• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
That's what the news reports have been saying.
Don't blame me for reporting what I'm hearing just as everyone else is here.
You must be watching FOX. Rally goers pretty much agreed to 4. Pundits on NBC give a high count of maybe 7, not to be confirmed until the experts investigate the audios.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
We need to at least come together to agree to disagree with each other civilly and respectfully.

Generally, I think there are issues on which it is inherently disrespectful to certain groups to "disagree" on specific points, an example of which would be knowingly opposing someone's basic rights, including their right to life, or knowingly supporting their being abused.

I see a major difference between recognizing the above and supporting an assassination attempt of a politician holding a rally for a democratic election. The latter is a dangerous rabbit hole that must be nipped in the bud before it could sink a society into chaos.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wow, it took 73 posts for someone to finally start with the anti-Trump rhetoric in a thread about someone trying to assassinate Trump.
You guys still surprise me sometimes.
Look at how few posts it took for Trump supporters to attack Biden first. You cannot complain about Biden supporters when it was Trump supporters that first changed the subject.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Respectfully I say this kind of language needs to stop. He is not a faciest nor did he try to overthrow an election. Others have called him hitler or liken him to hitler. Crazy people feed off these lies. We will see who this person was and why they did it but please stop for the good of our country.
I stand by everything I said, and I am not going to stop saying it.

But, we should debate these things in other threads.

I still strongly condemn all political violence. But nothing has changed.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Generally, I think there are issues on which it is inherently disrespectful to certain groups to "disagree" on specific points, an example of which would be knowingly opposing someone's basic rights, including their right to life, or knowingly supporting their being abused.

We can have those disagreements sans violence.

I see a major difference between recognizing the above and supporting an assassination attempt of a politician holding a rally for a democratic election. The latter is a dangerous rabbit hole that must be nipped in the bud before it could sink a society into chaos.

Indeed.

Laniakea

Not of this world
You must be watching FOX. Rally goers pretty much agreed to 4. Pundits on NBC give a high count of maybe 7, not to be confirmed until the experts investigate the audios.
I was flipping the channel back and forth between ABC and NBC.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm glad Trump wasn't killed or seriously injured. I'm sorry to hear that bystanders may have been killed or injured. I worry that this sort of thing will promote wider and greater violence and pray that does not happen.

If there is blame to be had, it is for the person that decided to take matters into their hands and subvert our laws, good conscience and the values cherished in this country to do it. But it seems whatever justice needed to address that person has been meted out.

What concerns me now is that the country keep a cool head and this does not escalate more such anger and action.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Your despicable posts after an attempted assassination attempt are very revealing of your character.
A 30 second speech that puts out the usual talking points without real meaning is a cookie-cutter style speech. What's there to despise about that?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I remember when Trump got Covid and had to go to the hospital. I remember there were people saying they hoped he would die, people on this board said that (I don't remember who) and people I knew in RL said that. I only said I hoped Trump got better and he would be defeated in the election.

Trump did recover, and was defeated in the election.

Now, let me say, I hope Trump recovers and gets defeated in the election.

And I condemn all political violence.

Clizby Wampuscat

Trumps truth social account said this

I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of Law Enforcement, for their rapid response on the shooting that just took place in Butler, Pennsylvania. Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the Rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured. It is incredible that such an act can take place in our Country. Nothing is known at this time about the shooter, who is now dead. I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear. I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin. Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening. GOD BLESS AMERICA!