• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Trump supporters

Riders

Every one here who supports Trump keeps saying over and over so what if they're investigating this is nothing nothings going to happen fake news yadayada......................................................................the whole attitude of nothings really happening......................Apparently Trump is not in agreement with you and a bunch of Trump supporters are talking about starting a war.

Trump said Muellers raid of his Lawyer is an attack on AMerica and a bunch of his supporters according to friends on face book are saying they're taking up arms going to Washington to start a war confront protest.It sounds pretty scary to me.

Seems like other supporters dont agree with you guys. Is this country going to war?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Trump said Muellers raid of his Lawyer is an attack on AMerica and a bunch of his supporters according to friends on face book are saying they're taking up arms going to Washington to start a war confront protest.It sounds pretty scary to me.

If the federal government can raid Trump's attorney with a blanket FISA warrant who is going to stop them from raiding anyone they want regardless of probable cause?

Attorney's know things that hurt the client often in the interest of protecting them in cases adequately. It's not about Trump anymore, it's just a complete disregard for both his 4/5th Amendment rights and attorney-client privilege. By taking this step, they've nearly guaranteed that anything they've found would be unable to be prosecuted. My hunch is they know that and this is just a deep state tossing his garbage bins to find scraps and hoping they can find anything to blackmail him with. It just doesn't make sense to do at all in regard to a legal perspective, IMHO.

It's not even about Trump anymore to me, but rather troubling to think that they can do this to anyone. The problem is _SO_ much bigger than Trump.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If the federal government can raid Trump's attorney with a blanket FISA warrant who is going to stop them from raiding anyone they want regardless of probable cause?
Raiding a lawyer's office (and not just "any" lawyer), I'm sure Mueller made damn well sure those ends were covered, because he knows the details of it all are going to be very finely examined.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Every one here who supports Trump keeps saying over and over so what if they're investigating this is nothing nothings going to happen fake news yadayada
Really? All the folks I have seen so far tend to say "Wait and see" and the occasional "I don't think they have anything because..." Anyone who says it is "fake news" is normally just poking us on the left with a stick. :p

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Raiding a lawyer's office (and not just "any" lawyer), I'm sure Mueller made damn well sure those ends were covered, because he knows the details of it all are going to be very finely examined.

It honestly doesn't matter to me what Trump did in this regard, or for that matter, what he did not do. This is an ethical problem in regards to the investigators and it speaks volumes of their natures as swamp-dwelling deep state shills. If this happened to anyone else it would be outrage... Those ends, btw, cannot be covered - there are no exemptions in the constitution for WHO you feel like doing this to. There is no crime that you can do on US soil that would change the any of these rights. This investigation is so freaking over to me it's almost a joke. Whether Trump did this or not that it's irrelevant in the large scale of things. This type of power is too much to be in one single offices hands... It's just insanity...

You're basically telling me that it's OK, let's rip up the constitution because Trump might have done something. Sorry, I just can't get behind that. Not now, not ever. Even without a constitution, I'd be against this ethically.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It honestly doesn't matter to me what Trump did in this regard, or for that matter, what he did not do. This is an ethical problem in regards to the investigators and it speaks volumes of their natures as swamp-dwelling deep state shills. If this happened to anyone else it would be outrage... Those ends, btw, cannot be covered - there are no exemptions in the constitution for WHO you feel like doing this to. There is no crime that you can do on US soil that would change the any of these rights. This investigation is so freaking over to me it's almost a joke. Whether Trump did this or not that it's irrelevant in the large scale of things. This type of power is too much to be one single offices hands... It's just insanity...

You're basically telling me that it's OK, let's rip up the constitution because Trump might have done something. Sorry, I just can't get behind that. Not now, not ever. Even without a constitution, I'd be against this ethically.

Oh, so now ethics matter. Okay.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Really? All the folks I have seen so far tend to say "Wait and see" and the occasional "I don't think they have anything because..." Anyone who says it is "fake news" is normally just poking us on the left with a stick. :p

We can do that? Kewl...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It honestly doesn't matter to me what Trump did in this regard, or for that matter, what he did not do. This is an ethical problem in regards to the investigators and it speaks volumes of their natures as swamp-dwelling deep state shills. If this happened to anyone else it would be outrage... Those ends, btw, cannot be covered - there are no exemptions in the constitution for WHO you feel like doing this to. There is no crime that you can do on US soil that would change the any of these rights. This investigation is so freaking over to me it's almost a joke. Whether Trump did this or not that it's irrelevant in the large scale of things. This type of power is too much to be in one single offices hands... It's just insanity...

How exactly have the investigators torn up the constitution? If anything I would think you would be complaining about Trump in that regard.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Diehard Trump supporters are delusional and part of a cult of personality. You'll never be able to reason with them. They've certainly demonstrated themselves capable of violence. It's been proven that hate crimes have gone up since Trump has been in office. White people feel more free to express their hatred of non-whites, Muslims, Jews, etc. Hell, even on this forum it appears that the amount of racism has gone up since 2016. I'm ashamed to share this country with so many whackjobs.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Does the constitution say lawyers cant be served warrants? I missed that part can you show me?

They can for their own misdeeds. It's completely unusual for them to go after a clients files though, and there are some _very_ extenuating circumstances. (Like, say, someone would die if they didn't have it. Etc.)

Normally, any data that a lawyer has in regard to his client is protected from the courts. This information will be as well, but if it isn't it's grounds to send Mueller packing. However, I wouldn't expect much - if they've gone this far it basically means without breaking their own investigative process they can find nothing. I'm wondering who has Mueller hostage at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is going on... Blackmail or worse...

idav

Being
Premium Member
They can for their own misdeeds. It's completely unusual for them to go after a clients files though, and there are some _very_ extenuating circumstances. (Like, say, someone would die if they didn't have it. Etc.)

Normally, any data that a lawyer has in regard to his client is protected from the courts. This information will be as well, but if it isn't it's grounds to send Mueller packing. However, I wouldn't expect much - if they've gone this far it basically means without breaking their own investigative process they can find nothing. I'm wondering who has Mueller hostage at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is going on... Blackmail or worse...
So you would rather believe that the whole judicial system has broken down than to believe some lawyer did something shady?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I see, so you are totally ignorant of the reasons for the raid or how it was perfectly constitutional. Why didn't you say so? If you had asked nicely I am sure that people would have answered your questions.

PureX

Veteran Member
It has always been both legal and appropriate to investigate the relationship between client and lawyer if there is sufficient reason to suspect that illegal behavior has been colluded upon by both. And this is exactly what is being suspected in this instance.

For example, if a lawyer and his client commiserate on a plan to bribe a juror or a judge to win a trial, their collusion is not covered under the attorney-client privilege provision. And if law enforcement suspects that such has happened, then they are allowed to search for and seize evidence to prove it.

It is suspected that Trump and his lawyer conspired to use campaign money to pay off hookers so they would't sabotage their political campaign by telling their stories in public. This is clearly illegal. And as such law enforcement has the right to search for and seize evidence to prove or disprove this illegal behavior. (Only elected politicians get to use public money to buy their whore's and victim's silence.)

The Trumpsters don't bother to learn the facts, however. They are notorious and willfully ignorant of what's really happening, and why, so they can maintain their absurd and bigoted fantasies about state overreach.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let's try treating this as neither a pro nor anti Trump matter.
Suppose that all we know is....
- Someone (party & identity unknown) is being investigated.
- The FBI raided that someone's lawyer's office as part of that investigation.

Is this normal?
Is it proper & legal?

Last edited: