• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Seems like your analogy has wandered from the electoral college to states' rights issues.

What we're talking about here is state populations voting at the federal level: i.e. what happens to the whole neighbourhood, not just what happens in your own backyard.
When the EC system was established a central voting system would have been impractical.
The individual states were also extremely jealous of their individual rights and powers. They did not want any other state telling them what to do.
Today population movement between states happens all the time, people have far less loyalty to a particular state. They take their party loyalty and self interest with them.

Pogo

I don't think Bob's house of 12 should have more say about putting a pig lot in their backyard than his neighbor Bill's house of 3 just because he has more people in his house.

By that Bob gets his pig lot and Bill is SOL and stuck with the stench.
And if they are equal and Bill's house doesn't get to be a dictator, Bob gets his pigs anyway because freedom. :)

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No, that's wrong in my case, and I made that clear in my response to muhammad_isa. I see it as dodging the question by claiming she won't vote for him unless she lives in a state with a close election that Trump might lose. IOW, she feels her vote isn't needed to put Trump over the top in Ohio, so she can claim that she did not technically support Trump. However, her posts, like yours (if I understand you right), tend to favor Trump's election victory over Harris. You don't have to vote for Trump to be a Trump supporter, just advocate for his victory.

Kathryn is a Republican Party loyalist. I get that, but I see the Dick and Liz Cheney as Republican Party loyalists, too. The difference is that they see Donald Trump as an existential threat to democracy and the rule of law. So they will not abstain. They will vote for Harris and advocate for her victory over Trump, despite their opposition to her policies.
I'm sure that Dick and Liz Cheney are much better people than me. Well...maybe not but whatever you say. Meanwhile, like I've said, I need to sleep at night and thankfully, I am sleeping the sleep of the innocent.

I despise Trump but I do not despise the Republican Party. So I hope the REPUBLICAN PARTY wins.

Pogo

When the EC system was established a central voting system would have been impractical.
The individual states were also extremely jealous of their individual rights and powers. They did not want any other state telling them what to do.
Today population movement between states happens all the time, people have far less loyalty to a particular state. They take their party loyalty and self interest with them.
Yes and education and understanding of the EC would be useful here. It did have a purpose but that was not what it's current function is.

Ebionite

The same can be said of all religions.
No, some religions value knowledge.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy Elohim, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:6

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

Last edited:

Ebionite

More conspiracies. Conspiracies upon conspiracies upon conspiracies. Looks like the whole world hates Donald Trump. Even his own fans are shooting at him, now. Oh, wait, that's a conspiracy, too.
His own fans? Really?

If you really want to comprehend why conspiracy seems like a plausible explanation for current events then you should take a look at the nature of the security relationship between the citizen and the state.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Keep misrepresenting Trump, it's what good communists do.

"only" on day 1, and for 2 specific goals.
Do you think Trump saying he will be a dictator for any period of time is acceptable? It isn't.

And frankly I see his claim of being dictator for 1 day is because it will only take him one day to eliminate the powers of the rest of the government. After that, he might call himself king.