• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Dave Watchman

Not yet. And I just double checked. I may have reacted prematurely to a post of another. That is my mistake. I am still hoping that it was not an American citizen. That would be very disappointing.

I was feeling the same as you when I first heard it wasn't an American. But I still can't confirm the social media reports. One of them is removed now. Trump said nothing is known at this time about the shooter. So my reaction may have been premature as well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hopefully no one, I seriously doubt this shooter has made any practical impact on advancing the cause of the left.
I'm going to wait to see what the investigation brings if this guy was a hired assassin, or a left-wing lunatic Fringe element.

The fact that this individual can bring in a weapon into the convention and even hit Trump suggest this person might have been a hired professional, although granted not professional enough.

I will admit at this point it's just conjecture on my part, but there are a lot of people who say that the left wing will try to assassinate Trump and it's really looking that way so far because lawfare is obviously not working for them.

Will I as well as others will be right?

Only time will tell as to whether this is actually the case , or the doing of some left-wing whack job who is now stone dead. At least that is some consolation in light of this first assassination attempt on Trump's life.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Trump is tough. He was a strong president before, and I'm getting the feeling now he'll be a strong president after his more likely assured win to the White House this year.
He will probably make sure he is at the RNC Convention if at all possible.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I haven't found it yet. Multiple social media posts claim it was an Italian man. Yes there can be false reports.

Here are some which I hesitated to post:
I just heard confirmation on NBC News, that the shooter's identity has not been shared and that all of the social media shooter's are false.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I take small solace in that the suspected shooter was not an American citizen. He was a crazy man from another country. No need to mention which country. I am pretty sure that they want to disown him too.
It doesn't negate the possibility that he was hired by somebody. Hopefully the coming days will shed more light on this.

anotherneil

I used Google Earth to estimate the distance between the location of the rally and the location of the shooter & it's about 1,000 feet (300 meters), assuming I have the locations correct.

Trump_shooting_satellite_distance.png

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
According to my understanding the shooter did not enter the convention, but rather climbed up a nearby roof (the event was outdoors).

Right. He was outside 'the perimeter' so did not have to go through any screening, such as a magnetometer. But being up on a roof, is seems like the snipers who killed him (very quickly ) should have seen him up there?

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Not surprised an attempt was made on his life. We already knew that he might be intentionally killed to remove him from the election and so far it's been proven the mentality of these people.

Good job in killing those responsible. They absolutely deserved it.

Isn't Trump arguing that a President, in office, should be able to do whatever he or she wants, with impunity? I am not suggesting that Biden would orchestrate such an assassination, but just that Trump needs to think about the implications of his legal arguments.

Dave Watchman

Looks like I need an account to watch.

Can you see the twitter post, and it's image as it's embedded in the forum post?

I knew you needed an account to post a reply, or to like a twitter post. But I always thought they could be viewed by those without an account.

It's really just to see the image of law enforcement snipers aiming in the shooter's direction prior to the shots.

They were already laying down on another roof aiming in the snipers general direction.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Can you see the twitter post, and it's image as it's embedded in the forum post?

I knew you needed an account to post a reply, or to like a twitter post. But I always thought they could be viewed by those without an account.

It's really just to see the image of law enforcement snipers aiming in the shooter's direction prior to the shots.

They were already laying down on another roof aiming in the snipers general direction.

I can zoom in on that image and see the (government) sniper on the roof but that does not show me where he is aiming, unless I am missing something.