• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
-The SS dropped the ball. So far I haven't seen the left acknowledge that

-Trump is selling sneakers after his assassination attempt where someone was killed and others hurt. He is a business man. Trump is lucky he is alive to do so

-Some people say its not classy because someone died/others hurt. Some of those same people are sorry the shooter missed. That's real classy. Some of those same people would have cheered if he had been killed. Again, that's real classy

-Trump lent his name to a gofundme for the victims. Last I checked, early this morning, it was around $6 million. Without his name it wouldn't be that high IMO

-Everyday in the US someone is profiting from the misfortune of others whether one dies or several die. Again its business.

-Trump's assassination attempt has even been blamed as set up by him. Some think that's a plausible conspiracy theory while others are stupid.

-I could go on but see no point. Sadly this kind of Ignorance and hate thrives in America. Its becoming the norm. That is very sad
I think "the left" has acknowledged that the Secret Service dropped the ball.

It seems "the right" won't acknowledge that and instead have come up with various conspiracy theories in some attempt to explain what went wrong.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
A linguist, eh. Cunning?
To claim such authority as justification for your mis-use
of the term is most lame.
I have greater expertise, having been a competitive
shooter, & been in the weapon design business
(as an engineer). But I don't base my claim on this.

I can see where you might have issues in discussions on gun control. I have a very strong background in the use of technical terms in engineering documents and in trying to get engineers to understand issues surrounding their documentation. The greatest challenge has been on getting them to understand the need for plain language when describing technical issues. I wouldn't have a problem with you going to the mat on how to define "assault weapon" in technical documentation, because I've been caught in the middle of engineers getting into fights over glossary definitions. In the context of this thread, however, I think that "assault rifle" is a perfectly reasonable term for the kind of weapon used by Crooks. Obviously, he could have used a less popular style of rifle, and the result might have been no different. I think that the type of weapon he used does tell us something about his self-image and how he wanted to be seen by others.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can see where you might have issues in discussions on gun control. I have a very strong background in the use of technical terms in engineering documents and in trying to get engineers to understand issues surrounding their documentation. The greatest challenge has been on getting them to understand the need for plain language when describing technical issues. I wouldn't have a problem with you going to the mat on how to define "assault weapon" in technical documentation, because I've been caught in the middle of engineers getting into fights over glossary definitions. In the context of this thread, however, I think that "assault rifle" is a perfectly reasonable term for the kind of weapon used by Crooks. Obviously, he could have used a less popular style of rifle, and the result might have been no different.
Sometimes, the technical use of a term is appropriate.
Gun control policy is one such occasion. "Assault rifle"
is a term that matters. But mistaking a magazine for
a "clip" doesn't matter because their function is similar
enuf to not matter. Same as with "bullet" & "round".

Your post was a good opportunity to address this.
Thanx.

We Never Know

No Slack
A person spotted on the roof less than 150 yards away 20 minutes prior and nothing was done. SMH

Secret Service spotted Trump rally shooter on roof 20 minutes before gunfire erupted

"Law enforcement officials investigating the assassination attempt on Donald Trump told lawmakers Wednesday that 20 minutes passed between the time U.S. Secret Service snipers first spotted the gunman on a rooftop and the time shots were fired at the former president, according to several law enforcement officials and lawmakers briefed on the matter.

Officials said the snipers spotted the suspect, 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks, on the roof of a building outside the security zone at the rally Saturday in Butler, Pennsylvania, at 5:52 p.m. ET. The shooting happened at 6:12 p.m. ET, 20 minutes later, the sources said."

Ebionite

It'll be interesting to hear her defend her "sloped roof" excuse. https://thehill.com/policy/national...-service-director-assassination-attempt-roof/
Her reason is absurd on its face. The building was outside of the SS security perimeter, which is also absurd given that securing elevated positions with line of sight to Trump should have been a priority.

GShh_NHXAAA8i9Z.jpeg

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Her reason is absurd on it's face. The building was outside of the SS security perimeter, which is also absurd given that securing elevated positions with line of sight to Trump should have been a priority.

