• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
He said out loud, on television, that people are stealing and eating dogs and cats in Ohio. Twice. When fact checked he doubled down and said he saw some guy on TV talking about it, as though that makes it real.

And you think people are out of their minds for saying he's a mental case who isn't doing well? Surely you jest.
Sure just like Harris 'loves' Israel.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Here's my take on the debate:

Harris seemed well put together, till you realize that even though it was pretty obvious that she was lying too, the mods only seemed to call out Trump on lying. The mods were definitely on her side.
No rational mind is on Trump's side. His level of lying is well beyond any typical politican. Trump crossed the line on many of his usual lies, and he had to be shown to be a deliberate liar.

Most politicans, and even us on RF, will misrepresent and exaggerate to make our points. Is it lying? Not really, it is a technique many of us use to persuade others, and is part of discourse. Trump deliberately lies about matters that are factual. It's in tolerable to allow him to get away with that sort of disinformation in a debate. He got away with it during the Biden debate, but that was a criticism that the ABC moderators didn't want to make.

We Never Know

No Slack
Harris wasn't blatantly lying, or refusing to answer the questions.
They both told fibs and avoided/danced around answering questions. If you believe that's wrong...

What was her answer for why they kept Trump's tariffs?
What was her answer on why they waited almost 3 1/2 years to do something about the border?

Pogo

Well from what I saw of the debate was Harris and ABC vs Trump.
What leads me to this conclusion are two glaring problems.
1. Moderators fact check Trump but not Harris
2. Moderators call out Trump for not answering the question but not Harris.

So given that, I give the edge to Harris-ABC.
He got fact checked on blatant lies if he wouldn't make them, they wouldn't need to call him out.

We Never Know

No Slack
Well, you seem to think it's normal to claim that Haitians are eating peoples' dogs and cats so, not sure how much stock we should put in your ability to not be fooled.
In a way I think he says crazy things like that to get the focus off of other things.
Example...
Just look in this thread. Compare how many are talking about eating cats/dogs compared to project 2025. The later has taken a backseat.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Trump recently said he wants to lower the corporate tax rate from 21% to 15%. This is AFTER he cut the rates from 35% to 21%,
And his claim at the time was that corporations would take that extra profit and reinvest it and create more jobs. Of course they didn't. Some did help pass the profits onto employees and into the business, but the vast majority just bought back stock. And many corporations of consumer products raised prices during and after the pandemic to take advantage of the circumstances. This is why many corporations are reporting record profits. Meanwhile the middle class has growing anxiety about consumer prices.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I was expecting a pathological liar and con artist who spewed mostly crap and nonsense. What I got was someone who is literally insane. Like, literally bat $#@% insane. And I just about felt a small ounce of pity for the nut case, who clearly is in desperate need of extensive therapy and is getting none of it. It goes well beyond being a "weirdo" to say some of the things he said.

He's a mental case.
That was Trump in his every day mode. That is his normal.

The man is completely unfit for any office. He needs help. He needs to take accountability for his crimes.
And I cannot believe he is an actual candidate for president.
I would be disappointed with America if he had 20% support, but 46%? What is wrong with conservative voters?

Pogo

I haven't read the whole thread, but I did actually watch the ... was that a debate? Whatever that was last night.

I'll be honest - I deliberately avoid exposing myself to dumpster fire as much as possible. So I went into yesterday uncertain I could stand watching the entire thing, and also uncertain that what I would see would really be as bad as some of the rumors suggested.

Dear. Lords.

I was expecting a pathological liar and con artist who spewed mostly crap and nonsense. What I got was someone who is literally insane. Like, literally bat $#@% insane. And I just about felt a small ounce of pity for the nut case, who clearly is in desperate need of extensive therapy and is getting none of it. It goes well beyond being a "weirdo" to say some of the things he said.

He's a mental case.

And I cannot believe he is an actual candidate for president.
Not sure about insane, but he is of the opinion that the lies he tells are legitimate discourse in rallying people to his side and he does believe that he knows better than anyone how to run anything.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
By giving his friend Putin carte blanche to run over any country he wants too, not exactly a positive.

He was better than Bush and Obama (aka the drone king).

And if the choice is between Ukraine or WWIII (we are closer than ever), well, I hope we would all agree on which to choose.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They both told fibs and avoided/danced around answering questions. If you believe that's wrong...

