• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
To start, I think Congress should establish elements for what an “insurrection” is under the 14th.
I am sorry if I was not clear, that's my bad. I specifically do not want to know what you think should happen, I really don't care. I want to know what you think the law says should happen. I am not asking about your personal wishes or desires, I want your interpretation of the law. Do you understand my question?

Is there something in the Constitution or in any law that says that Congress needs to establish elements for what an "insurrection" is under the 14th?

Watchmen

Premium Member
No, why haven't you quoted applicable passages from them. Did you read the legal precedents that I linked on this topic.

The position that it is a slam dunk is that Trump participated in an insurrection. I watched his speech. I watched what happened as a result of his lies during his speech. Yes, one time he said "protest peacefully". But multiple times he urged his followers to fight and even "fight like hell". It appears that all of the judges agreed with that too.
I missed the “legal precedent” you think you posted. Can you provide the post #?

So you think insurrection was a slam dunk. What are the elements of an “insurrection?”

Watchmen

Premium Member
I am sorry if I was not clear. I specifically do not want to know what you think should happen, I really don't care. I want to know what you think the law says should happen. I am not asking about your personal wishes or desires, I want your interpretation of the law. Do you understand my question?

Is there something in the Constitution or in any law that says that Congress needs to establish elements for what an "insurrection" is under the 14th?
Have you read the dissents?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And while it's not binding legal precedent, we have what happened after the Civil War: hundreds of former Confederates who petitioned Congress to restore their eligibility for federal office through the process given in the 14th Amendment.

The vast majority weren't convicted in any criminal court, but they understood that their participation in a rebellion excluded them from office.

...and none got a reply from Congress to the effect of "your petition is unnecessary because you remain eligible for office unless you are convicted criminally for what you did in the war."
Yeah just call somebody Confederate and call it a day.

Then take them to Judge Judy Court.