• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
What is needed?
To promote the dialogue between Russia and the EU, to begin with. What Orban has been doing, by flying to Moscow and speaking with Putin in person.
There are so many solutions available, like an immediate ceasefire, and a demilitarization of the Donbas regions.

Europeans want peace. But the NATO wants war, they want to fight a war against Russia...and Ukraine is just a pawn.

Yes. NATO, for the last 30+ years, has been all about pushing their influence as close to Russia as possible - to surround and control it. This is basic history. The architects (warmongers) include Madelyn Albright and Zbigniew Brzezinski.

Let's be honest about American imperialism, please, people.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's means it's illegal. The donation was from someone else.

Minors​

"An individual who is under 18 years old may make contributions to candidates and political committees, subject to limitations, if:

• The decision to contribute is made knowingly and voluntarily by the minor;
  • The funds, goods or services contributed are owned or controlled by the minor, proceeds from a trust for which he or she is a beneficiary or funds withdrawn by the minor from a financial account opened and maintained in his or her name; and
  • The contribution is not made using funds given to the minor as a gift for the purpose of making the contribution, and is not in any way controlled by another individual."

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Yes. NATO, for the last 30+ years, has been all about pushing their influence as close to Russia as possible - to surround and control it. This is basic history. The architects (warmongers) include Madelyn Albright and Zbigniew Brzezinski.

Let's be honest about American imperialism, please, people.

Do you remember the space race 1969 era between Russia and the United States? 55 years later the two are on stage again, but so is the EU. That was the issue 2 years ago, stated as a defense move on Putin's part against the Ukraine. The bordering territories predominately part of the EU and with Ukrainian inclusion effort, it amped up the hostilities. At this point, it's not just EU but NATO with Ukraine's future agenda. With that stated, two years after the onset and concern over the EU, do you think Russia is feeling any less threatened? I think the aim is to stop the war machine, but it's unknown whether this will be enough. Which war machine? I suppose the balance of power principle is in play and this is to be determined. Either way, if this spreads into other territories, do you think anyone will be exempt? I doubt EU or NATO countries will and I doubt many other territories will either. That's the concern and the effort being made for peaceful resolutions, which I am on board with. The balance of power principle important enough to consider. Otherwise, we could end up with a very difficult strong arm applying pressure in ways that the global majority will not be able to resist. The shifts seem appropriate enough as an attempt to counter too much on one side, but we'll see.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious

Minors​

"An individual who is under 18 years old may make contributions to candidates and political committees, subject to limitations, if:

• The decision to contribute is made knowingly and voluntarily by the minor;
  • The funds, goods or services contributed are owned or controlled by the minor, proceeds from a trust for which he or she is a beneficiary or funds withdrawn by the minor from a financial account opened and maintained in his or her name; and
  • The contribution is not made using funds given to the minor as a gift for the purpose of making the contribution, and is not in any way controlled by another individual."
Thank you. I was reading this.

PureX

Veteran Member
That's a great start for the investigation. He is the starting point and the only person in question to date. Psychological profile study about human behavior in order. "What leads some people to acts of violence of this nature." The typical motive is spot light name recognition aim. I'm suggesting it was disruptive and could possibly alter the political playing field and public participation in Americas political processes. It's worth considering the effect of such an act.
Knowing the shooter's 'story' might help someone else following that same path to see a need for a change. It might also help the rest of us to see how we are complicit in this kind of insanity. Because we are.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
That’s naive. The shot of Trump’s bloodied face, fist in the air, and the American flag waving behind him will be everywhere between now and Election Day.

