• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

We Never Know

No Slack
No, a Wyomingite would just have the same voice as any other citizen.

... as opposed to today, where both sides realize that Wyoming is a Republican lock, so neither presidential candidate has to think about Wyoming at all.

Exactly! Their only voice is their EC votes.

For example Philadelphia could cancel out the whole state of voters.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yes. People died because of that day.
I read the entire article. I'm not sure you did.

You know a person can sustain injuries that can cause a stroke not long afterward, right? Like, if the guy wasn't at the Capitol and wasn't attacked by the armed mob, he'd still be alive today.

Four officers died by suicide, committed in the days and months after January 6th. They definitely appear to be linked to that day.

"Four suicides: Four other police officers committed suicide in the days and months after the riot.

The first was U.S. Capitol Police Officer Howard Liebengood, 51, who had been guarding the Capitol for 15 years and was on duty at the Capitol on Jan. 6. He took his own life three days after the riots.

The following day, Trump ordered flags at the White House be lowered to half-staff in honor of both Sicknick and Liebengood.

Several days later, D.C. Police Officer Jeffrey Smith, 35, who was injured in the riots on Jan. 6, also committed suicide.

Smith’s wife, Erin, told the Washington Post her husband related to her the fear and panic he experienced the day of the assault on the Capitol, and that he was afraid he might die.

In defending the Capitol, Smith was struck on the helmet by a metal pole thrown by rioters. Later that night, his wife said he went to the police medical clinic, where he was prescribed pain medication and put on sick leave.

Smith’s wife said he “wasn’t the same” in the days after the riot and seemed to be in constant pain. After visiting a police clinic on Jan. 14 and being ordered back to work, Smith shot himself on the way to work, the Post reported.

The families of Liebengood and Smith both sought to have them recognized as “line of duty” deaths, which would afford their families enhanced benefits.

In a letter sent to Rep. Jennifer Wexton of Virginia, Liebengood’s widow wrote, “After assisting riot control at the Capitol on January 6th, USCP scheduled Howie to work lengthy shifts in the immediate days following. He was home for very few hours over the course of four days. Although he was severely sleep-deprived, he remained on duty- as he was directed- practically around the clock from January 6th through the 9th. On the evening of the 9th, he took his life at our home.”

In the letter, reported by CNN, Serena Liebengood concluded, “The Liebengood family wants Howie’s death to not have been in vain. Recognition of the cause of his death, much like the critical examination of the riot itself, will remain central to how we make right those tragedies and help avoid their repetition.”

The Liebengood family later provided a statement to CNN, “Howie dedicated 15 years of his life to protecting these elected officials, as well as millions of visitors at the U.S. Capitol each year. Officials on both sides of the aisle witnessed firsthand the catastrophic events of January 6. We are certain they recognize that this tragedy led to Howie’s death.”
I have read and reread and reread that entire article.

By the way, my mom had a stroke that wasn't related to anything. And two of the officers committed suicide SIX MONTHS after the riot, and at least one of them was deemed to have overwhelming issues that had nothing to do with the riot. I am very sorry they took their own lives but that's what happened.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Exactly! Their only voice is their EC votes.
Try reading more carefully next time. That isn't what I said.

Wyoming has effectively no voice right now.

The Republicans don't need to care about Wyoming's concerns, because they can't do better than the 100% they're already getting from Wyoming.

The Democrats also don't need to care about Wyoming, because they have no realistic prospect of doing well enough to get Wyoming's EC votes.

Neither presidential candidate has any reason to care about Wyoming.

OTOH, if presidents were elected based on the popular vote, then swaying, say, 16,000 voters in Wyoming would matter as much as they care about swaying 16,000 voters in what's a "swing state" right now.

We Never Know

No Slack
Try reading more carefully next time. That isn't what I said.

Wyoming has effectively no voice right now.

The Republicans don't need to care about Wyoming's concerns, because they can't do better than the 100% they're already getting from Wyoming.

The Democrats also don't need to care about Wyoming, because they have no realistic prospect of doing well enough to get Wyoming's EC votes.

Neither presidential candidate has any reason to care about Wyoming.

OTOH, if presidents were elected based on the popular vote, then swaying, say, 16,000 voters in Wyoming would matter as much as they care about swaying 16,000 voters in what's a "swing state" right now.
Swaying 16,000 voters in Wyoming would not matter when there are numerous single cities that can cancel out the whole state.

