• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Assassination Attempt

anotherneil

You do realize that it's someone else who writes all these statements and posts to social media, right? It's not actually him. They usually have PR teams who do this for them. And an attempted assassination attempt on your electorial rival easily overrides whatever else you have on the agenda at the moment.
Well he has just released a brief statement - are you happy now?

Wandering Monk

WND (formerly WorldNetDaily) is an American far-right[1] news and opinion website. It is known for promoting fake news[2] and conspiracy theories,[3] including the false claim that former President Barack Obama was born outside the United States.[4]

The site was founded in May 1997 by Joseph Farah, who is its current editor-in-chief and CEO. The website publishes news, editorials, and opinion columns, while also aggregating content from other publications.

Dave Watchman

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Not surprising. With as many people as were there packed tightly together, 13 shots are going to hit multiple people.
Where in the world did you get the number 13? Are you still baiting threads even when the subject is this serious?
No need to reply.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Biden won't make any statement until his handlers get it typed up on the teleprompter first.
Considering how Biden has been lately, it would be in his best interest to keep his mouth shut. After he has said so many times that Trump is the biggest threat to democracy and this country, he needs to own up to being at least partially responsible for what just happened. Such rhetoric against a political opponent is incitement of violence, and now the violence he incited has taken place.
Funny this.
How here you claim Biden is at least partially responsible for this attack but that somehow Trump bears no responsibility for jan 6...

Laniakea

Not of this world
Where in the world did you get the number 13? Are you still baiting threads even when the subject is this serious?
No need to reply.
That's what the news reports have been saying.
Don't blame me for reporting what I'm hearing just as everyone else is here.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Funny this.
How here you claim Biden is at least partially responsible for this attack but that somehow Trump bears no responsibility for jan 6...
Wow, it took 73 posts for someone to finally start with the anti-Trump rhetoric in a thread about someone trying to assassinate Trump.
You guys still surprise me sometimes.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
As a Biden voter who has no love for Trump, this is despicable. Violence against political opponents cannot be tolerated.

Biden's statement was brief and to the point, as it should have been before we confirm more facts. Let's avoid this devolving into a debate about gun control or whatever. This is a sad day for the United States, no matter what your political affiliation. We need to at least come together to agree to disagree with each other civilly and respectfully. That's what this website is supposed to be about.

I am thankful for people with whom I can have civil discourse and debate, even when we don't see eye to eye. We are fellow humans at the end of the day. May we realize that soon.

Clizby Wampuscat

Trump is the biggest threat to democracy. That is the truth and it has not changed. And if you think this is going to stop people from pointing it out you are wrong. Trump is a wanna be fascist, he tried to overthrow a fair and free election, he is a convicted felon, an adjudicated rapist, a danger to national security, a danger to the planet.

And I still condemn all political violence.
Respectfully I say this kind of language needs to stop. He is not a faciest nor did he try to overthrow an election. Others have called him hitler or liken him to hitler. Crazy people feed off these lies. We will see who this person was and why they did it but please stop for the good of our country.