• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is safe following shooting at Florida golf course; suspect detained

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You don't just walk away from making false claims against people with "Okay, then". Like said before, read the thread.
I've demonstrated my claims, repeatedly. The onus is on you to demonstrate the truth of your claim. Now, "Haitians are known to eat cats" is the claim. Present facts. Inform me.

Pogo

Trump makes himself look bad enough without help.
IMO politicians want the public to fact check rumors before spreading them, they should do the same.
No, that is what we have an Intelligence Community in government for. That is also not the job of Congress and yes, anyone who presents information in public should do due diligence and not just repeat rumor. Not doing so should disqualify them from consideration for office.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, that is what we have an Intelligence Community in government for. That is also not the job of Congress and yes, anyone who presents information in public should do due diligence and not just repeat rumor. Not doing so should disqualify them from consideration for office.
So you just basically agreed with what I said.
Politicians shouldn't spread rumors that aren't facts lol

Pogo

How is that different to: "Politicians shouldn't spread stories that are not politically correct" ?
There is a rather large difference between saying something unpopular but factual and outright lying.
Though you wouldn't understand this considering the evidence of the websites you reference.

Ebionite

Not politically correct doesn't mean not fact.
OK, so how does that work when the MSM reports the news as if it were fact?
What I mean is, how does a report about someone's cat being eaten by Haitians in Ohio become "debunked"?

The report isn't politically correct because it show's Trump's policy in a positive light and Harris' policy in a negative light.
Do the original facts stop being facts because someone says that the story was debunked?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump's violent vengeful hostile rhetoric,
support for Putin, & attacks on Harris
are very likely related to increased risk
of assault on both presidential candidates.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
OK, so how does that work when the MSM reports the news as if it were fact?
What I mean is, how does a report about someone's cat being eaten by Haitians in Ohio become "debunked"?
It's called "investigation". If you find out that there's no actual evidence of a thing happening, and the only source of a claim that a thing happened was someone on Facebook saying someone told them that someone else told them that somebody else told them it happened, it's pretty obvious that an absolutely black and white claim of "this thing happened" is obviously baseless. So when a candidate for the most powerful office in the world just outright says IT'S TRUE, we can say it's not.

Do the original facts stop being facts because someone says that the story was debunked?
Does a fact stop being a fact when we find out that there is no good reason to believe it and every sign suggests it's made up?

Yes. That's a good reason to contest it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Actually, there is not.
Everyone has the responsibility to protect
oneself, even those protected by others.
While not legally required of one, self defense
includes eschewing unsafe behavior, eg, driving
around Detroit with a bumper sticker saying
I BRAKE FOR DARKIES

Trump is shirking this responsibility by
making inflammatory remarks likely to
inspire many to want him harmed/killed.