• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Watchmen

Premium Member
I have doubts about that. You seem to be immune to certain aspects of the law. Or, and this happens to some very competent people, your own personal bias is getting in the way of you reasoning rationally.
Trump is scum. What personal bias do you speak of. Wrong again!

I couldn’t care less if you have doubts. I’d share more about my legal experience and work I do, but don’t need you tracking me down and trolling me in my personal life.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No. I don’t have it handy. You can Google as fast as I can.
See what I said about you not reasoning rationally? If you were you would have realized that the burden of proof is upon you and you would have provided that link.

When I mentioned the legal precedents that I linked you never admitted to not reading them. like both @fantome profane and I have admitted not reading the dissents. If you had been honest enough to do that I would have linked the legal precents for you to read.

Perhaps your problem is excessive arrogance due to your training. You seem to think that a Trump has to be convicted of a crime when the amendment does not state that and legal precedent does not support it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trump is scum. What personal bias do you speak of. Wrong again!

I couldn’t care less if you have doubts. I’d share more about my legal experience and work I do, but don’t need you tracking me down and trolling me in my personal life.
Then I cannot explain your inabilities to reason here. You have not properly supported your claims, and lawyer would know how to do that. You have not checked for legal precedent and a lawyer would certainly know how to do that. Something is causing you to not reason like a lawyer here.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nice try. You’re stuck because you never answered. lol. What a joke!
Since you have done the same I do not feel as if I am the one that has failed. If anything you need to hold yourself to a higher standard than you hold others to. Again you are not thinking like a lawyer.

Watchmen

Premium Member
See what I said about you not reasoning rationally? If you were you would have realized that the burden of proof is upon you and you would have provided that link.

When I mentioned the legal precedents that I linked you never admitted to not reading them. like both @fantome profane and I have admitted not reading the dissents. If you had been honest enough to do that I would have linked the legal precents for you to read.

Perhaps your problem is excessive arrogance due to your training. You seem to think that a Trump has to be convicted of a crime when the amendment does not state that and legal precedent does not support it.
He asked for a link. I said find it yourself. It’s readily available. Once again you prove you’re ridiculous.

I asked you for the post for these legal precedents. Very different than the readily available dissents. You going to share the post number or not

I do NOT believe Trump needs to be criminally convicted. I’ve said that multiple times now. Don’t confuse me with Twilight Hue. His reasoning and arguments are flawed.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Since you have done the same I do not feel as if I am the one that has failed. If anything you need to hold yourself to a higher standard than you hold others to. Again you are not thinking like a lawyer.
I’m not writing legal briefs here. I’ve already explained that nothing I say is going to influence anyone here. We can’t even get past the basic issue of having elements for “insurrection.”

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
LMAO, it is still there whether you do not realize it or not. Too bad that you did not ask politely what you got wrong.
All of you think Trump was essentially right there at the building basically when all of it happened. I wonder if you can see him anywhere on the grounds on camera?

For some reason that makes him an insurrectionist by not being physically there with your type of crazy logic.

None of you can't even give a straight answer what qualifies Trump is an insurrectionist when asked what makes an insurrectionist by definition.

It's absolutely hilarious.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He asked for a link. I said find it yourself. It’s readily available. Once again you prove you’re ridiculous.

I asked you for the post for these legal precedents. Very different than the readily available dissents. You going to share the post number or not

I do NOT believe Trump needs to be criminally convicted. I’ve said that multiple times now. Don’t confuse me with Twilight Hue. His reasoning and arguments are flawed.
Dude, your claim, your burden of proof. They making an unsupported claim in court and see how well it is received.

"Plaintiff can Google that for himself". I am sure the judge would love that.

I do not remember you asking me. If anything I do remember the exact opposite. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and link the post Civil War cases that show that people were removed from positions after it was determined that they participated in the Civil War by some means. One man was just a sheriff during the time and he was removed from office. They fought these removals and lost them in court:

It is also written by lawyers so it may answer some of the questions that you have been asking:

Granted they are on the team against Trump, but the lawsuits that they site are real. Their reasoning does not appear to be flawed.

EDIT: Here is the shorter version that I was trying to link:

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All of you think Trump was essentially right there at the building basically when all of it happened. I wonder if you can see him anywhere on the grounds on camera?

For some reason that makes him an insurrectionist by not being physically there with your type of crazy logic.

None of you can't even give a straight answer what qualifies Trump is an insurrectionist when asked what makes an insurrectionist by definition.

It's absolutely hilarious.
That was not needed. You seem to have ignored the speech that he gave. Without the speech where he lied to the people listening there would have been no insurrection. A person can lie in his private life and that is not illegal. But one cannot lie to goad someone into doing something illegal for you. That is what Trump has been charged with. The results of his lies was an insurrection.

EDIT: You should check out the link that has precedent and legal arguments for the removal of Trump for the ballot as well:

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Dude, your claim, your burden of proof. They making an unsupported claim in court and see how well it is received.

I do not remember you asking me. If anything I do remember the exact opposite. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and link the post Civil War cases that show that people were removed from positions after it was determined that they participated in the Civil War by some means. One man was just a sheriff during the time and he was removed from office. They fought these removals and lost them in court:

It is also written by lawyers so it may answer some of the questions that you have been asking:

ttps://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-reports/donald-trumps-disqualification-from-office-14th-amendment/

Granted they are on the team against Trump, but the lawsuits that they site are real. Their reasoning does not appear to be flawed.
There’s no link. Or the “link” you posted doesn’t work. I get an error message. Was that intentional?

Watchmen

Premium Member

ttps://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-reports/donald-trumps-disqualification-from-office-14th-amendment/

I figured out the link. The report is 90 pages. This might take awhile.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I figured out the link. The report is 90 pages. This might take awhile.
That is so weird. I thought that I might have screwed up. That is the right group. And the information is probably there. But that is not what I have been trying to link. The link that I want to give is a much shorter version of that by the same people:

Okay, finally. I am not usually that incompetent when it comes to links.

Watchmen

Premium Member
That is so weird. I thought that I might have screwed up. That is the right group. And the information is probably there. But that is not what I have been trying to link. The link that I want to give is a much shorter version of that by the same people:

Okay, finally. I am not usually that incompetent when it comes to links.
Thank you. I’ll take a look.