• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's mug shot

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If the swing state voters are really foolish and they elect Trump again (but surely will lose the popular vote for the third time) the USA will go into an era of crisis. Will it affect everyone? It’s hard to say. But there will be a criminal government at work and anyone who voices criticism will be dealt with in ways that is criminal.
I don't think it will necessarily resort to your last sentence, but I suspect still "bad acid trip government" might end up describing it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Every one of them was right in that Donald Trump lost the popular vote in the presidential race. They just forgot that the popular vote doesn't elect a president. The electoral vote does. Americans like to believe that they elect presidents democratically. They don't. And, in hindsight, they forget that they didn't.
A mandateeless win is what it is.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

Trump is selling his mug shot on shirts, koozies and bumper stickers​

"Not long after Donald Trump was booked on felony charges alleging that he participated in a conspiracy to overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia, his 2024 presidential campaign was selling merchandise featuring the first mug shot of a former American president.

The merchandise, which includes T-shirts, mugs, koozies and bumper stickers of the former president’s mug shot, was for sale about 90 minutes after he was released from an Atlanta jail on Thursday. The merchandise, which includes $34 shirts, is accompanied by the words “NEVER SURRENDER!”

Just another grift for him to make money off of. It works. There's a sucker born every minute

Last edited:

Clizby Wampuscat

There's been a bunch of polls, like the one that showed MAGAs are prone to believing racism against whites is a problem. It's also what Ive seen in Indiana. That place strongly went for Trump and that state is also pretty prejudiced.
So no data then on how many are racist. ok.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

Trump is selling his mug shot on shirts, koozies and bumper stickers​

"Not long after Donald Trump was booked on felony charges alleging that he participated in a conspiracy to overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia, his 2024 presidential campaign was selling merchandise featuring the first mug shot of a former American president.

The merchandise, which includes T-shirts, mugs, koozies and bumper stickers of the former president’s mug shot, was for sale about 90 minutes after he was released from an Atlanta jail on Thursday. The merchandise, which includes $34 shirts, is accompanied by the words “NEVER SURRENDER!”

I love it. He's not stupid. He's playing the media like a fiddle. Anyone would've been able to guess that his supporters would love him even more after this. You only had to take a look at Twitter last night to get a look at that. He has a look of defiance on his face. There's pics of Churchill with a similar look on his face. That may be on purpose, as that "never surrender" slogan recalls Churchill's famous "we will never surrender" speech. Just something I've noticed. He's still the single most popular politicial figure in the US.

PureX

Veteran Member
If the swing state voters are really foolish and they elect Trump again (but surely will lose the popular vote for the third time) the USA will go into an era of crisis. Will it affect everyone? It’s hard to say. But there will be a criminal government at work and anyone who voices criticism will be dealt with in ways that is criminal.
Trump would surely take a presidential win as carte blanche for his new dictatorship. And he'd do exactly what all dictators do: he'd fill the government with thugs and cronies and rig it so he couldn't be deposed.

But, for one, I really don't think the American people are stupid enough to elect him. And for another, even if they did, I really don't think they would put up with his self-appointed dictatorship for long. He and his cronies would end up hanging from lamp posts as all that ilk eventually do, since we would have no justice system left to adjudicate them. But at that point the whole system would be in such a mess that it could easily just collapse into chaos and lawlessness and trigger a global economic disaster. We aren't all so stupid that we can't see it coming, or so weak that we couldn't put a stop to it fairly quickly. So I'm not really that worried about it.

I think Trump is already done. But he still makes the media big money so they won't just let him fade into the trash bin of history. And he still knows how to play them like a fiddle so they just keep on jumping to the bait.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I love it. He's not stupid. He's playing the media like a fiddle. Anyone would've been able to guess that his supporters would love him even more after this. You only had to take a look at Twitter last night to get a look at that. He has a look of defiance on his face. There's pics of Churchill with a similar look on his face. That may be on purpose, as that "never surrender" slogan recalls Churchill's famous "we will never surrender" speech. Just something I've noticed. He's still the single most popular politicial figure in the US.
So he's only pretending to be a feckless inept oaf as a "4D chess" move?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
25themorning-mug-fjqg-articleLarge.jpg

This is trumps actual mug shot. He looks so angry

Has a president or former president ever had a mug shot before this?

Me looking at the server in a restaurant when it's been more than 10 minutes since I ordered.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree. Could he pardon himself? Do you let him out of jail for 4 years so he can be president as the people want?
Not from state crimes. A President cannot pardon someone for state offenses. And I am nowhere near being a constitutional lawyer so I have no idea whether he could pardon himself of federal crimes. If he had not been convicted yet of federal crimes he could probably put those cases on hold as the head of the Executive Branch.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why would anyone want a criminal president? That is the question. And let’s not forget that the majority of citizens have voted for Trumps opponents.
It is funny that you think that there is still some hope for ardent Trumpistas. I know. I know. I am overly optimistic myself far too often to complain. What one needs to remember is that Presidential elections are usually decided by the undecided voters, and it looks very bad for Trump from the standpoint of independents.

And worse yet, when it comes to believing that Trump did something illegal that belief has crossed the fifty percent majority line. If one adds in the percentage of people that think that he did something unethical but not illegal the number is 78%. Those remaining delusional 32% are probably almost all Republicans and Trump supporters. Trump is the leader in candidates, but has a plurality in that matter, not a majority.

The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll released Friday, found that 51 percent of Americans believe the former president has done “something illegal,” 27 percent said he’s done something “unethical,” but “not illegal” and 19 percent said he’s done “nothing wrong.”

Now if I was a die hard Democrat and saw all of these numbers I would be hoping that he would maintain his lead in Republican circles. He is making it so that it will be very difficult for any Republican can get elected even if he bows out. He has no chance when one considers the independent voter.