• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Due process was not followed. You literally admitted earlier you have not read the dissents, which would be beneficial to you.

What’s your legal training?
Probably the same as yours. I cannot read the New York Times. The last article did not support you. And why do you think that a conviction is necessary? Do you have precedent that says so? I have precedent that says it is not needed.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here’s an article from a Harvard legal scholar who hates Trump but strongly believes the Supremes should unanimously reverse Colorado.

And here is one from the Harvard Gazette where they interview a retired Harvard professor. Which on knows his law better?

If you think that it is a slam dunk for you you are terribly mistaken. The Supreme Court very well might agree with your position, but in no way does that make it a slam dunk.

EDIT: And the Harvard professor that I cited appears to have more credibility than yours. He had the title of "University Professor" and I am pretty sure that yours did not. He probably is a professor at Harvard university, but in all of Harvard's history fewer than 75 people have been awarded that title:

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What Colorado said isn’t binding precedent. Those darn legal terms you don’t understand keep getting in the way.

Every judge in Colorado said Trump engaged in insurrection? Seems like you haven’t read the dissents. Which you admitted.

As to your second paragraph, of course I knew that. It’s also irrelevant to the instant discussion.
LMAO! I never said that it was. You ignored the legal precedents. Why do you just be honest enough to admit that.

And yes, even the judges that dissented said that Trump engaged in insurrection. Wow.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This shows your shallow understanding of the issue.

You also didn’t answer my question.
For some people just acknowledgment is conviction. No due process in a criminal court.

They just think Judge Judy style courts are enough for a felony offense.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
For some people just acknowledgment is conviction. No due process in a criminal court.

They just think Judge Judy style courts are enough for a felony offense.
What did the Colorado court that removed Trump from the ballot charge trump with?
I mean, that is the core of your "argument" right?
that trump was criminally charged in Colorado and thus it is double jeopardy, right?

So why is it you continuously run tail tucked when flat out asked about the charges?
Or what Colorado convicted him of?

Twilight Hue

What did the Colorado court that removed Trump from the ballot charge trump with?
I mean, that is the core of your "argument" right?
that trump was criminally charged in Colorado and thus it is double jeopardy, right?

So why is it you continuously run tail tucked when flat out asked about the charges?
Or what Colorado convicted him of?
Oh please spare the platitudes.

Insurrection is a felony charge. Civil courts come after a felony conviction.

Maybe one day, someday, you will discover what the difference is.

Can you tell me if any other court case with a felony charge where the Civil Court decided before the criminal court first?

All you need to do is provide one itsy bitsy example. Not very hard right?

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Can you tell me if any other court case with a felony charge where the Civil Court decided before the criminal court first?

Please present the Colorado Court documents that confirm your claim that Colorado criminally charged Trump with insurrection.

I'll wait.
Cause they do not exist.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

It can be. It does not have to be.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

I did notice you completely failed to answer this question in your above, well, whatever that is.

Twilight Hue

I did notice you completely failed to answer this question in your above, well, whatever that is.
No. You just habitually ignore the answers that people have given you already, and then you accuse them of failing to give you an answer.

I'd recommend rereading the entire thread.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No. You just habitually ignore the answers that people have given you already, and then you accuse them of failing to give you an answer.

I'd recommend rereading the entire thread.

Twilight Hue

Absolutely nothing. There's your answer. It's time to put Trump back on the ballot until he is charged.

Now you can continue on denying that I've given you an answer to your heart's content.

I'd still like to see an answer where a civil court proceeds a criminal court for the felony charge of insurrection to apply.

Twilight Hue

Once again no. The case still has to be made in front of a judge.. You are merely looking for excuses.

And you keep forgetting that removal is not a criminal charge. Different standards apply.
Oh good. Texas and Florida would love hearing that if and when they remove Biden from the ballot.

Twilight Hue

So then you finally understand it was not a criminal trial?
Thus meaning double jeopardy can not apply?
Good. Then it's time to put Trump back on the ballot until he is declared an insurrectionist.

That's the reason why they removed him right? They considered him a insurrectionist.

I love Judge Judy people, they're so funny with their reasoning.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Oh good. Texas and Florida would love hearing that if and when they remove Biden from the ballot.
Wonder what they are going to charge Biden with?
Remember, you are the one claiming that someone has to be convicted before being removed from a ballot.