• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So what? Do you really not understand the difference between insulting an individual and insulting a group?
But the group I was speaking of was the élites who fund the wars behind the scenes out of money-hunger.
And they are theists...I can promise you that most of them go to their buildings of worship regularly.
Very religious. But God is not within them, they are devilish and diabolical beings.

They paid the guy who almost killed Fitso and also the guy who almost killed Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All of this effort to declare that the weapon used was not an "assault rifle". To what end?
Anti-gun types use "assault rifle" inaccurately for histrionics.
It's designed to inflame passions using dishonesty.
Usually, Second Amendment fundamentalists engage in this kind of dictionary gamesmanship.....
Those who use the term incorrectly are playing a game,
ie, frightening the masses by trickery.
...in order to derail any serious or meaningful discussion over gun control...
If you want to be serious, use terminology correctly.
Don't divert discussion with such histrionics.
....pretending that assault rifles are really just hunting rifles....
That's a falsehood.
with large ammo clips--oops! er, magazines. I meant magazines! Not clips. Only a total ignoramus would call them clips! (In fact, technical and user manuals use the term "clips" quite often.) Technically, this is a lot of logic chopping over what everyone commonly calls an assault rifle except those engaged in social media discussions. At the end of the day, we are still looking at an incident where the shooter used America's favorite style of civilian assault rifle. It isn't military grade. It's a versatile terrorist grade assault rifle. And now you can fit bump stocks to them in order to make a handy-dandy automatic weapon that isn't technically a "machine gun" or "automatic rifle" thanks to the jerks on the Supreme Court.
Geeze, get a grip, man.
If you want to discuss guns, learn the
terminology, & how they function.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Who's funding Putin, the biggest warmonger of all?
That would be Putin, & Russian taxpayers.

Putin doesn't need to be funded by anyone.
The Russian State is rich because the Gazprombank is public and so the Russian State gains from the sale of natural gas and oil.
;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Except he used the word "caliber" especially since he is American as well that is measured in hundredths of inches and is written .22 for example:

And bore and barrel diameter are the same since people are concerned with the size of round that will fit inside it. As to "bore" that is sometimes synonymous to "gauge". A "four bore" or four gauge is a really big gun.
Typically, the number determines the measurement system.
It's a common shorthand among us gun nuts.
Examples...
22, 308, & 50 mean inches.
5.56 & 7.62 mean millimeters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Putin doesn't need to be funded by anyone.
All war making requires resources, eg, soldiers,
materiel. That means spending money.
Russians finance their own wars....with help
from China.
The Russian State is rich because the Gazprombank is public and so the Russian State gains from the sale of natural gas and oil.
;)
That's acknowledging one
source for Putin's war chest.

Tomef

Have any documentation that these
elites (note correct spelling) with that?
The New Yorker does that accented e bit for some reason. I’ve never actually heard anyone pronounce it that way, though. Stress is usually on the 2nd syllable. The NY-er just likes being fancy, I suppose.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The New Yorker does that accented e bit for some reason. I’ve never actually heard anyone pronounce it that way, though. Stress is usually on the 2nd syllable. The NY-er just likes being fancy, I suppose.
Perhaps writers at The New Yorker feel sophisticated
when adding superfluous diacritical mark.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
As leftists insult Trump 24/7.
Using very vulgar language.
At least I used a very refined term.
No,you used a lazy slur that insults the godless among you. What if we started using Italian to describe Italians we don't like? Like what if I said Rocky is a dumb Italian meathead. I can try to hide behind how I don't care for people who beat each other's brains in, the fact is his having Italian lineage is, properly and rightfully, off limits for the insult. You would be right to be offended as I included being Italian as a part of the insult against this one person.
Or how Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden was criticized for calling someone a "Greek ****." It's that Greek part that caused a stir, and rightfully so.
Now, you did in fact use godless as an insult knowing damn well there are many godless here. You used it in a traditional way. Yes, you can try to excuse it and say it's something other than prejudice against atheists. But you used the term in a very traditional way, as an insult. I grew up around racists who tried to justify their own bigotry by claiming their venomous beliefs only apply to certain black people.
Trump gets insulted because hes a chronic liar, a bully, sexual predator, traitor, mass murderer, he wants to be a dictator, his campaign promises are that of a bloodthristy tyrant.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No,you used a lazy slur that insults the godless among you.
No...these people are theists.
I have many atheist friends, they are super cool.
Godless means a person that doesn't have God within. In my language it has this meaning. Period.

Why do you think the term godless offends atheists? Explain it etymologycally.
Use your linguistic skills.
What if we started using Italian to describe Italians we don't like? Like what if I said Rocky is a dumb Italian meathead. can try to hide behind how I don't care for people who beat each other's brains in, the fact is his having Italian lineage is, properly and rightfully, off limits for the insult. You would be right to be offended as I included being Italian as a part of the insult against this one person.
But you mean to insult just one person. So?
I am not insulting atheists at all. I am calling godless a very tiny group of people. an élite.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Do you consider a tube fed 22lr semi-auto with a 16 round capacity an assault weapon?

Why or why not

Any weapon can be used to assault people, but not every rifle would be called an assault rifle. Those with the look and function of AR-15 and similar rifles are called assault rifles not just because of their appearance, but because of their functional attributes--ability to mount large-capacity ammunition magazines, rapid-fire semiautomatic action, type of ammunition, etc. They don't have to be automatic weapons or military grade weapons, but they are popular with gun enthusiasts because of the way they look and function and also because of the macho image they project.

Gun control debates that focus on how people ought to use a word like "assault rifle" are no longer debates over gun control. They are debates over how to define words. It is semantic gamesmanship that avoids discussion of the real issues that concern people.

We Never Know

No Slack
Any weapon can be used to assault people, but not every rifle would be called an assault rifle. Those with the look and function of AR-15 and similar rifles are called assault rifles not just because of their appearance, but because of their functional attributes--ability to mount large-capacity ammunition magazines, rapid-fire semiautomatic action, type of ammunition, etc. They don't have to be automatic weapons or military grade weapons, but they are popular with gun enthusiasts because of the way they look and function and also because of the macho image they project.

Gun control debates that focus on how people ought to use a word like "assault rifle" are no longer debates over gun control. They are debates over how to define words. It is semantic gamesmanship that avoids discussion of the real issues that concern people.
I agree the term is over used and thrown around way too often.