• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Harris has absolutely dominated Trump in this debate. There is no question at all in my mind. She has been on point, honest -- and she has shown the kind of spine that many Americans weren't sure she had.

Huge win, frankly.
She handled herself well and I loved when she stabbed him hard with the comments about small crowds and people leaving.
Granted Harris didn't actually answer many questions, but she didn't say anything outright bizarre like that thing about writting books.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Wasn't about to stay up half the night to watch it in the UK, but from the reporting here this morning, it looks like Harris managed to get to Trump so, even when he might have scored points, he instead ranted lies about immigrants eating cats and dogs, and babies being executed. Then, afterwards, he was so panicked he appeared in the press room to try to salvage something from it. All rounded off nicely by Harris being endorsed by the "childless cat lady" (her words) Taylor Swift. :D

esmith

Veteran Member
Well from what I saw of the debate was Harris and ABC vs Trump.
What leads me to this conclusion are two glaring problems.
1. Moderators fact check Trump but not Harris
2. Moderators call out Trump for not answering the question but not Harris.

So given that, I give the edge to Harris-ABC.

PureX

Veteran Member
Covid has financially hurt many people since 2020. House prices are up. Starting a business cost are up. Child care is up. Etc etc
Her plan...if she wins...
-Give start up business $50k tax deductions
-$6k for the first year of your child's life
-House down payment of $25k first time buyers

Not a bad thing but why hasn't it been done already? Their administration could have already done those things. That promise of a cash give away should buy her several votes.
Several things, here.

One, a tax deduction is not a cash give away. Politicians love to present tax write-offs as though they were giving people money. They aren't. They're just letting you keep some of what you've already earned. If you already earned any.

Two, you seem to forget that the republicans in the house and the senate have been blocking anything the democrats propose, especially proposals that would actually help the American people, because they don't want the democrats taking credit for having done something good. Trump was even bragging about stopping Biden's attempts at enacting student loan forgiveness. Something that could have greatly helped young families and first time home buyers.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Here's my take on the debate:

Harris seemed well put together, till you realize that even though it was pretty obvious that she was lying too, the mods only seemed to call out Trump on lying. The mods were definitely on her side.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Here's my take on the debate:

Harris seemed well put together, till you realize that even though it was pretty obvious that she was lying too, the mods only seemed to call out Trump on lying. The mods were definitely on her side.

Hmmm... What were some of her lies? Was anything she said on the same level as "the immigrants are coming to eat your pets?"

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Harris wasn't blatantly lying, or refusing to answer the questions.
Oh yes she was, about Project 2025 and also about abortion bans (she said that Trump would sign one and he has said repeatedly that he will not and that he personally supports abortion in the case of rape, incest, or health of the mother) and unemployment, to name just a few of her lies, none of which were called out by any mods.