• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is safe following shooting at Florida golf course; suspect detained

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I didn't misrepresent anything.
Yes you did. You presented a random quote and said the source was a newspaper. It wasn't. It was a facebook post that the paper reported on.

Why can't you quote anything that I actually posted that was false?
I have. You claimed Haitians are known to eat cats (they don't and aren't) and that the source for the statement was reliable (it wasn't) and came from a newspaper (it didn't).

I don't have TDS.
You have RDS. Reality Derangement Syndrome.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This brings up the question whether the DNC can function
Yes. They organized the Democrat convention that was filled with good vibes and hope for the future. They managed to build a campaign for Harris in just a few weeks after Biden dropped out. I'd say they are doing exceptionally well, just as Biden has managed to fix the fallout from Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic.
Based on the side effects, this DNC tactic appears to be the person yelling fire in the crowded theater. Does the DNC need the blind irrational hate mongering, to make their disinformation easier to swallow?
Oh, you mean criticism of what Trump and MAGAs are promoting as their ideas and belief? No. In politics it is fair to criticize the opponent's views. Trump and MAGA have terrible ideas, many racist and threaten woemn and their liberties. It threatens to deport many migrants who are in the USA legally, like the Haitians who helped revive Springfield, OH. Trump, Vance, and right wing media are speading lies about the Haitians in Ohio and the city has suffered bomb threats and have had to close schools and city services. That is what Trump delivers to America, threats, fear, violence, and hate. And you support all this with your disinformation.
Does panicking their base with hate and fear make other disinformation easier to accept?
Look at you accepting Trump's lies so easily.
I know if MAGA started to use the hate rally cry,
Started? It's been part of Trump's method since he got into politics.
The FBI be out taking them down.
We see this in how the FBI investigated Trump for taking classified documents and retained them illegally. They also investigated Manifort, Eastman, Gulliani, Clark, Bannon, and other Trump insiders who have committed crimes against the USA. MAGA at the top level is a national criminal organization, and a threat to America.
But if hundred of media Democrats do it, it is ignored?
There aren't any such people. More of you being duped by right wing disinformation.
Why is the FBI left on leash for Trump? MAGA does not need to do that since they are speaking policy and can keep this rational. One more assassination attempt, and all fake news should be charge with yelling fire in the crowded theater. This is not the first time so we can call it strike three.
Oh the irony.
Will the lack of hate mongering put sand in the gears of DNC disinformation?
It will help when Trump loses and is out of politics, and faces his remaining legal problems. MAGA will begin to dissolve. I doubt republicans are going to become a party that operates with a factual basis given the right wing media that profits with fake news.
Or can the DNC run a clean campaign without cheating with hate speech, that is awakening their worse zombies? Or is open game season the solution?
So double standards, and irony.
Trump makes fun but humor does not trigger assassins.
He's not funny in any sense of the word. The man has no wit, and is disturbed, and unfit for office.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
It wasn't a random quote. Are you denying that the Springfield News-Sun reported the quote?
No. I'm saying the source of the quote was a random Facebook post by someone who has since admitted it was something someone told them was an anecdote from the daughter of a friend.

Tell me, do you think a reliable source for a claim is "someone said a friend said to them that a friend said to them that they daughter said this thing happened"?

Meanwhile, where's the evidence of your claim that Haitians eat cats? As well as RDS, do you suffer from HDS?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No, you obviously haven't. You're simply saying what you thought I said rather quoting what I actually said.
I've explained it twice now how you're clearly spreading falsehoods.

If you're not, please provide facts that support your claim that "Haitians are known to eat cats" and that the story a woman put on Facebook of a friend telling her that a friend of her friend's daughter saw a thing is reliable.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I'm not the one who has a problem with quoting actual facts in support of a claim.
How about quoting unverified Facebook posts?

Do you know the difference between facts and "here's something some random person on Facebook says a friend of theirs said a friend of their's daughter saw"?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Explaining something isn't the same as quoting what I said. You can't quote me because what I said doesn't support your explanation.
Here's what I said, again and the relevant posts (emphasis mine):

You claimed Haitians are known to eat cats (they don't and aren't) and that the source for the statement was reliable (it wasn't)

In response to:
Do you consider the report credible? Could you offer us the link?
You answered:
Sure. Haitians are known to eat cats.

and came from a newspaper (it didn't).
“One day she came home from work, as soon as she stepped out of her car, looked towards a neighbors house, where Haitians live, & saw her cat hanging from a branch, like you’d do a deer for butchering, & they were carving it up to eat.”

"I 've been told they are doing this to dogs, they have been doing it at snyder park with the ducks and geese, as I was told that last bit by Rangers & Police," the post said.

As reported by the Springfield News-Sun.

Stop obfuscating. You're pushing the false Haitian cat-eating rumour, and have failed to provide any actual facts despite repeated requests.

Why?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sure. Haitians are known to eat cats.

It was said to be debunked because it wasn't a first-hand report. Anything to make Trump look bad.

I had not heard of them eating cats before these recent allegations started cropping up. But I do recall similar allegations and rumors about Vietnamese when they started moving into California, about them catching and eating their neighbors' dogs. People would even joke about things like that, although many viewed it as just a typical racial/ethnic stereotype. There was a time when people said that black people liked watermelon. One could say "Black people are known to eat watermelon" and be factually correct, but not all black people like watermelon.

The issue, as I see it, is not whether or not there might be one or a few Haitians who might have eaten cats. It's quite possible that there are some cases which could be found if one looks hard enough. But that's really beside the point. The issue is, why would Trump bring it up to begin with? He's tarring an entire group of people over what may be a few isolated incidents. It's like he's trying to say "If you don't vote for me, then this country will be overrun by people who want to eat our cats."

It's the old political strategy based on the understanding that people don't vote out of love, they vote out of fear.

But it seems more people fear Trump than the possibility of a Haitian immigrant eating their cats.