• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is safe following shooting at Florida golf course; suspect detained

We Never Know

No Slack
Yet presidential campaigns routinely begin two years before the election. Trump was one of the republicans who ran for the 2012 nomination. He didn't win, Romney won that year. Trump came back in the next cycle and did win the 2016 nomination.
Maybe it is counting his unofficial run of 2012.

Presidential runs for Trump

"Trump has officially run as a candidate for president four times, in 2000, 2016, 2020, and 2024; he also unofficially campaigned in 2012 and mulled a run in 2004"

Trump publicly speculated about running for president in the 2012 election, and made his first speaking appearance at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in February 2011. The speech is credited for helping kick-start his political career within the Republican Party.[34] On May 16, 2011, Trump announced he would not run for president in the 2012 election, putting an end to what he described as "unofficially campaigning".[3] In February 2012, Trump endorsed Mitt Romney for president.[35]

Last edited:

Clizby Wampuscat

You are completely blinded -- by what, I don't know. This I do know: you cannot have watched and listened to very much of what he has said -- out of his own mouth -- over the past 6 months. Or, if you did, you plugged your ears through much of it, or you have Auditory Processing Disorder. (Quick test -- what does having to choose between being eaten by sharks or electrocuted by a boat battery have to do with electing an American President? I'm still waiting for anybody to answer that one. Bet I'll be dead before I get an answer.)
I can say the same about you. But where does that get us. Trump can talk issues and Harris cannot. She has to be scripted. I doubt you have listed to his speeches and interviews.
For the record, his own pick for VP, JD Vance himself, called Trump "America's Hitler," a "villain and a douche," and "unfit to be President." "A total fraud," "stomach churning, noxious," "reprehensible," "an idiot," "a moral disaster."

Do you know what people will do when they think they have a chance at power over others? Look at JD -- they'll reverse themselves on everything they once pretended they were about. And why? Because nothing's better than POWER.
He has said why he changed hi smind. You just smeared him here because you cannot believe a republican can have any good in them. Kamala changed her opinion of Biden, She said she believed the women that accused Biden of inappropriate touching etc. Then she accepted the VP position.
Grow up, Clizby. The truth is usually the stuff that's right in front of you. You just have to look at it with both your eyes and your MIND open.
I am the grown up. Trump is the best candidate for this country and all I hear from the dems are lies about what he said. Harris used the Charlottesville lie in the debate for example. The left leaning Snopes even says that is a false claim. Most dems believe whatever the media and dems say and repeat it as truth. I know all politicians lie not just republicans. Trump can be a ******* but he will protect our freedoms, secure the border, improve the economy and reduce tensions around the world. He did that in his first term. Harris has accomplished nothing and cannot accomplish anything. She doesn't know how. All she knows is to lie, grow government, race and gender bait, decrease liberty and will escalate wars. That is all she knows because that is her ideology. I don't believe her when she has changed her position on so many things to a more moderate position to try to get elected. She is a radical leftist, that is who she is and I will not vote for her. You cannot see through your hatred to ponder any of this in my opinion, hatred the left fosters and wants.

anotherneil

Well it is a well known fact that gun control does not work in developed countries. Just ask Australia. What? Oh never mind. Bad example. Okay England. Look at all of the mass murderers using pocket knifes. What!?! No? Not there either.
That's because the bad guys, who don't care about gun control laws are using guns for that:

Australia does in fact have problems with crime and gun violence:

But you're right:

experts-agree-gun-control-works.jpg

And if Red China invades Australia, we can add one more to that club:

514vJm9mugS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
First, cats taste awful.

Second, calling them "pets" is a stretch. They're more like animated household nic-nacs.

Lastly, why would democrats what to assasinate Trump? He has single-handedly destroyed the Republican Party to the point that even life-long republicans can no longer stomach being associated with it. Even Dastardly Dick Cheney had to reject the party he was trying to give a "hundred year reign" to.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That's because the bad guys, who don't care about gun control laws are using guns for that:

You realise the scales of the issues are WILDLY different, right?

Seriously, your link lists NINE mass shootings in the past four years (of which, seven had no fatalities).

Compare that, to this:

The USA has had FIFTEEN mass shootings IN THE LAST NINE MONTHS. That is FIFTEEN TIMES MORE than happened in the UK in the same period, and all but ONE resulted in fatalities. And this is hardly an aberration:

UK: 1 mass shooting, 0 with fatalities
USA: 28 mass shootings, 27 with fatalities

UK: 2 mass shootings, 1 with fatalities
USA: 23 mass shootings, 21 with fatalities

UK: 3 mass shootings, 1 with fatalities
USA: 13 mass shootings, 13 with fatalities

UK: 3 mass shootings, 1 with fatalities
USA: 7 mass shootings, 3 with fatalities

2019:
UK: 1 mass shooting, 0 with fatalities
USA: 18 mass shootings, 11 with fatalities

Your argument utterly fails when you look at the rates, because it's pretty obvious that those "bad guys" who want to do mass shootings sure don't seem to manage to do them as much when access to guns is restricted. You've accidentally proven the point quite well that gun availability contributes massively to the likelihood of mass shootings.

EDIT: In fact, on double-checking my sources, it's actually SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE than the above, because the Wiki pages I referenced for USA mass shooting stats only refer to "NOTABLE" mass shootings, while the UK source lists literally ALL mass shootings.

