• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's mug shot

We Never Know

No Slack
Electorial results reflect the will of the people and the government meets it by honoring those results. Trump attempted to cling to power dispite getting voted out.
Its not the will of the people if all we have to choose from/forced to choose from are Trump and Biden.
Two bad choices only force the people to choose a bad choice.
The majority of the people want different candidates than Biden and Trump.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
I love it. He's not stupid. He's playing the media like a fiddle. Anyone would've been able to guess that his supporters would love him even more after this. You only had to take a look at Twitter last night to get a look at that. He has a look of defiance on his face. There's pics of Churchill with a similar look on his face. That may be on purpose, as that "never surrender" slogan recalls Churchill's famous "we will never surrender" speech. Just something I've noticed. He's still the single most popular politicial figure in the US.
He will make bank. He isn't as dumb as he acts IMO.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll released Friday, found that 51 percent of Americans believe the former president has done “something illegal,” 27 percent said he’s done something “unethical,” but “not illegal” and 19 percent said he’s done “nothing wrong.”
If the polls showed only 19% supported him for president then I would have some trust restored for conservatives.
Now if I was a die hard Democrat and saw all of these numbers I would be hoping that he would maintain his lead in Republican circles. He is making it so that it will be very difficult for any Republican can get elected even if he bows out. He has no chance when one considers the independent voter.
Given recent polls showing a near equal split between Trump and Biden I am nervous. I don't trust independents any more than conservatives. It is a crap shoot with so many citizens who aren't well informed, don't respect lkaw enforcement, and can't recognize that Trump is out for himself and unfit for an important job as public servant.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It was stupid of the DA and the left to take and release the mug shot. This shows the left still do not care to understand why Trump has a lot of support. They are lazy intellectuals. They just dismiss them as racist, stupid and bigoted. Free Trump shirts are coming with this pic on it if you want one.
All this actually shows is the true colors of the left as well as the right wings.

This has nothing to do with the country and all to do with vindication and the sheer madness over the acquisition of power and control as they all eat each other alive in that endeavor.

We Never Know

No Slack
It was stupid of the DA and the left to take and release the mug shot. This shows the left still do not care to understand why Trump has a lot of support. They are lazy intellectuals. They just dismiss them as racist, stupid and bigoted. Free Trump shirts are coming with this pic on it if you want one.
I've said it before and I will say it again...To the left its more about persecution than prosecution

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If the polls showed only 19% supported him for president then I would have some trust restored for conservatives.

Given recent polls showing a near equal split between Trump and Biden I am nervous. I don't trust independents any more than conservatives. It is a crap shoot with so many citizens who aren't well informed, don't respect lkaw enforcement, and can't recognize that Trump is out for himself and unfit for an important job as public servant.

I haven't seen the recent polls between Trump and Biden, although I've seen that he has a commanding lead among the Republican primary candidates.

The polls probably don't mean all that much at this point, although I would speculate that much of it will depend on whether any of these charges can lead to an actual conviction. If he's convicted, then my guess is that a good chunk of his support will evaporate. If he's exonerated, then his support may increase.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All this actually shows is the true colors of the left as well as the right wings.

This has nothing to do with the country and all to do with vindication and the sheer madness over the acquisition of power and control as they all eat each other alive in that endeavor.
It was pointed out that mug shots are regularly released. Are you saying that they should have changed their policy for Trump?

We Never Know

No Slack
In all fairness.. Trump would have released it himself to sell on shirts, cups, bumper stickers, etc as he already has done

"The merchandise, which includes T-shirts, mugs, koozies and bumper stickers of the former president’s mug shot, was for sale about 90 minutes after he was released from an Atlanta jail on Thursday. The merchandise, which includes $34 shirts, is accompanied by the words “NEVER SURRENDER!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/25/trump-mugshot-shirts-georgia/

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Not from state crimes. A President cannot pardon someone for state offenses. And I am nowhere near being a constitutional lawyer so I have no idea whether he could pardon himself of federal crimes. If he had not been convicted yet of federal crimes he could probably put those cases on hold as the head of the Executive Branch.

Logically, the President cannot pardon himself, because the Constitution mentions impeachment as grounds for removal from office, if convicted in the Senate. If the President could pardon himself, then he could not be held liable for crimes committed while in office. It is a basic principle of the law that people cannot serve as their own judges when accused of a crime. Trials of judges are conducted by other judges and subjected to the verdict of a jury of peers.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In all fairness.. Trump would have released it himself to sell on shirts, cups, bumper stickers, etc as he already has done

"The merchandise, which includes T-shirts, mugs, koozies and bumper stickers of the former president’s mug shot, was for sale about 90 minutes after he was released from an Atlanta jail on Thursday. The merchandise, which includes $34 shirts, is accompanied by the words “NEVER SURRENDER!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/25/trump-mugshot-shirts-georgia/
Yep. And this could potentially lead to a possible civil war.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Even though surrendering himself is exactly what happened.:facepalm:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of the rich and famous? Often.

My favorite is a younger Donald Trump:

Nick-Nolte-Mugshot-2002-Famous-Celebrity-Mugshots.jpg