• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today is the 6th Creative Day, Scripturally

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Dear Scuz, No. I am simply showing my Faith in God's Holy Word while my opponants are trying to convince us that men wrote the Bible. Of course they flee like a dog with his tail between his legs when you ask them to explain How ancient men, who lived 3k years ago, KNEW that we live in a Multiverse as Gen 1:6-8 and Gen 2:4 clearly shows. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Logical Fallacy Alert!!!

Of course you dance around in circles like a dog chasing its tail, when asked to explain where the authority lies in the texts.

"The bible must be right, because... um... the bible says it's right... and... um... ancient men couldn't have written it, because... uh... yeah! Because how could they be mistaken when it's obvious that they know so much about the natural order that... um... contradicts what modern science has... um... proven, and... Yeah! Genesis clearly proves modern science wrong, because, well, it's the bible and, um, scientific fact is wrong because it disagrees with the bible, and we know the bible is right, because it, like, totally agrees with what I believe about it."

-Prime real estate has been sold in swampland on this sort of premise.
-General Malaise has been cured with rattlesnake oil based on this sort of science.
-Suckers have been separated from their money by the employment of these sorts of "truisms."

sojourner

sojourner:>>You're not doing that, either. The whole point of responsible exegesis is to get into the head of the author. You're not doing that.

Dear sojourner, Make up your mind. First you tell us reponsible exegesis is to get into the head of the Author. When I do that with God, the Author of Scripture, you then CLAIM that you can't "exegete" God's Holy Word. Why not? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
That's not what was said. You said:
I would suggest that you do a responsible exegesis of God
I said: "One exegetes texts; one doesn't exegete God."

I said nothing about not being able to exegete the texts.

Further, since you are well aware of my stance on the authorship of the texts, trying to twist my statement of "getting into the head of the author" into somehow "exegeting God" simply won't work. We are discussing the responsible action of learning what the very human authors of Genesis had in mind to communicate.

Sheesh! Even your rebuttals suck pond scum. :foot:

Aman777

Bible Believer
That's not what was said. You said:

I said: "One exegetes texts; one doesn't exegete God."

I said nothing about not being able to exegete the texts.

Further, since you are well aware of my stance on the authorship of the texts, trying to twist my statement of "getting into the head of the author" into somehow "exegeting God" simply won't work. We are discussing the responsible action of learning what the very human authors of Genesis had in mind to communicate.

Sheesh! Even your rebuttals suck pond scum. :foot:

Dear sojourner, You CANNOT exegete the texts without exegeting God, since He is the Author of Scripture. Do you want Scripture? Or would you have us accept YOUR opinion which is NOT supported by Scripture? God Bless you.

in Love,
Aman

sojourner

You CANNOT exegete the texts without exegeting God, since He is the Author of Scripture.
Unsubstantiated opinion. But let's play with that, shall we?

PROVE that God wrote Genesis.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Dear sojourner, You CANNOT exegete the texts without exegeting God, since He is the Author of Scripture. Do you want Scripture? Or would you have us accept YOUR opinion which is NOT supported by Scripture? God Bless you.

in Love,
Aman
Interesting that you think "goatherders" as you call them, could write the exact word of god without understanding what they wrote.

sojourner

Interesting that you think "goatherders" as you call them, could write the exact word of god without understanding what they wrote.
It's a logical fallacy meant to throw us off his scent. He moves the goalposts. He asserts that 1) God wrote the bible. Then he asserts that 2) ancient goat herders wrote the bible. That way he can cover all his bases. If God wrote the bible, it presents an argument from authority (another fallacy). If goat herders wrote the bible, they didn't understand what they wrote, but we do understand (yet we have to understand from the concept of the goat herders who didn't understand. This represents special pleading.

His arguments are wholly fallacious. There is nothing honest, scriptural, or logical about them. It's a crazy method, but I think he understands full well that "you can't argue with crazy," and he uses that to full advantage. He claims that no one can scripturally refute his arguments. The problem is, he's not arguing scripturally. He's arguing fallaciously. IOW, in my opinion, he's playing with us for his own cheap entertainment, claiming that he's got some special knowledge that he's been called to share with us. I think it's trolling, but that call isn't up to me. And so it goes.

Last edited:

Aman777

Bible Believer
Unsubstantiated opinion. But let's play with that, shall we?

PROVE that God wrote Genesis.

Dear sojourner, ONLY God could have possibly known that we live in a Multiverse. Gen 1:6-8 and Gen 2:4 shows at least 3 Universes within our Multiverse.
Only God could have possibly known that the Big Bang of our Cosmos was on the THIRD Day. Gen 2:4
Only God could have correctly written that the FIRST Stars of our Cosmos didn't put forth their light until the FOURTH Day. Today's Science has recenly confirmed that it was Hundreds of Millions of years AFTER the BB BEFORE the Stars lit. Gen 1:16

Now it's your time to tell us HOW men, which YOU claim wrote the Bible, could have possibly known these scientific facts, 3k years ago. Failure to refute these Facts will reveal to everyone that your interpretation is outdated, incomplete, and totally false. That's because the above IS evidence that God, Himself wrote the Bible. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

