• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies"

Laniakea

Not of this world
Free speech is about protecting speech from government restriction, so how is that even relevant? How does it make what he said not incredibly stupid, reckless, and irresponsible? Free speech doesn't mean that words don't have consequences. Criticism isn't censorship.
Ok, so you voiced your opinion. Doesn't mean others have to agree with it.

Laniakea

Not of this world
At this point, the dignified thing to do would be to admit that his statement was indefensible and bow out.
IOW, you're saying that anything I say isn't "dignified" unless I agree with you, and then quit responding any further.
Your debate method is rather lacking.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
IOW, you're saying that anything I say isn't "dignified" unless I agree with you, and then quit responding any further.
Your debate method is rather lacking.
No, I'm saying unless you can offer a substantiated and reasoned rebuttal, then there's no point in continuing silly games just because you can't stand having your Orange Messiah subjected to critique and scrutiny.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, I'm saying unless you can offer a substantiated and reasoned rebuttal, then there's no point in continuing silly games just because you can't stand having your Orange Messiah subjected to critique and scrutiny.
"Orange Messiah" doesn't sound like "critique and scrutiny". Sounds more like you just have sour feelings about him, which clouds your ability to critique or scrutinize very well.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Is encouraging a dangerous despot known for unprovoked invasions, war crimes, human right's violations etc. to attack The U.S.'s allies a good idea? It's a simple "yes" or "no".
"Dangerous despot".
Is that another "critique" and "scrutiny"? Or is it another attempt to sway me to answer your question in a pre-determined way?