• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is safe following shooting at Florida golf course; suspect detained

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
I would be cautious about trying to figure out the guy's politics, which strike me as not very important. Any deranged lunatic can come up with a motive for shooting public figures. Presidential candidates are the most likely targets at this point in time. The last would-be Trump assassin had stronger ties to right wing, rather than left wing, politics. This one may indeed be a self-described Harris supporter, even though she has never invited physical violence against her political rivals, unlike Donald Trump. From what I've read, he comes off as an extremely confused and unstable individual.

This is interesting:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From the NYT ...

“At this level that he is at right now, he’s not the sitting president — if he was, we would have had this entire golf course surrounded,” Sheriff Bradshaw said.​
“But because he’s not, the security is limited to the areas that the Secret Service deems possible,” he added, while praising the service’s fast response. “So I would imagine that the next time he comes at a golf course, there’ll probably be a little bit more people around the perimeter.”​
Michael Matranga, a former Secret Service agent who protected President Barack Obama, said the agency should “seriously consider giving former President Trump the same or equal package as the president of the United States” and called the incidents “unprecedented.” [source]​

Perhaps. If that's what it takes to protect Trump from fools then that's what it takes.

At the same time, I am perfectly willing to let Florida coordinate and finance his protection, especially since a braggart who boasts of being a multi-billionaire while spouting bigotry and promulgating hate is perfectly capable of spending a bit more money on a private protection detail. Taxpayer money saved could then be used to protect Haitians now in MAGA's crosshairs.

Ebionite

Have you heard the one about the Haitians stealing and eating pets?
You mean this one?

“One day she came home from work, as soon as she stepped out of her car, looked towards a neighbors house, where Haitians live, & saw her cat hanging from a branch, like you’d do a deer for butchering, & they were carving it up to eat.”

"I 've been told they are doing this to dogs, they have been doing it at snyder park with the ducks and geese, as I was told that last bit by Rangers & Police," the post said.

As reported by the Springfield News-Sun.

Wandering Monk

Donald-Trump-I-hate-Taylor-Swift.png
She will be a target for some MAGA freak without a doubt.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You mean this one?

“One day she came home from work, as soon as she stepped out of her car, looked towards a neighbors house, where Haitians live, & saw her cat hanging from a branch, like you’d do a deer for butchering, & they were carving it up to eat.”

"I 've been told they are doing this to dogs, they have been doing it at snyder park with the ducks and geese, as I was told that last bit by Rangers & Police," the post said.

Do you consider the report credible? Could you offer us the link?

We Never Know

No Slack
That's a sad way to look at freedom, rights, equality, justice, secularism, etc. but for those who prefer a totalitarian theocracy there are options in the Middle East.
Speaking of freedom, they used to teach the statue of liberty has broken shackles and chains at her feet to symbolize the end of slavery and breaking free from tyranny/servitude.

Anymore I don't think many youngsters even know this.

We Never Know

No Slack
Sure. Haitians are known to eat cats.

It was said to be debunked because it wasn't a first-hand report. Anything to make Trump look bad.
Trump makes himself look bad enough without help.
IMO politicians want the public to fact check rumors before spreading them, they should do the same.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Well, I'm blaming the shooters. As for their politics, the first one was apparently a kid with an extreme right wing background, although much was made of some contribution he much made to a charity. We don't know about the second guy. You are probably hoping for an Antifa background. That would look good in the campaign ads.
Or a gay cat-eater. Result!

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You mean this one?

It's total BS, and the direct source of the quote itself has since said it's pure hearsay.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
That's a misrepresentation of what the source said. Typical TDS.

Meanwhile, your misrepresentation of a random Facebook post as factual reporting, without mentioning that the person who was the source of the quote (and failing to provide a direct source) has claimed it is neither a direct anecdote nor a reliable one is totally not misrepresentational?

Why do you feel the need to spread lies?