• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To the Non Believers.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isn't it equally for the people we're talking about to decide what it is? And what they say it is is an evil thing.

I'm sure it's more comfortable for you for your religion to be insulated from criticism, but when I see evil being perpetuated, I'm going to speak out against it. The people perpetuating the evil tell me exactly why they're doing it: because they believe it is Allah's will. They may be mistaken (indeed I'm sure they are, since there is no such thing) but nevertheless it is because of their mistaken belief that they do it. So yeah, I'm going to call Islam on that. It doesn't get a free pass just because it's a religion.

Well, you have two examples, good and bad, both claiming to be doing it in the name of their religion. Why on earth did you choose the bad and start talking about the religion as if it is evil. I guess a more fair way to judge religions would be to view it's teachings. If there is a scripture, revise it. If there is any kind of reference, check it. But to go ahead and decide that a certain religion is evil, i don't think that's a fair way to judge anything.

I know you won't admit that this method is mistaken, since you already started to try and provoke me.

Archer

There's no lumping involved, Archer. The people committing this evil are religionists, speaking, believing and acting on behalf of their religion. Apparently their religion consists of a set of primitive prejudices that need to be eradicated, so that children can benefit from scientific progress and not be paralysed.

I said what? I'm confused.

Now give me some backup.

Wotan

"The people committing this evil are religionists, speaking, believing and acting on behalf of their religion. Apparently their religion consists of a set of primitive prejudices that need to be eradicated, so that children can benefit from scientific progress and not be paralysed."

Because they SAID they were. Read the story. This is religious inspired evil and those doing it SAY SO.
What more evidence do need?

Archer

I'm confused. What is it that you think I said?

The people committing this evil are religionists, speaking, believing and acting on behalf of their religion. Apparently their religion consists of a set of primitive prejudices that need to be eradicated, so that children can benefit from scientific progress and not be paralysed.

Show me this. I assume you are speaking of all of the bad things in the world? Well I have news for you little lady, these people would have done things with or without religion. It is a tool for some and a crutch for others.

Last edited:

Wotan

"Show that the leaders were in any way following their holy book"

Deuteronomy 7:16-24 For starters.

Archer

"The people committing this evil are religionists, speaking, believing and acting on behalf of their religion. Apparently their religion consists of a set of primitive prejudices that need to be eradicated, so that children can benefit from scientific progress and not be paralysed."

Because they SAID they were. Read the story. This is religious inspired evil and those doing it SAY SO.
What more evidence do need?

Well I can say anything I want but without backup from a credible source it is hot air.

Wotan

". . . these people would have done things with or without religion."

One, you can't KNOW that.

Two even if true for some we KNOW as fact that for some their beliefs ARE the one only cause for murder and mayhem because they SAY SO.

Archer

"Show that the leaders were in any way following their holy book"

Deuteronomy 7:16-24 For starters.

So where are these people I would love to do some raping and pillaging:) You must destroy all the peoples the LORD your God gives over to you. Do not look on them with pity and do not serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you.

I think this does not apply to anyone but the Jew and I don't think most of them are religious.

S-word

Why is it a constant believer bashing around here?

Why? Are you looking for understanding of what is incomprehensible to you?
Are you missing something in your life and feel that you must make others like you?

I have heard religion blamed for everything but the people are individuals and think for themselves. I say dont blame the faith or the believers just take it out on the individuals.

Please explain to me why the constant attack on religion.

It is not so much an attack on "Religion," but an attack on those who believe in God and salvation, and is simply the heavy handed approach of the Atheist/Agnostics in their atempt to convert christians over to their godless religion.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
It is simply the heavy handed approach of the Atheist/Agnostics in there atempt to convert christians over to their godless religion.

That's hilarious! It's pretty good parody, but just goes a bit too far into sounding moronic to really be taken seriously. Still funny though.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Show me this.
What, you think they're lying? They told us so.
I assume you are speaking of all of the bad thinks in the world?
No, I'm only speaking of what I'm speaking of.
Well I have news for you little lady, these people would have done things with or without religion. It is a tool for some and a crutch for others.
So you say. Now it's for you to show this.

I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying this is their religious belief, just as your religious belief is yours. It may not be the same as yours, but it's still their religious belief. For heaven's sake, these muftis are issuing fatwas. They may as well stamp "Religious Edict" on it. For all I know they do.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Why is it a constant believer bashing around here?
It is? In my experience, there is very little religion "bashing" on here, but quite a lot of questioning of religion.

As to why there is a lot of questioning and challenging of religion: well, loot at the banner above the forum.

Why? Are you looking for understanding of what is incomprehensible to you?
Are you missing something in your life and feel that you must make others like you?
Again, look at the banner above the forum.

I have heard religion blamed for everything but the people are individuals and think for themselves. I say dont blame the faith or the believers just take it out on the individuals.

Please explain to me why the constant attack on religion.
I agree to an extent, but it's hardly that simple. Can you say that religion played no part in the holocaust, the Salem witch trials or the Crusades? Without religion, could you honestly say that these people would of found some way to justify to themselves these horrific acts?

It's not about religion being "to blame". Religion certainly isn't the cause of all the world's evils and ills; but its status as a moral compass for millions of people has to be challenged when it has inspired so much hatred, pain, prejudice and suffering. For all that it has caused, atheists such as myself simply don't consider it worthy of the moral exemption it gets from society at large.

S-word

That's hilarious! It's pretty good parody, but just goes a bit too far into sounding moronic to really be taken seriously. Still funny though.

The fact that you seem to believe that the atheist/agnostics are not attempting to convince the christians that they are wrong and should turn against their God and believe as do the atheist/agnostics, that my friend goes a bit too far into sounding moronic to really be taken seriously. Still funny though.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The fact that you seem to believe that the atheist/agnostics are not attempting to convince the christians that they are wrong and should turn against their God and believe as do the atheist/agnostics, that my friend goes a bit too far into sounding moronic to really be taken seriously. Still funny though.

I don't personally know any atheists dumb enough to think that they can convince believers to become non-believers. Emotion is much stronger in most people than rationality, and the emotional need to believe in true believers is so intense as to render logic meaningless to them in regards to that belief. Now, it would be nice if they would keep their myths and fictional rules to themselves - and we will certainly fight them every step of the way on that.