• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Hmmm... What were some of her lies? Was anything she said on the same level as "the immigrants are coming to eat your pets?"
and yes, I believe she knew she was lying but did so anyway.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The moderators didn't call out Trump or Harris for leaving out the whole truth. But they did call out Trump for blatantly lying. Which Harris was not doing. So they were in fact being treated reasonably and equally.
I don't believe they were treated reasonably and equally.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Are you kidding? Oh never mind. Your probably serious about that assessment.
He said out loud, on television, that people are stealing and eating dogs and cats in Ohio. Twice. When fact checked he doubled down and said he saw some guy on TV talking about it, as though that makes it real.

And you think people are out of their minds for saying he's a mental case who isn't doing well? Surely you jest.

PureX

Veteran Member
Oh yes she was, about Project 2025 and also about abortion bans (she said that Trump would sign one and he has said repeatedly that he will not and that he personally supports abortion in the case of rape, incest, or health of the mother) and unemployment, to name just a few of her lies, none of which were called out by any mods.
But he tells a different story about abortion depending on who he's talking to. And project 2025 came from his own advisors, so his claim of ignorance and disconnection with it is simply false. I think it's you that has the bias.

The problem with Trump and abortion is that he acts to support the most extreme proposals every time, and then pretends that he isn't pushing their agenda.

He also claims that giving control over a woman's body to the states is somehow more ethical and democratic than following the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the Declarationof Independence. When there are states in this union that would reinstate slavery if they were not denied the ability to do that by our founding documents. A woman's right to control her own body is not a right that should be usurped by any federal or state body. Like antislavery is.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Fair taxation? The top 10% pay 76% of the taxes. The top 1% pay more than 45%. I think that’s plenty fair.
Your math doesn't take into account the massive amount of money they have that is so massively more than the rest of the citizens. When i say fair taxation I mean rich people shouldn't pay a smaller percentage than the average middle class verson. Rememebr when Romney was running for president and it was revealed that his tax rate was vastly lower than the average citizen? Sure he paid more in total tax, but his wealth was so much more that it's an irrelevant point. When I say fsair taxation I mean the wealthy pay at LEAST the same percentage as the middle class. No fancy tax lawyers finding loopjoles, no tax shelters to hide money. No, if they benefit from the economy we all contribute to they should pull their weight for the massive financial gains they make.

Trump wants to keep his 2017 tax cuts, but Harris says no, let them expire and take the added revenue and help the middle class get ahead in the face of global inflation. The average citizens shouldn't stress out over higher food prices at the same time the rich are accumulating more wealth.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I can't believe that after 4 years...January the sixth has been brought up by those journalists of that Rainbow-Peacock media.
NBC: National Baseless Claims.
Which baseless claims did they make, exactly?

It was a day where cops who were paid 30 pieces of silver killed an innocent woman called Ashley Babbit.
????

Baseless claims like this, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Wandering Monk

Your math doesn't take into account the massive amount of money they have that is so massively more than the rest of the citizens. When i say fair taxation I mean rich people shouldn't pay a smaller percentage than the average middle class verson. Rememebr when Romney was running for president and it was revealed that his tax rate was vastly lower than the average citizen? Sure he paid more in total tax, but his wealth was so much more that it's an irrelevant point. When I say fsair taxation I mean the wealthy pay at LEAST the same percentage as the middle class. No fancy tax lawyers finding loopjoles, no tax shelters to hide money. No, if they benefit from the economy we all contribute to they should pull their weight for the massive financial gains they make.

Trump wants to keep his 2017 tax cuts, but Harris says no, let them expire and take the added revenue and help the middle class get ahead in the face of global inflation. The average citizens shouldn't stress out over higher food prices at the same time the rich are accumulating more wealth.
Trump recently said he wants to lower the corporate tax rate from 21% to 15%. This is AFTER he cut the rates from 35% to 21%,

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh yes she was, about Project 2025 and also about abortion bans (she said that Trump would sign one and he has said repeatedly that he will not and that he personally supports abortion in the case of rape, incest, or health of the mother) and unemployment, to name just a few of her lies, none of which were called out by any mods.
Trump changes his stance on abortion on an almost daily basis.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Trump had nothing to with Jan 6, so saying he did is a baseless claim.
lol.gif

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well, you seem to think it's normal to claim that Haitians are eating peoples' dogs and cats so, not sure how much stock we should put in your ability to not be fooled.
Must be along the same lines of fracking and guns the chameleon woman bragged about. Chronic lying by politicians ought to be an issue.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
He said out loud, on television, that people are stealing and eating dogs and cats in Ohio. Twice. When fact checked he doubled down and said he saw some guy on TV talking about it, as though that makes it real.

And you think people are out of their minds for saying he's a mental case who isn't doing well? Surely you jest.
I haven't read the whole thread, but I did actually watch the ... was that a debate? Whatever that was last night.

I'll be honest - I deliberately avoid exposing myself to dumpster fire as much as possible. So I went into yesterday uncertain I could stand watching the entire thing, and also uncertain that what I would see would really be as bad as some of the rumors suggested.

Dear. Lords.

I was expecting a pathological liar and con artist who spewed mostly crap and nonsense. What I got was someone who is literally insane. Like, literally bat $#@% insane. And I just about felt a small ounce of pity for the nut case, who clearly is in desperate need of extensive therapy and is getting none of it. It goes well beyond being a "weirdo" to say some of the things he said.

He's a mental case.

And I cannot believe he is an actual candidate for president.