• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies"

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The U.S. has funded the vast majority of NATO, and has also put out the additional money to actually do the defending of everyone else. I would certainly hope the U.S. would have gotten some benefit from that since we're shouldering the bulk of the load while other countries don't even pay their fair share, or even indicate that they understand that they themselves (as neighboring countries to Ukraine) have the most to lose. Yet they sit back and let the U.S. do everything.
Perhaps they understand they aren't actually as threatened by Russia as we keep claiming they are.
I just gave you an example where the US benefited from it's relationship with NATO, which demonstrates that NATO doesn't actually just "sit back and let the U.S. do everything."

NATO is about collective defense. Not who can give the most money.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As long as you don't provide evidence while constantly claiming you already did.
Backing up your claims is your homework to do, not mine.
All I can do at this point is repeat, "Done already. You should pay better attention the first time you asked for the evidence. It's all over the thread. Scroll up instead of being one of those people that claims over and over that they haven't already received and dismissed the evidence they've asked for."

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Just this once. As to Trump calling soldiers that were wounded or killed "losers":

'When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.'

'Of note: Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin previously confirmed parts of The Atlantic's story, including his refusal to visit the Aisne-Marne Cemetery in France.'

'The big picture: Other instances in the statement from Kelly, whose Marine son, Robert Kelly, was killed in Afghanistan in 2010, that appeared to confirm the report were:

• Trump saying at a 2017 Memorial Day event in Arlington National Cemetery: "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"
  • Kelly said Trump did not want to include military amputees at a White House military event in 2018 because it would make spectator's uncomfortable, and added that Trump had said their presence "doesn't look good for me."
  • Kelly also noted that Trump in 2016 publicly belittled the parents of Humayun Khan, an Army captain and Gold Star recipient who was killed in Iraq in 2004, after they criticized him for his anti-Muslim rhetoric.
  • And he condemned Trump for accusing retiring Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Gen. Mark Milley last month of treason and suggesting that the punishment for such an act would have once been death.'
Here he is denying that McCain was a war hero. A man that was shot down and captured and could have left captivity but refused to as long as his men were captives, he was endlessly tortured as a result:

His own words condemn him.
How long until the dismissals and/or claims you've never posted it?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
What does Trump have to do with the Nordstream?
It's the general idea how you keep saying Europeans are like this and that. I know for sure the many Germans I've known don't agree with stuff you claim about them either. If anything, they've been the most scared and more put off by many if things you support (like fascism and nationalism) than anyone else I've known. Even a massive chunk of their modern cinema serves as a warning as to how dangerous it is and how easy it is for it to take root and take over.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's the general idea how you keep saying Europeans are like this and that. I know for sure the many Germans I've known don't agree with stuff you claim about them either. If anything, they've been the most scared and more put off by many if things you support (like fascism and nationalism) than anyone else I've known. Even a massive chunk of their modern cinema serves as a warning as to how dangerous it is and how easy it is for it to take root and take over.
I don't know what you mean by fascist.
Our PM is called fascist by foreigners, but that's not true.
So maybe you are using words that are outdated, in Europe... ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's easy to say "Germans think this" or "Europeans
think that" while providing no evidence for the claim.
She might think that living in Italy gives her authority
when speaking with Ameristanians. But I smell invention.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Are you representing as somebody who's opposed to authoritarianism? You're a Trumper. You support a wannabe dictator. And Biden is not Trumps problem until the election. It's people like Merrick Garland, Jack Smith, Letitia James, Fani Willis, and Alvin Bragg - assorted prosecutors in diverse federal and state level jurisdictions.

I want the Republicans disempowered. They are no longer the loyal opposition. They are enemies to America and its Constitution.

That sounds like something Putin would say.

Of course, that wouldn't be the end of America's political woes. It would still have the problem of about half of its voters electing people like Trump, Greene, Boebert, Comer, Jordan, and Gaetz. Those people will still exist and still vote for such people long after the Republican party might cease to exist. It doesn't bode well for America's future. The next time they hand the White House and both houses of Congress to the republicans or whatever replaced them if the party collapses, it is expected to be the end of democracy and free elections. Your life and the lives of everybody living in America will become worse.

Would you like to round up all us undesirables and put us into prison until after the election so you can protect whatever you believe "democracy" means? Maybe a Japanese-style internment camp for us so we don't interfere in your "democracy" by actually voting?

Have you been following the implosion of the House Republicans in their Biden impeachment effort? Their key witness, who is now criminally indicted, fed them Russian lies, which they greedily and hungrily swallowed, repeated, and began now embarrassing nothing-burger investigations. How incompetent is that? And how incompetent as citizens are the voters who elected them?

Everyone is allowed to vote, just as democrats say they want.

What I said is that I don't believe the election was stolen, but if it had been, that would have been a good thing.

And that's what makes your position very undemocratic. Even Putin-like. Are you sure you don't like Putin?

Last edited:

Laniakea

Not of this world
I just gave you an example where the US benefited from it's relationship with NATO, which demonstrates that NATO doesn't actually just "sit back and let the U.S. do everything."

NATO is about collective defense. Not who can give the most money.

Defense costs money.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's easy to say "Germans think this" or "Europeans
think that" while providing no evidence for the claim.
She might think that living in Italy gives her authority
when speaking with Ameristanians. But I smell invention.
Well...I used to say there was a Nationalistic drift in Europe some years ago, and none of you believed me.
Apparently...more and more elections reveal I am right. ;)
Facts are louder than words.