• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To Trump supporters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was wondering how they would handle the problem of finding material not covered by the search warrant.

Now what I wonder is if it can be shown that Cohen colluded with Trump. Won't the attorney/client privilege totally disappear at that point?

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Yeah, I still think it's troubling. Not only for Trump... :D

My understanding is they could only get this warrant on suspicion that the lawyer himself was doing something wrong. I'm as curious as anyone as to what that is.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is there an investigation into his lawyer? See that's the problem...
Lawyers are not above the law.

FISA warrants do not need probable cause
Yes they do, and they are tougher to get than regular warrants.

FISA was about intelligence gathering NOT finding evidence to take to court.
It goes in front of a judge who then makes the ruling. The judge does not rule on guilt but does rule whether the investigation can go forth or not.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Yeah, I still think it's troubling. Not only for Trump... :D

My understanding is they could only get this warrant on suspicion that the lawyer himself was doing something wrong. I'm as curious as anyone as to what that is.
I am pretty sure it involves campaign finance violation. I have a few other guesses as well, but they are slightly more speculative.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What crime has Trump done or even been accused of? Better question, what crime did Trump's lawyer do? What justifies such a sweeping investigation other than hearsay?
It remains to be seen if he did or not.
because if there was something you could convict him on he'd already be facing the gavel.
We don't know that yet, but we do know the investigation continues. There was a collusion. More details are being discovered, and it will be a long while yet before anyone not directly involved in the case knows much about it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I was wondering how they would handle the problem of finding material not covered by the search warrant.
I was wondering how they were going to get around that too, and I then I happened upon a big long segment on CNN where they got into the "taint team" stuff.
Not the greatest name, but whatever. :D

Now what I wonder is if it can be shown that Cohen colluded with Trump. Won't the attorney/client privilege totally disappear at that point?
As I understand it, attorney/client privilege no longer applies if it is established that a crime has been attempted/committed by the two of them.

I know in the counselling world, if a counselor colludes with a patient to commit a crime, or the counselor is exposed to evidence that his client has committed a crime, confidentiality no longer applies and all the records of their sessions together along with the counselor's notes, etc. can be subpoenaed by a court.

Last edited:

sealchan

Every one here who supports Trump keeps saying over and over so what if they're investigating this is nothing nothings going to happen fake news yadayada......................................................................the whole attitude of nothings really happening......................Apparently Trump is not in agreement with you and a bunch of Trump supporters are talking about starting a war.

Trump said Muellers raid of his Lawyer is an attack on AMerica and a bunch of his supporters according to friends on face book are saying they're taking up arms going to Washington to start a war confront protest.It sounds pretty scary to me.

Seems like other supporters dont agree with you guys. Is this country going to war?

Trump supporters want courts to protect his privacy in spite of probable cause AND they want to judge whether people should enter this country based merely on their country of origin. Go figure...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It has always been both legal and appropriate to investigate the relationship between client and lawyer if there is sufficient reason to suspect that illegal behavior has been colluded upon by both. And this is exactly what is being suspected in this instance.

For example, if a lawyer and his client commiserate on a plan to bribe a juror or a judge to win a trial, their collusion is not covered under the attorney-client privilege provision. And if law enforcement suspects that such has happened, then they are allowed to search for and seize evidence to prove it.

It is suspected that Trump and his lawyer conspired to use campaign money to pay off hookers so they would't sabotage their political campaign by telling their stories in public. This is clearly illegal. And as such law enforcement has the right to search for and seize evidence to prove or disprove this illegal behavior. (Only elected politicians get to use public money to buy their whore's and victim's silence.)

The Trumpsters don't bother to learn the facts, however. They are notorious and willfully ignorant of what's really happening, and why, so they can maintain their absurd and bigoted fantasies about state overreach.
The Leftsters are notorious and willfully ignorant that it's just about a political term by term rite of passage these days.

List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia

This kind of par for course stuff has gotten really old and boring. Maybe introduce Klingon pain sticks for this politically generated rite of passage.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Let's try treating this as neither a pro nor anti Trump matter.
Suppose that all we know is....
- Someone (party & identity unknown) is being investigated.
- The FBI raided that someone's lawyer's office as part of that investigation.

Is this normal?
Is it proper & legal?
You are misrepresenting what happened. It should be like this:

- The FBI raided that someone’s office as part of that investigation.

Is this normal?
Is it proper & legal?

Michael Cohen is under investigation, has been under investigation for a while now. The FBI raided Michael Cohen’s office as part of the investigation into the suspected criminal activities of Michael Cohen.

Shaul

Premium Member
So you address your thread to Trump supporters to persuade them, then right out of the gate you talk down to them and belittle them. They don’t teach that technique for persuasion at the Dale Carnegie classes. How well is this technique working out for you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are misrepresenting what happened. It should be like this:

- The FBI raided that someone’s office as part of that investigation.

Is this normal?
Is it proper & legal?

Michael Cohen is under investigation, has been under investigation for a while now. The FBI raided Michael Cohen’s office as part of the investigation into the suspected criminal activities of Michael Cohen.

And keeping in mind that he is Trump's lawyer they are looking at the evidence recovered very carefully. That is why it is being vetted by a "taint team" first.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Sure there was. You came into the middle of a conversation. Go back and see if you can meet the challenge or are you just going to keep crying?
You’re just pontificating. You’ve done nothing to prove Trump is destroying the constitution. And you can’t, because he’s not.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You’re just pontificating. You’ve done nothing to prove Trump is destroying the constitution. And you can’t, because he’s not.

I never claimed that he was destroying the constitution. That in fact was the claim of those complaining about the investigation into Trump. I asked for evidence for that and no Trump supporters were able to support that claim.

This is a mere strawman on your part.