• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think the US should intervene only by Invitation of which Ukraine essentially set out a distress signal when the Russian invasion commenced with the backing of course from the American people through their representatives.
As far as I know the constitutions of Germany and Italy forbid to use war and warfare as instrument of settlement of international controversies.
Only if they are attacked in their territory. Not if it deals with a third country.
They can use other tools like sanctions or diplomacy.

I'd say European countries most certainly has a role to play, being that the invasion is far closer to their Homeland than we are in the states.
The EU borders with Ukraine.

Personally I view it as being a European problem exclusively , but then again World War II was an exclusive European problem and America didn't intervene until much much later.

As far as I can tell both Europe and North America are proactively involved through logistical support and has remained since the Russian invasion have begun so the justifications revolve around making decisions as to whether Ukraine needs or requires continued support or talking to the Russians to help cease hostilities by discussing concessions.

I can't tell at this point what would actually be better or worse across the proverbial pond.

Honestly I believe there are Conservatives who are light years away from the interventionist mindset.
They analyze, study and then judge.
Like Candace Owens.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I'm going be to honest; aside from believing that migrants should be treated with pity and compassion, I've never had strong opinions on nor much interest in the border issue.

"Compassion" has often been the excuse word for marxist policies that have cost millions of lives. So has "public health", and "for the greater good".

Laniakea

Not of this world
The day I believe a WSJ editorial is the day all would know I was brain dead. It is Trump, not Biden, who has repeated praised Putin and won't blame him for much of anything.

And it is BIDEN who has been president during the times Putin (and others) have decided to do whatever they want.
But hey! As long as biden doesn't "praise" someone, who cares what Putin and others do?

Laniakea

Not of this world
I don't remember making the post you quoted.
Linking to it, there's a different post.

I made the post, but he quoted it as if it were from you. Not sure how that could happen unless he accidently copied a quote header from one of your posts to quote mine. It happens.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I made the post, but he quoted it as if it were from you. Not sure how that could happen unless he accidently copied a quote header from one of your posts to quote mine. It happens.
It can happen because of the complexity of the
latest RF software update, & goofing up the
+Quote & Reply functions. **** happens.
No harm done. Just an accident.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Personally I view it as being a European problem exclusively , but then again World War II was an exclusive European problem and America didn't intervene until much much later.
Do you think there may be economic concerns if the Iron Curtain does go back up? Putin invading Ukraine caused a price surge in some items as global supply lines where shocked. The way things are going in Poland and Hungary I feel Ukraine desperately needs to win this to deal a crippling and possibly fatal blow to the possibility of a new USSR at least for the near future.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And it is BIDEN who has been president during the times Putin (and others) have decided to do whatever they want.
But hey! As long as biden doesn't "praise" someone, who cares what Putin and others do?

You don't know what you're talking about. Which, Biden or Trump, is for helping the Ukraine and also other NATO countries? Which has condemned Putin's and Russia's actions, Biden or Trump?

But as Trump correctly stated back in 2016, he could shoot someone in the face on 5th Avenue and his supporters wouldn't hold it against him. The more outrageous things he says and does, the more his lemmings praise and follow him.