• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies"

F1fan

Veteran Member
I take it that you don't believe that those who don't pay their bills should be held accountable. Do you also believe a landlord does not have the right to evict a tenant for not paying their rent? Sounds pretty harsh if you do. But that is the way it works. Much easier and cheaper to simply pay the bill rather than get thrown out on the street or have your country invaded. It's up to the country to decide whether or not it is worth it.
There is no bill from NATO. Member countries are protected regardless of whether they have contributed to the fund. It is an honor system and wealthier nations are more able to afford it. Most nations in Europe have guaranteed healthcare unlike USA so do have budget constraints. And not all countries do well uniformly with their economies.

I don’t mind there being pressure on countries that can afford to contribute but there’s no reason to threaten them with a bogus consequence. That’s typical Trump, just all talk that’s full of crap.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There is no bill from NATO. Member countries are protected regardless of whether they have contributed to the fund. It is an honor system and wealthier nations are more able to afford it. Most nations in Europe have guaranteed healthcare unlike USA so do have budget constraints. And not all countries do well uniformly with their economies.

I don’t mind there being pressure on countries that can afford to contribute but there’s no reason to threaten them with a bogus consequence. That’s typical Trump, just all talk that’s full of crap.
Bravo.
For instance, if our Government decreased the healthcare expenditure to rise the defense one...I guess the people would rise up.
And also the army and law enforcement will rise up, because they are really underpaid, and they benefit from universal healthcare.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are arguing against a hypothetical. The hypothetical being the Europeans, of their own volition, abandoning NATO.
Trump's remark wasn't hypothetical.
Most NATO members spend under
2% of GNP on defense.
NATO isn't abandoned by those spending
less. They merely spend less.

Should I take from your answer that
you approve of Russia invading them?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So then was your rely a "yes" or "no" to the question "Are you arguing that inviting Putin to invade non-payers is a good idea?"

Would you encourage rapists to attack women who didn't buy pepper spray?
I notice that people supporting Trump will defend
him & what he says, but they won't clearly admit to
agreeing with that specific statement.
It appears they know it's wrong....but they can't
bring themselves to go against him.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The difference is that you weren't the victim. Ukraine is.
I would suggest American leftists to stop dreaming.
Ukraine has already lost those four regions.
1) Ukraine will enter the EU
2) It will be demilitarized
3) Undemocratic regulations will be demolished
4) Warmongers and corrupts from the US will be chased out of Kiev.
5) The EU money will be spent on the reconstruction, on the building of bridges, motorways, schools, hospitals.
6) It will be europeanized. It will be forced to write a new constitution, similar to the German and the Italian constitutions.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I would suggest American leftists to stop dreaming.
Ukraine has already lost those four regions.
1) Ukraine will enter the EU
2) It will be demilitarized
3) Undemocratic regulations will be demolished
4) Warmongers and corrupts from the US will be chased out of Kiev.
5) The EU money will be spent on the reconstruction, on the building of bridges, motorways, schools, hospitals.
6) It will be europeanized. It will be forced to write a new constitution, similar to the German and the Italian constitutions.
It's not just American "leftists" but the vast majority of Europe: Europeans continue to strongly support Ukraine, Eurobarometer shows
The only warmongers are Putin's supporters, given that he's the aggressor. Your victim blaming logic is the same used by rape apologists.
You side with those who've tortured, raped, trafficked, and murdered children.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's not just American "leftists" but the vast majority of Europe: Europeans continue to strongly support Ukraine, Eurobarometer shows
The only warmongers are Putin's supporters, given that he's the aggressor. Your victim blaming logic is the same used by rape apologists.
Yes, support, because they will join the European Union.
But support doesn't mean letting them die en masse in a useless war.
It means helping them reconstruct Ukraine, economically and politically.
There's a huge difference.

Americans should understand what the EU is. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your victim blaming logic is the same used by rape apologists.
Speaking of the topic, I would like to meet Trump and ask him what he thinks the NATO is.
Really...because he makes no sense, whenever he speaks of the NATO.

I'd vote for Kennedy, if I could.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes, support, because they will join the European Union.
But support doesn't mean letting them die en masse in a useless war.
It means helping them reconstruct Ukraine, economically and politically.
There's a huge difference.

Americans should understand what the EU is. :)
Did you even read the link? It seems my understanding is better than yours. You presume to speak for all of Europe, yet none of the other Europeans on RF ever agree with you. Why is that?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Speaking of the topic, I would like to meet Trump and ask him what he thinks the NATO is.
Really...because he makes no sense, whenever he speaks of the NATO.
You just discovered what others knew all along; Trump is not a rational or intelligent man.
I'd vote for Kennedy, if I could.
Kennedy is not a rational or intelligent man, either.

Bthoth

He is much better than the lounge-loving Left. 100,000 times better than Hillary.
So if hilliary hosted beauty pageants with young girls and spent more time in a golf carts then hired attorneys willing to be disbarred to defend her, she would be more qualified?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
He is much better than the lounge-loving Left. 100,000 times better than Hillary.
In the civilized world corruption, incompetence, rape, and treason are considered bad things. Do the phrases "train wreck" and "dumpster fire" have positive connotations in Italy?
He is an American patriot. Like his father and his uncle. Enough said.
He's a scientifically illiterate imbecile.