The actual number for the mass shootings in the USA is THIS:

432, with 527 dead

600, with 739 dead

695, with 762 dead

690, with 431 dead

615, with 521 dead

434, with 387 dead

To even attempt to draw a direct comparison between the UK and the USA in this regard isn't just dishonest, it's outright delusional.

But you're right:

Literally a logical fallacy. Do better.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
First, cats taste awful.

Second, calling them "pets" is a stretch. They're more like animated household nic-nacs.

Lastly, why would democrats what to assasinate Trump? He has single-handedly destroyed the Republican Party to the point that even life-long republicans can no longer stomach being associated with it. Even Dastardly Dick Cheney had to reject the party he was trying to give a "hundred year reign" to.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can say the same about you. But where does that get us. Trump can talk issues and Harris cannot. She has to be scripted. I doubt you have listed to his speeches and interviews.

He has said why he changed hi smind. You just smeared him here because you cannot believe a republican can have any good in them. Kamala changed her opinion of Biden, She said she believed the women that accused Biden of inappropriate touching etc. Then she accepted the VP position.

I am the grown up. Trump is the best candidate for this country and all I hear from the dems are lies about what he said. Harris used the Charlottesville lie in the debate for example. The left leaning Snopes even says that is a false claim. Most dems believe whatever the media and dems say and repeat it as truth. I know all politicians lie not just republicans. Trump can be a ******* but he will protect our freedoms, secure the border, improve the economy and reduce tensions around the world. He did that in his first term. Harris has accomplished nothing and cannot accomplish anything. She doesn't know how. All she knows is to lie, grow government, race and gender bait, decrease liberty and will escalate wars. That is all she knows because that is her ideology. I don't believe her when she has changed her position on so many things to a more moderate position to try to get elected. She is a radical leftist, that is who she is and I will not vote for her. You cannot see through your hatred to ponder any of this in my opinion, hatred the left fosters and wants.
He's from Canada. Self explanatory and obvious that he dosent know squat about Trump and Harris.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Typically the less talented of the mix fares relatively badly, which can lead to unjustified blame (eg the inherited sin of the slave owners).

Depends on how you would define "less talented." In a society where Instagram models can earn more than rocket scientists or brain surgeons, one might wonder how a person's value and contributions to society might be measured. The blame of which you speak (whether unjustified or otherwise) has come about due to a historical track record of bad treatment, not only from slavery, but from the policies which persisted even after slavery ended.

But I would say that no one should be blamed for anything that they didn't personally do. I oppose race-based generational blaming as much as I oppose race-based discrimination of any kind.

An open security review discloses vulnerabilities to potential adversaries.

I wasn't suggesting an open security review. US national security perceptions and our national worldview can certainly be discussed openly without compromising any confidential or classified information. Even questions about what our national interests should actually be.

Oftentimes, it can be addressed after the fact, in a more historical context. For example, one might ask whether containment was the correct approach for America's national interests during the Cold War. Should our leaders have taken approaches suggested by Generals Patton and MacArthur to deal with our adversaries with one swift blow? Was the U.S. strategy in Vietnam a successful one, and if not, have we learned anything from our mistakes?

These are all valid questions to bring up in public discussion, even if it might point out vulnerabilities to potential adversaries.

On that subject, it's actually pretty easy for any potential adversary to see what our vulnerabilities are. We're a country which airs its dirty laundry out for all the world to see, and we've become a laughingstock and a butt of jokes. We even see quite a bit of it here on RF, but even all over the internet, we can see what world opinion of America can really be like.

There are liabilities that arise from providing assistance to a criminal enterprise (eg an accessory after the fact). The consequences of these liabilities can be more severe than financial loss.

I suppose so. However, what does seem apparent is that, even after all this time, all these wars and other military and intel operations around the world, all supposedly for our "national interests," the country still seems to be struggling financially, economically, and geopolitically. If they're working for our national interests, then they're not getting the job done. Their work is producing unsatisfactory results.

Self righteousness doesn't provide any protection against the consequences of culpability.

No, but a huge military arsenal with a lot of firepower does provide that protection - for as long as it lasts. Other nations are building up their arsenals, too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Australia does in fact have problems with crime and gun violence:

But you're right:

Oh my, no sense of humor and an inability to reason. Those people in Australia were arrested for merely having a weapon.

And yes, in a dictatorship the government needs gun control. Trump has not won so the US is not a dictatorship yet. You probably do not even understand why your supposed counter example does not work.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
First, cats taste awful.

How do you know that cats taste awful???

I have two cats who sleep with me nearly every night and who are indoor cats only. I also live in between Columbus, OH and Dayton, OH by the way. I love it here, and we're not overrun by anyone.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
He's from Canada. Self explanatory and obvious that he dosent know squat about Trump and Harris.
I think if we were to put us to the test, you might find I know a great deal more about America, it's government, laws and politicians tban you konw about Canada's. Americans aren't taught that anywhere else on earth is even worth thinking about.

PureX

Veteran Member
How do you know that cats taste awful???
You can just look at them and tell they'd taste ... acrid. ;)
I have two cats who sleep with me nearly every night and who are indoor cats only. I also live in between Columbus, OH and Dayton, OH by the way. I love it here, and we're not overrun by anyone.
Columbus is nice (a bit too much OSU everywhere for my taste), but Dayton is an arm pit, as I recall.