What was her answer for why they kept Trump's tariffs?
Because the tariffs are on computer chips, and it's something that the USA actually makes. The point of tariffs is to level the cost of items produced domestically to give them a better chance to sell. Trump's tariff will be on all products, including those not made in the USA. So the consumer has no choice, just a higher cost.
What was her answer on why they waited almost 3 1/2 years to do something about the border?
Because the Biden administration has to follow the current laws. There was a new reform bill to change the laws that Biden would have signed, but Trump sabotaged it. Blame MAGA for not cooperating to help itigate the problem at the border. Until then the current laws are all the administration can use.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It's worse than that. Haitians are into all sorts of voodoo ****.

View attachment 96997
Vodou teaches the existence of a transcendent creator divinity, Bondye, under whom are spirits known as lwa. Typically deriving their names and attributes from traditional West and Central African deities, they are equated with Roman Catholic saints.

That makes it a religion, and I rather thought freedom of religion was guaranteed in the U.S. Was I wrong?

Pogo

In a way I think he says crazy things like that to get the focus off of other things.
Example...
Just look in this thread. Compare how many are talking about eating cats/dogs compared to project 2025. The later has taken a backseat.
Yes it is his strategy to keep the conversation about him in no publicity is bad publicity mode, unfortunately the media plays along for ratings.
Otherwise he is the equivalent of the homeless guy ranting on the street corner.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I checked into some of the polls gauging public reactions:

Forty-three percent of respondents in a YouGov poll conducted Wednesday morning said they thought Harris won her first — and possibly only — face off against Trump, compared to 28 percent who said they thought Trump won the debate. Another 30 percent said they were not sure who came out on top.

The poll echoed the findings of a CNN flash poll conducted by SSRS immediately after the debate, in which 63 percent of voters surveyed said Harris won, while 37 percent said Trump was the victor.

A lot of it is based on public perception as far as who won or lost the debate. So, it appears the numbers are in Harris' favor, at least according to these polls. However, there are still more than a few undecideds in key states.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You are wrong. Do you also remember 8%?
The highest under trump was 2.3%.

And wow, is it ever a good thing that a world-wide pandemic never happened, requiring pumping money into the economy to keep millions upon millions from losing their incomes, businesses and homes! So glad we dodged that bullet.

You would do well to try to think what really caused that inflation you hate so much. A big part of it was Trump's mis-handling of that pandemic (oh, that never happened, sorry! :blush:)

wellwisher

What I got from the debate is, we still do not know Harris's policies. All she did was either attack, or say we need to get beyond the attacking, division and the past, then she would attack again. She seemed to be bi-polar with two personalities. She says I will heal the country with hugs and kisses; sweet Kamala, and then her inner witch would come out, and she would start nagging. Two facial expressions.

The very first question, she was asked is whether are we better off today? She skated around and never answered. I thought the moderators would ask again, but they gave her a pass, as though skating was OK. The moderators only fact checked Trump. They never fact checked Harris on many of her nags, attacks, lies; witch pole of her bi-pole. Her nice side was likable and was never negative. The lies, and the lack of moderator fairness in fact checking her, was designed to goat Trump on, having to defend the lies. The one that hit the most, was she said people at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where Trump graduated, said they did not like him. That was just a dagger. That was the DNC strategy and seemed to get Trump defensive, against the slander. Without fact checking her, even on debunked stuff, was designed to spread the disinformation as fact to their base.

The moderators ask Harris about her change of positions, from liberal to more moderate, all of a sudden. She did not answer in a way that someone who had a sincere change of heart would answer. It was a lot of slogans. It was evasive with the moderators giving her a pass. This appears choreographed with the moderators knowing the lines, in each act of the play. But as a play, she did a go job with the script. But we still have no idea of her policies, other than nebulous hopes and dreams and the nagging dirt digging from 40 years ago.

One part I thought was good for Trump, was she; witch side, attacked Trump via hey-say from people in his past administration, who did not like Trump. Trump's comeback was all these people got fired for not doing a good job. Many went on to write books, which Trump said were only popular because these were attached to Trump. There are no Harris books even with 90% of her staff resigning. They saw the witch side too much. Them writing books would not be tolerated or published; rigged system. He also said, in spite of the Biden-Harris disaster, they still have not fired anyone, which means Harris, will still have the same loser advisers, so don't expect any change.

Trump did a good job, in his beginning and in his closing statements, reading off the negative facts of the last 3.5 years and why he is leading in polls on the main issues. It also said, she is making promise and is in office now, so why not make the changes you promise, now? Obviously, this all smoke and promises, since she will not act, upon, while she can or even in the future.