• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

We Never Know

No Slack
That's gotta be embarrassing. The kid climbed up the side of the building that law enforcement was using as a staging area.

Building where Trump rally gunman perched on roof was police tactical team staging

"BUTLER, Pa. —

Law enforcement officers confirmed to ABC News the building where a gunman opened fire at a Pennsylvania rally for former President Donald Trump was the building being used as a staging area for a local police tactical team.

Moments before shots rang out, rallygoers noticed 20-year-old Thomas Crooks climbing onto the roof and warned two officers"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The AR 15 is an assault rifle minus automatic fire mode. It's actually a variant of the M16.

AR style rifles are not assault rifles.
AR-15 rifles are beloved by gun enthusiasts and despised by gun opponents; objects of both fury and fiction-frequently, mischaracterized as a military weapon and often wrongly called an assault weapon.

Only on day one....
One day too many.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

One day too many.
Right because it's not an assault rifle on a technicality , but in reality the real AR15 is exactly the same thing as an M16 minus the features of burst and full automatic fire modes.

Its still the same weapon. Manufactured by Colt firearms.

AR style is like what my friend had which was actually a .22 caliber instead of a 5.56 caliber and looked almost exactly like an M16. It was pretty cool in my book.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm hearing the left decry the availability of "high power, military grade weapons."
Is the AR 15 high power?
What is "military grade?"
Would a common hunting rifle have been any less deadly?

I think the left is embarrassing itself again.

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm hearing the left decry the availability of "high power, military grade weapons."
Is the AR 15 high power?

Yeah I believe a 30-06 would have done more damage if it nicked his ear. But its a deer rifle, not in AR-15 assault style weapon(sarcasm)

A 30-06 bullet is about 3 times the weight of a 223 bullet, its launches slower, has more energy and I do believe it retains more of its velocity at long range.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is the AR 15 high power?

In the competitive shooting world, "high power" simply refers
to center-fire cartridges used in matches, eg, 308, 223.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Right because it's not an assault rifle on a technicality , but in reality the real AR15 is exactly the same thing as an M16 minus the features of burst and full automatic fire modes.

AR style is like what my friend had which was actually a .22 caliber instead of a 5.56 caliber and looked almost exactly like an M16. It was pretty cool in my book.
So it's ok for you to misuse gun terms but not others?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It depends on who you ask. On a 223 some consider it high power while some consider it intermediate power.
Here is a helpful chart.
At least, I find it helpful

;.ioh;;0.JPG

We Never Know

No Slack

Here as a piece of trivia for you.

Did you know most/many of yhe M16's that were issued to US troops during the Vietnam war had COLT AR-15 marked on the receiver.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It depends on who you ask. On a 223 some consider it high power while some consider it intermediate power.
As I said, in "competitive shooting".
BTW, AR style rifles in 223 are sometimes
disparagingly referred to as a "mouse gun".
(I shot a Springfield M1A Supermatch in
high power venues.)

We Never Know

No Slack
As I said, in "competitive shooting".
BTW, AR style rifles in 223 are sometimes
disparagingly referred to as a "mouse gun".
(I shot a Springfield M1A Supermatch in
high power venues.)
Never heard them called a mouse gun. Have heard them called a varmit rifle often though.

My mouse gun when I was young was a single shot 22lr with bird shot shells. Killed many mice in the barn with that thing lol

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Here as a piece of trivia for you.

Did you know most/many of yhe M16's that were issued to US troops during the Vietnam war had COLT AR-15 marked on the receiver.
Um...
So what?

I mean the last part of the FIRST sentence in the post you responded to includes:

"... in reality the real AR15 is exactly the same thing as an M16 minus the features of burst and full automatic fire modes."​
So i really do not see how anyone should be surprised that "Colt AR-15" was marked on the lower receiver...

In 1959, ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-15 to Colt due to financial difficulties and limitations in terms of manpower and production capacity.[1] After modifications (most notably, the charging handle was re-located from under the carrying handle like AR-10 to the rear of the receiver),[3] Colt rebranded it the Colt 601, however, it still carried the Armalite markings due to contractual obligations to Armalite/Fairchild Aircraft Co. Colt marketed the redesigned rifle to various military services around the world and was eventually adopted by the U.S. military in January 1962 and subsequently designated as M16 rifle in December 1963, which went into production and service in 1964.[10]

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

A "5.56 caliber"? The gun had a barrel diameter of 5.56 inches? Dang! That is not a rifle, that is a cannon. Maybe a .556? That is still a rather big gun, but it is not insane.

We Never Know

No Slack
Um...
So what?

I mean the last part of the FIRST sentence in the post you responded to includes:

"... in reality the real AR15 is exactly the same thing as an M16 minus the features of burst and full automatic fire modes."​
So i really do not see how anyone should be surprised that "Colt AR-15" was marked on the lower receiver...

In 1959, ArmaLite sold its rights to the AR-15 to Colt due to financial difficulties and limitations in terms of manpower and production capacity.[1] After modifications (most notably, the charging handle was re-located from under the carrying handle like AR-10 to the rear of the receiver),[3] Colt rebranded it the Colt 601, however, it still carried the Armalite markings due to contractual obligations to Armalite/Fairchild Aircraft Co. Colt marketed the redesigned rifle to various military services around the world and was eventually adopted by the U.S. military in January 1962 and subsequently designated as M16 rifle in December 1963, which went into production and service in 1964.[10]
So what. I already knew all that. Bet you didn't already know what I posted.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Never heard them called a mouse gun. Have heard them called a varmit rifle often though.

My mouse gun when I was young was a single shot 22lr with bird shot shells. Killed many mice in the barn with that thing lol
I have heard them called a mouse gun.
At some competitions, I have heard the 223 referred to as a "fly flicker" round.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is a helpful chart.
At least, I find it helpful

View attachment 94221
That chart has on rather odd feature. Black bears show up three times on it. In the lightest of the big game with the .30-30 rounds, I remember those as "brush guns". In the medium to long range rounds for big game. Both of those make sense. But then a third time in the with the largest of rounds. I think that last one must have been some sort of computer glitch.