Btw..
16,000 is only 0.01% of the voters from 2020

The whole state is only 0.37% of voters from 2020

Clizby Wampuscat

Who we vote for reflects on our character regardless of who we vote for. What about Harriss's platform do you think reflects badly on her supporters?
What if find flawed in many Harris supporters is the lack of honesty when it comes to Trump. Harris supporters have claimed Trump is a racist, will end democracy, is like Hitler, is a nazi, is a white supremacist, is a rapist, is going to put political opponents in jail without due process, wants WWIII. everyone of those has been said by the media, dems and their supporters. Yesterday Hillary said he is dangerous to the country and the world a day after he was almost assassinated for the second time. I disagree with all of those characterizations. It shows poorly on them when they think these are true without good evidence and most just believe it because they have been told it is true my the media. Kamala has repeatedly lied about Trump and will continue to do so because she has no policy positions or answers.

You can question my character, but you are basing that assessment on what you think Trump is and not what he actually is. If Trump was all those things you think he is then I would not be voting for him. You don't have to agree with everything a candidate does or says to vote for them.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
This is Harris and all dems when Russia wins the war.

68xz9s.jpg

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I have read and reread and reread that entire article.

By the way, my mom had a stroke that wasn't related to anything.
Sorry to hear it. Not sure how it relates.
And two of the officers committed suicide SIX MONTHS after the riot,
And?
and at least one of them was deemed to have overwhelming issues that had nothing to do with the riot. I am very sorry they took their own lives but that's what happened.
It doesn't say that in your article. And it appears as though you haven't read the article I linked you to.

Look, you were trying to claim that the deaths associated with January 6th weren't actually associated with January 6th, then you gave us an article that showed the opposite of what you said. That's where we are.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Swaying 16,000 voters in Wyoming would not matter when there are numerous single cities that can cancel out the whole state.

Sure it would. It's just that the voters in those cities have a voice as well.

Btw..
16,000 is only 0.01% of the voters from 2020

I know. I picked that number because it was the winning margin in Michigan when Trump took the state in 2016. Both sides put a lot of effort into listening to Michigan voters in that election.

How many times did either candidate visit Wyoming that time?

The whole state is only 0.37% of voters from 2020
Yes. So in a fair and reasonable system, they would be entitled to 0.37% of the overall say in the decision.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't know why this page is acting this way and I don't have the fortitude to figure it out.
Sometimes when I hit the reply button the cursor is in the same field as the quote. If you hit the return button that will take you out of that field and you won't have the problem. Or at least that has worked for me.

F1fan

Veteran Member
That was F1fan's term. I can say the same about Harris supporters.
There is no rational argument for why anyone would support Trump and vote for him knowing what is available about him. The man is disturbed, has obvious mental decline, lies about the most stupid things that can be confirmed as untrue, is a convicted felon, faces more criminal charges, has vowed to get revenge against anyone who has opposed him, and will allow the impiemntation of Agenda 47 and project 2025, which have horrible and in some cases illegal aims.

What is bad about Harris that makes her on par with the criminal candidate?

She's a stable person, she is well accomplished as a lawyer and prosecutor, she's not a criminal, she doesn't exhibit any mental problems, she actually cares about others, she aims to implement policies that will actually move the economy forward and help the average citizen. Some of her ideas are ambitious, but at least they don't target categories of human beings with intent to harm them, like what Trump intends to do to migrants, even those here legally.

In what way are Harris supporters scum for a candidate that has such excellent virture? I've explained my argument for why Trump supporters are deliberately flawed as "thinkers" and how their support reflects badly on their character, so where is your explanation? Nothing? That just reinforces how flawed your thinking process is. You definately have these beliefs, but you can't ariculate why you have them, and why you say you "can say the same thing about Harris supporters". You could say it, but I guess you are aware you have no argument to actually say it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What if find flawed in many Harris supporters is the lack of honesty when it comes to Trump. Harris supporters have claimed Trump is a racist,
will end democracy,

is like Hitler

"Former President Donald Trump said immigrants coming to the U.S. are “poisoning the blood of our country,” a remark on Saturday that quickly drew a rebuke from his chief Democratic rival as President Joe Biden’s campaign likened the words to those of Adolf Hitler.