ScuzManiac

Dear sojourner, ONLY God could have possibly known that we live in a Multiverse. Gen 1:6-8 and Gen 2:4 shows at least 3 Universes within our Multiverse.
Only God could have possibly known that the Big Bang of our Cosmos was on the THIRD Day. Gen 2:4
Only God could have correctly written that the FIRST Stars of our Cosmos didn't put forth their light until the FOURTH Day. Today's Science has recenly confirmed that it was Hundreds of Millions of years AFTER the BB BEFORE the Stars lit. Gen 1:16

Now it's your time to tell us HOW men, which YOU claim wrote the Bible, could have possibly known these scientific facts, 3k years ago. Failure to refute these Facts will reveal to everyone that your interpretation is outdated, incomplete, and totally false. That's because the above IS evidence that God, Himself wrote the Bible. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

That's cool and all but there's one little problem...

Genesis doesn't say this at all.

In fact, Genesis 1:6-8 only says that God made the sky...

It says nothing about outer space, the universe, nothing.

Now, just because you INTERPRET it that way, and no one else does...

Doesn't mean it's correct.

sojourner

In Love,
Aman
Jeeeezus, Mary, and Joseph! :facepalm: :rolleyes:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I know.

Apparently, God himself waited over 4 billion years to write The Bible.

Hundreds of thousands of years after humans were roaming the Earth.

And this is just one reason why I simply cannot acept the idea that any religious text is "the Word of God".

Aman777

Bible Believer
Originally Posted by sojourner

Dear Readers, The above is a good example of taking the LORD's name in vain.

Originally Posted by ScuzManiac
I know.

And this is just one reason why I simply cannot acept the idea that any religious text is "the Word of God".

First one unbeliever uses the Name of the LORD in vain, and then another unbeliever chimes in with his unsupported Fantasy view, and then another unbeliever joins them in trying to explain his UnBelief. Sorry, but going to Hell in a handbasket, suddenly makes better sense, to me. :yes: God Bless all of you.

In Love,
Aman

sojourner

I know.

First one unbeliever uses the Name of the LORD in vain, and then another unbeliever chimes in with his unsupported Fantasy view, and then another unbeliever joins them in trying to explain his UnBelief. Sorry, but going to Hell in a handbasket, suddenly makes better sense, to me. :yes: God Bless all of you.

In Love,
Aman
You might consider that your posts thus far have only been worth
1) an epithet
2) fantasy
3) disbelief
in the way of response.

ScuzManiac

I know.

In Love,
Aman

I'm not a believer, so you're right about that...

But the thing is....

I can support what I say with what is actually in The Bible...

You can support what you say with your unique INTERPRETATION of The Bible.

Who lives in the fantasy world now my friend?

Last edited:

Aman777

Bible Believer
I'm not a believer, so you're right about that...

But the thing is....

I can support what I say with what is actually in The Bible...

You can support what you say with your unique INTERPRETATION of The Bible.

Who lives in the fantasy world now my friend?

Dear Scuz, God tells us that you CANNOT understand Scripture:

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Should we believe you or God? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer
You might consider that your posts thus far have only been worth
1) an epithet
2) fantasy
3) disbelief
in the way of response.

Dear sojourner, It really pleases me when an unbeliever begins to try to sound sophisticated. No one cares about your personal opinion, which is backed by nothing but wind. Unless you can begin to support your rants with actual rebuttal, in agreement with Scripture, Science, and History, you should go back and study before you put your fingers on the keyboard again and reveal your lack of argument for everyone to see. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

sojourner

Dear Scuz, God tells us that you CANNOT understand Scripture:

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Should we believe you or God? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
Proof-texting =/= "biblical proof." So far, according to what's been posted here, Scuz has a better track record of understanding Genesis than you do.

sojourner

Dear sojourner, It really pleases me when an unbeliever begins to try to sound sophisticated. No one cares about your personal opinion, which is backed by nothing but wind. Unless you can begin to support your rants with actual rebuttal, in agreement with Scripture, Science, and History, you should go back and study before you put your fingers on the keyboard again and reveal your lack of argument for everyone to see. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
It really pleases me when a self-righteous windbag who thinks he has all the right answers makes a HUGE mistake and pegs me for an "unbeliever."

In my profession, as a member of the clergy, plenty of people care about my personal opinion, which is backed by appropriate education in biblical studies and theology. Until you understand that your opinions here have not been "biblical" fact, and that biblical argument is contraindicated in order to refute your claims, you should refrain from posting more opinion advertised as "biblical truth," before you reveal your lack of knowledge of simple concepts like "opinion" for everyone to see.

Aman777

Bible Believer
It really pleases me when a self-righteous windbag who thinks he has all the right answers makes a HUGE mistake and pegs me for an "unbeliever."

In my profession, as a member of the clergy, plenty of people care about my personal opinion, which is backed by appropriate education in biblical studies and theology. Until you understand that your opinions here have not been "biblical" fact, and that biblical argument is contraindicated in order to refute your claims, you should refrain from posting more opinion advertised as "biblical truth," before you reveal your lack of knowledge of simple concepts like "opinion" for everyone to see.

Dear sojourner, Have you been born again Spiritually? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman