• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 reasons why Jesus Christ Isn't God

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I know it now , Jesus (pbuh) is his father himself :facepalm:
look brother is your father and you are the same person ?
Seems you do not understand Christian belief. I know, it can be confusing, when not known.

10- God cannot be born.
Yes, because God, the Great Creator is deffiently limited to human understanding and laws. Your are right, oh wise and mighty one. ;)

9- No explicit statement in which Jesus said, “I’m God” or “Worship me”.
Of course! What a great argument.....Whens the last time you read Gospels? Oh right even if you did he still didn't say "I'M God" or "Worship me". But all that nonsensical allegorical statements such as being the "Living Bread" and all.

8- No one can see God in this life.
Even if he WAS in the form of man, we still couldn't see him?

Also, didn't Isaiah see God?

7- Jesus never taught the Trinity.

And? Again, what a great and detailed argument.

6- God does not sleep, eat, drink, etc. Jesus slept, ate, drank, etc.
Here is a 'Fill in the Blank'

According to Christian belief Jesus was God in ___ form.

5- Jesus does not know everything.
Mind reader?

4- Jesus explicitly states that he is not God.
Does he?

3- The Bible does not call Jesus the son of God alone.
Is doesn't? No, just the "Living bread come down from heaven". As well as the "Word" who was "with God" and "Was God". And the epistles and letters say nothing of that nature either :rolleyes:

2- God cannot change. He is perfect.

Who changed?

1- God is the essence of the worship. He is the object of worship. Had Jesus been God, he would have told people to worship him. Truly, he did the exact opposite as in Matthew 15:9.
God is the essence of the worship? What do you mean by that?

As with knowing what God would do if he was made Man, I wonder how you know.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
and I add this :
yes , it's necessary because the other revelation were edited/modified by human
that's there were many Gospels , and the christians choose only 4 of them
why not 5 ? or 6 ? or let them all ?

lol how much reading you do on that?

As with the Quran being needed because humans edited/modified the Gospels, why then didn't we add stuff that would make your silly arguments useless, such as adding "trinity" and all. You must take Christians as idiots :rolleyes:

glyphkenn

Here's 10 things I know of Jesus .
1. He was a Moral Thinker . Probably the most moral of them all.
2. Why was his truly moral teaching and his life story placed smack dab in the middle of the most violent ,bigoted ,racist ,elitist ,oppressive to women book I've ever read.
3. Christianity today, no longer follow the lifestyle of Jesus.
4. His views were nonviolent even in resistance.
5. Study his sermon on the mount if you want to learn of his teachings .
6.The decision to merge his teaching with the rest of the crap in the bible, did us all a disservice .
7. His existence can't be proven. Every other prominent figure of the time , are mentioned in other text. He is only mentioned in the bible. I find that strange.
8. I believe he existed. The bigoted ,racist ,elitist , women oppressive writers, of his day didn't have the enlightenment to give us these truths.
9. He never said he was God, man God , or triune God.
10. I believe he was one of the greatest Moral Thinkers ever . I don't believe he was God.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
let's study them one by one

if Isaih see God .
can you explain to this verse ?
John 1:18 " No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Here's 10 things I know of Jesus .
1. He was a Moral Thinker . Probably the most moral of them all.
2. Why was his truly moral teaching and his life story placed smack dab in the middle of the most violent ,bigoted ,racist ,elitist ,oppressive to women book I've ever read.
5. Study his sermon on the mount if you want to learn of his teachings .
6.The decision to merge his teaching with the rest of the crap in the bible, did us all a disservice .
7. His existence can't be proven. Every other prominent figure of the time , are mentioned in other text. He is only mentioned in the bible. I find that strange.
8. I believe he existed. The bigoted ,racist ,elitist , women oppressive writers, of his day didn't have the enlightenment to give us these truths.
I don't agree this , can you explain by gives arguments .
3. Christianity today, no longer follow the lifestyle of Jesus.
4. His views were nonviolent even in resistance.
9. He never said he was God, man God , or triune God.
10. I believe he was one of the greatest Moral Thinkers ever . I don't believe he was God.
I agree this , but what you mean by Moral thinker .

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
let's study them one by one

if Isaih see God .
do you an explain to this verse ?
John 1:18 " No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known."

Not seen in person. But does it deny Isaiah had a vision and seen God?
Isaiah 6-1

[1] In the year that king Ozias died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne high and elevated: and his train filled the temple. [2] Upon it stood the seraphims: the one had six wings, and the other had six wings: with two they covered his face, and with two they covered his feet, and with two they hew. [3] And they cried one to another, and said: Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God of hosts, all the earth is full of his glory.

But then again this vision is only a vision; for God doesn't truly have a body. Only when he took the form of Man did he have a body.

Truthfully, your arguments are weak.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
VS

Isaiah 6-1 In the year that king Ozias died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne high and elevated: and his train filled the temple. [2] Upon it stood the seraphims: the one had six wings, and the other had six wings: with two they covered his face, and with two they covered his feet, and with two they hew. [3] And they cried one to another, and said: Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God of hosts, all the earth is full of his glory.
it's seem we had contradiction here . seen in vision or in mirror or in dreams, does'nt matter.
edited : the result is seen vs never be seen .

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Truthfully, your arguments are weak.
And you, sir, are being generous in that observation. I was thinking the argument was more pathetic than weak. There is certainly no penetrating insight being displayed, that much is sure.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
And you, sir, are being generous in that observation. I was thinking the argument was more pathetic than weak. There is certainly no penetrating insight being displayed, that much is sure.
:eek:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
VS

it's seem we had contradiction here . seen in vision or in mirror or in dreams, does'nt matter.
edited : the result is seen vs never be seen .

Not really. In life and in Vision is a big difference. As is seeing in full and seeing part.

Either way, your argument doesn't amount to anything. Despite arguing over semantics such as if seeing a part of God in a vision equals to seeing him in full as another Human.

Do you really think this argument over something that is more like an opinion over interpretation can prove this religion false?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Not really. In life and in Vision is a big difference. As is seeing in full and seeing part.

Either way, your argument doesn't amount to anything. Despite arguing over semantics such as if seeing a part of God in a vision equals to seeing him in full as another Human.

Do you really think this argument over something that is more like an opinion over interpretation can prove this religion false?
edited : by the way if you feel that you right why you delete the verses from the quote ? you let just "VS"
that your opinion to make a difference between seen god in vision or life .
whatever how do you know that was a vision ?

Yes one true contradiction make a religion false .

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
edited : by the way if you feel that you right why you delete the verses from the quote ? you let just "VS"
that your opinion to make a difference between seen god in vision or life .
whatever how do you know that was a vision ?

Yes one true contradiction make a religion false .

lol I didn't delete any verse. You must not know how these forums work :rolleyes:

Its your opinion that there is no difference between seeing God in person and in a vision. Which is illogical because there is a big difference between visions and in physical reality.

As to how I know it was a vision, I ay go read the verse again

Godobeyer

Premium Member
lol I didn't delete any verse. You must not know how these forums work :rolleyes:
ok they deleted them selves

Its your opinion that there is no difference between seeing God in person and in a vision. Which is illogical because there is a big difference between visions and in physical reality
yes , he discribe what he see , whatever the way that he see , by his eyes or his mind .
you see your dreams (when you slep ) by your mind or your eyes ?
if you see a person you know in your dream , you would recognize him right ?

there is a discribe of God .Isaiah 6-1 In the year that king Ozias died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne high and elevated: and his train filled the temple. [2] Upon it stood the seraphims: the one had six wings, and the other had six wings: with two they covered his face, and with two they covered his feet, and with two they hew. [3] And they cried one to another, and said: Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God of hosts, all the earth is full of his glory

and you if you remember you told me this
8- No one can see God in this life.

now you said it's just vision lol

As to how I know it was a vision, I ay go read the verse again
me too i read it , I did not find any sign that tell it was vision . if you find it tell us .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
lol I clearly see you can not come up with a sensible argument, just arguing with semantics. Im done here
edited : clearly you don't deny it's was a contradiction between the two verses .that's why you done ,

acuatly the the forum made to arguing , it's not chat rooms . fortunelty we made good discussion with all respect .

Last edited:

glyphkenn

I don't agree this , can you explain by gives arguments .

I agree this , but what you mean by Moral thinker .[/quote. . . . . . . The planet we live on is very special because of it's ability to produce and maintain complex life . It's the only one that we know of at this point . A moral thinker is then compelled by nature to be pro life. When I say jesus was one of the greatest Moral Thinkers I should explain . None of his teaching was original . Which leads to another reason why he was not God. God himself coming to earth without bringing an original thought ? The reason he was one of the best was his knowledge extend and came in immediate contrast with his surroundings . Moral Thinkers of the day only seek to preserve specific cultures. His range extended past that.

Last edited:

A.Anderson

I want to know if some one could deny these top 10 reasons , which give clear proofs, which deny that Jesus (pbuh) was not a God

[youtube]YW99U4JWNEc[/youtube][/quote]

Well, the argument from popularity is presented as some form of credibility within the first 37 seconds, which is reason enough to conclude that the remaining 47:13 seconds is just going to continue with the same type of apologetic nonsense.

Granted I still don't believe Jesus is God, or that their is a 'God', but I understand that Islam is where this video was going which I find equally as appalling.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
question. does a person needs to be a god, a prophet, a Bodhisattva or an Avatar for his moral teachings to be recognized?

the gospels narratives share some great moral thinking, the Sermon on the Mount contains some universal morals that any thinking man can recognize, whether they believe in God or not.

the whole Godhood, prophethood etc. in some regards are added layers of theology, greatly debated on, while the authentic moral content which is the real meat of the matter is overlooked.