“They let — I think the real number is 15, 16 million people into our country. When they do that, we got a lot of work to do. They’re poisoning the blood of our country,” Trump told the crowd at a rally in New Hampshire. “That’s what they’ve done. They poison mental institutions and prisons all over the world, not just in South America, not just to three or four countries that we think about, but all over the world. They’re coming into our country from Africa, from Asia, all over the world.”

, is a nazi , is a white supremacist,
is a rapist,

is going to put political opponents in jail without due process,
wants WWIII. everyone of those has been said by the media, dems and their supporters. Yesterday Hillary said he is dangerous to the country and the world a day after he was almost assassinated for the second time. I disagree with all of those characterizations. It shows poorly on them when they think these are true without good evidence and most just believe it because they have been told it is true my the media. Kamala has repeatedly lied about Trump and will continue to do so because she has no policy positions or answers.

You can question my character, but you are basing that assessment on what you think Trump is and not what he actually is. If Trump was all those things you think he is then I would not be voting for him. You don't have to agree with everything a candidate does or says to vote for them.

Somebody is definitely being dishonest about Trump, It's not Harris supporters. It's his own supporters.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
The EC is the only way states like Wyoming, N & S Dakota, etc have a voice.
You mean one citizen, one vote isn't enough for the people of Wyoming? What makes them better than citizens of larger states? Why should their small collection of votes count more than those in California?
Many cities alone could/would cancel out the whole state of Wyoming.
Because one citizen, one vote is the basis of democracy. It's used in all other elections.

Why don't states break up and give rural citizens a bigger voice than city folks? Would that ever fly?
They are minority states when it comes to population.
So what? Each citizen votes for the president they want, just like states do for governors. Why should small states have a bigger impact in deciding the election for president? Should the rural folks have a bigger voice when electing their governor? Those small town folks of 1000 people don't get the voice that small states do nationally. It should be the same concept if it is so essential to elections. But no way would the majority of citizens support that.
Don't youns always go on about how minorities should have a voice and be heard?
That applies to the law and individual rights, like gays not being discriminated against, not in elections. No one advocates for going with the candidates that lose the majority of voters in elections, except in 2000 and 2016. Oddly, both of these choices ended up in terrible results. Bush intelligence failures, and Trump's pandemic failures. The majority might actually be onto something, if only they were listened to.

Kathryn

Sometimes when I hit the reply button the cursor is in the same field as the quote. If you hit the return button that will take you out of that field and you won't have the problem. Or at least that has worked for me.
Right. However, I am not sure how to fix it once it happens and I don't want to spend any more time trying to fix it.

Kathryn

Sorry to hear it. Not sure how it relates.

And?

It doesn't say that in your article. And it appears as though you haven't read the article I linked you to.

Look, you were trying to claim that the deaths associated with January 6th weren't actually associated with January 6th, then you gave us an article that showed the opposite of what you said. That's where we are.
You see what you want to see and I see what I want to see, I guess.

We Never Know

No Slack
You mean one citizen, one vote isn't enough for the people of Wyoming? What makes them better than citizens of larger states? Why should their small collection of votes count more than those in California?

Because one citizen, one vote is the basis of democracy. It's used in all other elections.

Why don't states break up and give rural citizens a bigger voice than city folks? Would that ever fly?

So what? Each citizen votes for the president they want, just like states do for governors. Why should small states have a bigger impact in deciding the election for president? Should the rural folks have a bigger voice when electing their governor? Those small town folks of 1000 people don't get the voice that small states do nationally. It should be the same concept if it is so essential to elections. But no way would the majority of citizens support that.

That applies to the law and individual rights, like gays not being discriminated against, not in elections. No one advocates for going with the candidates that lose the majority of voters in elections, except in 2000 and 2016. Oddly, both of these choices ended up in terrible results. Bush intelligence failures, and Trump's pandemic failures. The majority might actually be onto something, if only they were listened to.

Without the EC, the 10+/- most populace states would/could control the presidency.
I don't see that as right either.

We Never Know

No Slack
Sure it would. It's just that the voters in those cities have a voice as well.

I know. I picked that number because it was the winning margin in Michigan when Trump took the state in 2016. Both sides put a lot of effort into listening to Michigan voters in that election.

How many times did either candidate visit Wyoming that time?

Yes. So in a fair and reasonable system, they would be entitled to 0.37% of the overall say in the decision.
I don't think a city where everybody flocks to should have more say than a whole state.