Yeah, this tragic event may indeed help him. However, I hope Americans will vote on this issues, not emotion.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you remember the space race 1969 era between Russia and the United States? 55 years later the two are on stage again, but so is the EU. That was the issue 2 years ago, stated as a defense move on Putin's part against the Ukraine. The bordering territories predominately part of the EU and with Ukrainian inclusion effort, it amped up the hostilities. At this point, it's not just EU but NATO with Ukraine's future agenda. With that stated, two years after the onset and concern over the EU, do you think Russia is feeling any less threatened? I think the aim is to stop the war machine, but it's unknown whether this will be enough. Which war machine? I suppose the balance of power principle is in play and this is to be determined. Either way, if this spreads into other territories, do you think anyone will be exempt? I doubt EU or NATO countries will and I doubt many other territories will either. That's the concern and the effort being made for peaceful resolutions, which I am on board with. The balance of power principle important enough to consider. Otherwise, we could end up with a very difficult strong arm applying pressure in ways that the global majority will not be able to resist. The shifts seem appropriate enough as an attempt to counter too much on one side, but we'll see.
Let's say that Putin does need to incorporate neighboring Ukraine's
territory for self defense. Once it becomes part of Russia, would its
new neighbors' territory be needed for self defense?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Knowing the shooter's 'story' might help someone else following that same path to see a need for a change. It might also help the rest of us to see how we are complicit in this kind of insanity. Because we are.

I would think it would lead to greater insight of what compelled him to make the attempt in the first place. I've just read that some are trying to blame democrats for the act. I don't think blame belongs to any one party. It's a national if not international dynamic that creates both hostilities and that which motivates a need for change. Environmental realities, social dynamics, coupled with ongoing media coverage and opinion in uncertain times can wreak havoc on the mental stability of everyone. I'm always telling myself "I've got to get a better grip" and exercise more self- control. If nothing else, it's times like these that stir up a conscious awareness of need.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Ok, understood.

As I said everybody needs to clearly and strongly condemn political violence. And perhaps in this situation those who oppose Trump need to go first, but when I say everybody I mean everybody. Both sides of the political spectrum and those in the middle as well.

If there is going to be any hope of unification people need to stop saying those who attacked the capital were "patriots" and that they are "political prisoners". And everybody needs to stop talking about civil war. Everybody.
On a TV news show this morning, I don't remember which one, but the CBS Sunday morning political show, it was said that early this morning Biden ordered his campaign to discontinue all campaign ads, print, commercials, ALL that have any kind of personal attack or derogatory content. I'm hopeful it will be mutual and catch on as a new popular way of campaigning.

It's a hopeful step in the right direction.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist

I think it was the growing threat that was/is the concern and that hasn't gone away.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Yes, but the geopolitical calculations will change, since most of them will be in NATO.

We Never Know

No Slack
I would think it would lead to greater insight of what compelled him to make the attempt in the first place. I've just read that some are trying to blame democrats for the act. I don't think blame belongs to any one party. It's a national if not international dynamic that creates both hostilities and that which motivates a need for change. Environmental realities, social dynamics, coupled with ongoing media coverage and opinion in uncertain times can wreak havoc on the mental stability of everyone. I'm always telling myself "I've got to get a better grip" and exercise more self- control. If nothing else, it's times like these that stir up a conscious awareness of need.
Blame is being pushed toward many things from the dems, to someone hoping it starts a revolution and even Trump brought it on himself.

-When Kennedy was assassinated it brought the country together
-When Reagan was attempted to be assassinated it brought the country together
-Now that Trump has been attempted to be assassinated its tearing the country further apart.

Its a sad state of affairs that is going on in the US.

PureX

Veteran Member
That’s naive. The shot of Trump’s bloodied face, fist in the air, and the American flag waving behind him will be everywhere between now and Election Day.
Only as BS political advertising. No one pays that stuff any mind except those who already believe in it. And they're nuts.

Our next door neighbor could get shot in the head and killed by some lunatic stranger and we'd forget about that, too, in a few weeks. The hyperbole train has been running so loud, fast, and furious for so long that it has no real effect anymore. We've heard it all before, and then saw that it amounted to nothing. And the more Trump and his minions try to make political hay out of it, the more boorish and dishonest they will show themselves to be.

A whole lot of our fellow Amercans suffered some very real and traumatic losses, yesterday. Donald Trump was very comparatively very fortunate.

PureX

Veteran Member
Blame is mostly a waste of time. An excuse to relieve ourselves of any responsibility.

Causes and opportunities matter, though, as they actually facilitate the harm. We should be looking at those and at ways of mitigating them.