View attachment 94377

Why do all your pictures only have/show one team of snipers? Misinformation? Errors?
If your sources can't even get that right why even trust them for anything else.

As I pointed out before there were two teams.

IMG_20240718_183730.jpg

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
I think "the left" has acknowledged that the Secret Service dropped the ball.

It seems "the right" won't acknowledge that and instead have come up with various conspiracy theories in some attempt to explain what went wrong.
I really haven't seen the left acknowledging the dropping of the ball by the SS.
As for conspiracy theories, they are running rampant from both the left and the right.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Dan Bongino: There is a “Phone Text Record” the Threat was Recognized at 5:01pm ET — an Hour Before Trump Got on Stage

• Some are saying there was a failure in the beginning to properly get information out that there was a credible threat at 5:01pm ET

• the locals and Butler County Officials however, are disputing that, saying they told the Secret Service about the Threat and they didn’t do anything.

• there will be a FOIA request at some point in the near future to see the text record, when and what was done about it.

• Secret Service “sources” say it wasn’t until 5:31pm ET, before they got a picture of this threat.

• In addition, Dan says he confirmed there was little to no aerial drones in the air. There was no aerial surveillance plan

In a nutshell, The Secret Service is throwing local PD under the bus, and local PD is saying Secret Service is lying… a FOIA request should clear things up.

And before 911 there were reports they were planning to fly a plane into the world trade center.

Yes, the level of incompetence can seem staggering when viewed in retrospect. But it is not evidence of a conspiracy.

We Never Know

No Slack
And before 911 there were reports they were planning to fly a plane into the world trade center.

Yes, the level of incompetence can seem staggering when viewed in retrospect. But it is not evidence of a conspiracy.
The SS spotted the kid on the roof 20 minutes before he started shooting. Its a clear and blatant failure, not a conspiracy.

What is hard to believe is with these optics, how the heck could they not see the kids gun too?

IMG_20240718_201203.jpg

Ebionite

The evidence supporting conspiracy for 9/11 is more extensive that for Butler County because of concurrent pre-planned exercises that were similar in nature to the actual events.

Malicious intent sets conspiracy apart from incompetence. There is a history of malicious intent against Trump from his political opponents, the most egregious IMO was his impeachment for asking Zelensky in look into the influence peddling that occurred between the Bidens and Burisma. Biden also called for Trump to be put in the 'crosshairs'.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
What is hard to believe is with these optics, how the heck could they not see the kids gun too?

View attachment 94380
I, admittedly, am just speculating, but until Crooks posed as a clear and present danger, the SS could do nothing but watch and wait. He was outside of their scope of authority, and outside of the rally parameters, I understand, was under the jurisdiction of the local law enforcement.

Also, I would speculate that Crooks rushed his decision to fire once he new he had been spotted, reported to officers, and realizing the "gig was up," fired nervously and without proper site, also giving the SS snipers the legal right to take him down.

I don't think it's right to point a finger of blame towards anyone, but yes, "someone" could have done a better job.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The evidence supporting conspiracy for 9/11 is more extensive that for Butler County because of concurrent pre-planned exercises that were similar in nature to the actual events.
There was no 9-11 conspiracy.
Malicious intent sets conspiracy apart from incompetence. There is a history of malicious intent against Trump from his political opponents,
Oh, you mean how many republicans ran against Trump because he is a chronic liar and criminal?
the most egregious IMO was his impeachment for asking Zelensky in look into the influence peddling that occurred between the Bidens and Burisma.
Oh, the the bribe that Trump attempted against Ukraine. What you didn't mention was that Trump threatened to no longer supply military aid that congress had already approved unless Zelenskyy did something unethical to benefot Trump, and against Biden.

And remember, this was just the first impeachment.
Biden also called for Trump to be put in the 'crosshairs'.
To get media attention back on Trump.

What Biden didn't say was "are there any unstable people with access to a rifle who can kill Trump?"