• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 reasons why Jesus Christ Isn't God

dogsgod

Defining God and defining who or what Jesus was could go on for ever. Two thousand years and no agreements on who Jesus was and who knows how many thousands of years and wars fighting over God as well. Good luck.

atanu

Premium Member
the revelationof the Quran at the same person (prophet Muhammad pbuh) at the same time/age ,it's not like the revelation of the bible at many persons (authors of the New testement ) in diferent ages/times

You support me. Different age/time require different styles of revelation, but the revealer - God is one. For example, for sick, infirm and infants only barley water might be prescribed but for the more robust some more freedom?

Taking Jesus, the two legged man, as the only way to salvation instead of relying on the knowledge that Jesus represented, IMO, is a mistake that human mind makes because it knows not the formless and the ungraspable. And same, IMO, with the notion that the Prophet was a mere two legged person and not embodiment of divine knowledge -- which is eternal.

Om Shanti

Last edited:

javajo

I would not get so hung up on HOW God gave us the Bible, but that he did. Now, I have not attacked your Quran, so why attack my Bible? I enjoy sharing my beliefs and hearing those of others, but to constantly nitpick about how God gave us the Bible, is getting old.

dogsgod

I would not get so hung up on HOW God gave us the Bible, but that he did. Now, I have not attacked your Quran, so why attack my Bible? I enjoy sharing my beliefs and hearing those of others, but to constantly nitpick about how God gave us the Bible, is getting old.
Is there any limit to what Christians believe?

javajo

Is there any limit to what Christians believe?
There are core doctrines central to Christianity that most Christians believe, then there are less important things like different ways of worship, traditions, and teachings that we may differ somewhat on but that don't make us any less Christian. Like an ice cream store, we have many flavors but its all ice cream. :)

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
brother we are not in war , attack and defend ...etc
we are discuss about the history of the bible , many persons here critic the Quran , and Islam

Godobeyer

Premium Member
So I need to watch a 48 minute video of someone that thinks that allah is god telling me why my God isn't God.
I guess you had a confused info , do you know what is mean Allah ?

Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/; Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔɑlˈlɑː] ( listen), [ʔalˤˈlˤɑː]) is a word for God used in the context of Islam.[1] In Arabic, the word means simply "God".[2][3][4] It is used primarily by Muslims and Bahá'ís, and often, albeit not exclusively, used by Arabic-speaking Eastern Catholic Christians, MalteseRoman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox Christians, Mizrahi Jews and Sikhs.[5][6][7] It is related to ʼĔlāhā in Aramaic.

from
Allah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Hello Godobeyer

Why was then another revelation through Muhammad necessary?
and I add this :
yes , it's necessary because the other revelation were edited/modified by human
that's there were many Gospels , and the christians choose only 4 of them
why not 5 ? or 6 ? or let them all ?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Jesus is one with the Father.. And His Father is my Father. You will know it later.

Trey of Diamonds

fortunately , my video is longer than your video :) . could you show this video to your family ?
Nope, this video is absolute trash. I can't comment on yours as I haven't seen it. 48 minutes is a bit long for my attention span.

As for Allah and Christ, I have no problem with either of them. I'm one of those pesky Unitarian Unversalists who believe all religions are worthy.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Godobeyer-don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. Sikhs, to the best of my knowledge, do not use Allah when speaking of God. They call God "Nam" or "Ik Onkar". Any Sikhs here want to check my work?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Jesus is one with the Father.. And His Father is my Father. You will know it later.
I know it now , Jesus (pbuh) is his father himself :facepalm:
look brother is your father and you are the same person ?

10- God cannot be born.
9- No explicit statement in which Jesus said, “I’m God” or “Worship me”.
8- No one can see God in this life.
7- Jesus never taught the Trinity.
6- God does not sleep, eat, drink, etc. Jesus slept, ate, drank, etc.
5- Jesus does not know everything.
4- Jesus explicitly states that he is not God.
3- The Bible does not call Jesus the son of God alone.
2- God cannot change. He is perfect.
1- God is the essence of the worship. He is the object of worship. Had Jesus been God, he would have told people to worship him. Truly, he did the exact opposite as in Matthew 15:9.

from the video or
Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God - English

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Godobeyer-don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. Sikhs, to the best of my knowledge, do not use Allah when speaking of God. They call God "Nam" or "Ik Onkar". Any Sikhs here want to check my work?
Allah is arabic word ,english is God , french is dieu
Jesus (pbuh) called his god "Elahi" in Aramaic , it's the same word that we used in arabic when we say "my god " in arabic.

this is a part of the movie with original langage "aramaic" passion of the christ
[youtube]yBTnwFq0Lf4[/youtube]
,in aramaic JESUS CALLED GOD: ALLAH - YouTube

aramaic and arabic and hebrew are semitic langages , they spell many word the same way .

and if you want more info plz check this link in this forum :
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...04471-jesus-pbuh-said-elahi-his-language.html

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Jesus (pbuh) called his god "Elahi" in Aramaic , it's the same word that we used in arabic when we say "my god " in arabic.

this is a part of the movie with original langage "aramaic" passion of the christ
[youtube]yBTnwFq0Lf4[/youtube]
,in aramaic JESUS CALLED GOD: ALLAH - YouTube

aramaic and arabic and hebrew are semitic langages , they spell many word the same way .

and if you want more info plz check this link in this forum :
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...04471-jesus-pbuh-said-elahi-his-language.html

Yes, each language has it's own word for 'god'. But you quoted the Wiki that said that Sikhs use the word Allah for god. This is incorrect. Even for those Sikhs who do not speak Punjab, they still use their religious terms for god. It's the same as a non-Arabic speaking Muslim. They still use Allah for god, regardless of what language they speak normally.

Edit: and I'm aware that Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic are all Semitic languages, and that many words are similar between languages. But if I'm not mistaken, isn't the Arabic general word for god 'ilah', and not Allah?

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Yes, each language has it's own word for 'god'. But you quoted the Wiki that said that Sikhs use the word Allah for god. This is incorrect. Even for those Sikhs who do not speak Punjab, they still use their religious terms for god. It's the same as a non-Arabic speaking Muslim. They still use Allah for god, regardless of what language they speak normally.
look brother it's seem i missunderstand you , maybe it's because my fast read or something else . I just edit my post

edited : allah الله "is definition word " like "the God" in english ,but and إله "Ilah" it's close to the meaning " one god" in english , but there is other one الإله " al-ilah" it's also close to the meaning "the one god"

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

Oh wow, Aramaic is similar to Arabic...I never wouldve thought that :rolleyes: