• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Good. Then it's time to put Trump back on the ballot until he is declared an insurrectionist.

That's the reason why they removed him right? They considered him a insurrectionist.

I love Judge Judy people, they're so funny with their reasoning.
I notice you did not answer either question in the post this nonsense is in reply to.

No longer able to take you seriously in this thread.

Have a nice day.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wonder what they are going to charge Biden with?
Remember, you are the one claiming that someone has to be convicted before being removed from a ballot.
Oh wait a minute you said they didn't need a formal charge in order to remove a person from the ballot. Oh the hypocrisy of it all!

Put Trump back on the ballot until he's actually charged for something through a formal criminal court first. Then Insurrection will apply in a civil court.

Not very hard is it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh good. Texas and Florida would love hearing that if and when they remove Biden from the ballot.
How could they do that and follow the Constitution? You do not seem to understand that the Constitution tells us that we need to remove Trump.

If they can follow the Constitution and do that then more power to them. And they would need to not only follow the US Constitution, but their state constitutions as well.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh wait a minute you said they didn't need a formal charge in order to remove a person from the ballot. Oh the hypocrisy of it all!

Put Trump back on the ballot until he's actually charged for something through a formal criminal court first. Then Insurrection will apply in a civil court.

Not very hard is it?
And you used a strawman argument. Naughty, naughty.

Bthoth

I love seeing the thread title pop to the top of the 'What's New' listing.

I giggle every time that I see it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Very creative. What did he do that was not free speech or within the law?
I just told you.

Yes, the guy who concocted a scheme to never leave office even when he clearly lost, complete with false electors and voting machine breaches seems to me to be the guy who obviously doesn't have any respect for the democratic process. But that's just me, I guess.

There's nothing "creative" going on in my post. Just the facts, as we know them so far.
We have yet to have a real conviction on any of these. (To quote what so many people said about Hillary even when she destroyed evidence)
That would be because the trials haven't started yet. The evidence is all there. Many of the fake electors have been prosecuted and/or have co-operated with authorities.

(Hilary was never indicted for anything.)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Quick update, cuz tings be hapnin.

Michigan Supreme court has ruled not to remove Trump from the Ballot. At this point this applies to the Primary, if Trump wins the nomination the issue might be reexamined concerning the general election.

and

In Maine the Secretary of State has removed Trump from the Ballot.

Please take note that these different States are having different outcomes and following different processes because each State is following their own State law, like de suposta du.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Quick update, cuz tings be hapnin.

Michigan Supreme court has ruled not to remove Trump from the Ballot. At this point this applies to the Primary, if Trump wins the nomination the issue might be reexamined concerning the general election.

and

In Maine the Secretary of State has removed Trump from the Ballot.

Please take note that these different States are having different outcomes and following different processes because each State is following their own State law, like de suposta du.
I am so confused. That sounds like the "due process" that we were told did not exist.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Probably the same as yours. I cannot read the New York Times. The last article did not support you. And why do you think that a conviction is necessary? Do you have precedent that says so? I have precedent that says it is not needed.
And while it's not binding legal precedent, we have what happened after the Civil War: hundreds of former Confederates who petitioned Congress to restore their eligibility for federal office through the process given in the 14th Amendment.

The vast majority weren't convicted in any criminal court, but they understood that their participation in a rebellion excluded them from office.

...and none got a reply from Congress to the effect of "your petition is unnecessary because you remain eligible for office unless you are convicted criminally for what you did in the war."

Watchmen

Premium Member
LMAO! I never said that it was. You ignored the legal precedents. Why do you just be honest enough to admit that.

And yes, even the judges that dissented said that Trump engaged in insurrection. Wow.
You clearly dont understand the issues and legal terminology.

I’ll ask again: Did you read the dissents?

I’ll also ask: Why do you think your position is a slam dunk?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Oh please, Try again.
“Oh please. Try again.” That’s your response to being asked if you read the dissents? Clearly you have no interest in intelligently debating this topic. You’d rather troll. Why not just admit you’re not up to speed on the topic?

Watchmen

Premium Member
I’ve never said a conviction in criminal court is necessary. So no one should try attributing such a thing to me. I said no due process, etc. There’s a difference.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I’ve never said a conviction in criminal court is necessary. So no one should try attributing such a thing to me. I said no due process, etc. There’s a difference.
So which process do you think is due?

People think this situation is unprecedented, and it is true that there has never been a President or former President accused of insurrection like this. But what we are dealing with here are ballot challenges, and there have been plenty of those.

Each State has a process, that must be followed when there is a challenge to ballot eligibility. And that is what they are doing, that is the only thing they can do.

So what process do you think they should follow. (Don't tell me what you want them to do, tell me what you think the law says they should do)

Watchmen

Premium Member
So which process do you think is due?

People think this situation is unprecedented, and it is true that there has never been a President or former President accused of insurrection like this. But what we are dealing with here are ballot challenges, and there have been plenty of those.

Each State has a process, that must be followed when there is a challenge to ballot eligibility. And that is what they are doing, that is the only thing they can do.

So what process do you think they should follow. (Don't tell me what you want them to do, tell me what you think the law says they should do)
To start, I think Congress should establish elements for what an “insurrection” is under the 14th.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You clearly dont understand the issues and legal terminology.

I’ll ask again: Did you read the dissents?
No, why haven't you quoted applicable passages from them. Did you read the legal precedents that I linked on this topic.
I’ll also ask: Why do you think your position is a slam dunk?
The position that it is a slam dunk is that Trump participated in an insurrection. I watched his speech. I watched what happened as a result of his lies during his speech. Yes, one time he said "protest peacefully". But multiple times he urged his followers to fight and even "fight like hell". It appears that all of the judges agreed with that too.