you please provide some examples of what you perceive as a thread that attacks religious believers?

Here's my nomination for one that attacks unbelievers. Which, by the way, you do not see us whining about.

Answer my last post please!! Show me the information that shows throughout history that more people have been killed for the purpose of religion.

Show that the leaders were in any way following their holy book. More have been killed in the name of man than any God.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Please, this is really going no where.

Didn't we clear that this kind of argument isn't right. To judge religion or belief systems based on what some of them the people who adhere it do. Besides religion is not what you call it, it is for me and at least the Abrahamic religions followers the truth, the revelation from God. So you can't prove it to be wrong or bad by the actions of some who claim to do it in the name of their religion.
Isn't it equally for the people we're talking about to decide what it is? And what they say it is is an evil thing.

I'm sure it's more comfortable for you for your religion to be insulated from criticism, but when I see evil being perpetuated, I'm going to speak out against it. The people perpetuating the evil tell me exactly why they're doing it: because they believe it is Allah's will. They may be mistaken (indeed I'm sure they are, since there is no such thing) but nevertheless it is because of their mistaken belief that they do it. So yeah, I'm going to call Islam on that. It doesn't get a free pass just because it's a religion.

Archer

Isn't it equally for the people we're talking about to decide what it is? And what they say it is is an evil thing.

I'm sure it's more comfortable for you for your religion to be insulated from criticism, but when I see evil being perpetuated, I'm going to speak out against it. The people perpetuating the evil tell me exactly why they're doing it: because they believe it is Allah's will. They may be mistaken (indeed I'm sure they are, since there is no such thing) but nevertheless it is because of their mistaken belief that they do it. So yeah, I'm going to call Islam on that. It doesn't get a free pass just because it's a religion.

Answer the question. Provide information backing your point. Hell look at SE Asia in the last 40 years. Nothing to do with God just politics. S. America? Drugs and politics. Soviet union and China.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Answer my last post please!! Show me the information that shows throughout history that more people have been killed for the purpose of religion.

Why, did I assert that they were? I think they were, but it really has nothing to do with this thread.

Show that the leaders were in any way following their holy book. More have been killed in the name of man than any God.

Well they say there were, and who am I to say different? Now you have made an affirmative assertion, so now it's on you to provide support for your assertion.

Archer

Why, did I assert that they were? I think they were, but it really has nothing to do with this thread.

Well they say there were, and who am I to say different? Now you have made an affirmative assertion, so now it's on you to provide support for your assertion.

I think you should answer this because it is the base of your argument. You said it, I just want to see backup, not back peddling.

Last edited: