• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's mug shot

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter how recognizable he is. He should get treated the same as anyone else.
I guess that Georgia has an honor system on height and weight. Trump gained an inch of height and lost 25 pounds of weight since his booking in New York

1693175895333.png

Rats! The numbers did not copy. Here they are:

OBESITY
White House doctor
244 lbs, 6ft 3
Manhattan booking
240lbs, 6ft 2
White House doctor
239lbs, 6ft 3
OVERWEIGHT
Trump
self-reported
236 lbs, 6ft 3
Georgia booking
215lbs, 6ft 3

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
:tearsofjoy: And there's no way he's 215. Or 6'3", for that matter...
It was a special crash diet that included a very very late life growth spurt. It takes a lot of energy to add an inch (or more) in height at his age. Though I would bet that he is closer to 6' 1 " in height. And 240 was being generous to trump. Perhaps a ten pound clothing allowance.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
It was a special crash diet that included a very very late life growth spurt. It takes a lot of energy to add an inch (or more) in height at his age. Though I would bet that he is closer to 6' 1 " in height. And 240 was being generous to trump. Perhaps a ten pound clothing allowance.

Supposedly he wears lifts in his shoes which may partially explain the odd way he tilts forward. And I'll bet he's 250 if he's an ounce.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
You'd think everyone would agree with that, right?

"You'd hope" might be more apt. Unfortunately people are able to justify cognitive dissonance very easily when it comes to their personal values vs. their personal biases. Biases seem to win over values in the end more often than not. Values are then bent into the shape that fits within the boundaries of those biases and everything makes sense within the mind as long as one doesn't think too much about it

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
"You'd hope" might be more apt. Unfortunately people are able to justify cognitive dissonance very easily when it comes to their personal values vs. their personal biases. Biases seem to win over values in the end more often than not. Values are then bent into the shape that fits within the boundaries of those biases and everything makes sense within the mind as long as one doesn't think too much about it

Well said.

We Never Know

No Slack
Is this something you have always been against? Have you complained about this before? Or is this a new position you have come to recently for some reason?
Innocent until proven guilty.

But a person is
-charged
-arrested
-finger printed
-mugshot taken
-have to put up a bond
-limitrd to places they can go
-limited to what they can say
-limited to who they can talk to

That sure screams innocent doesn't it lol

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

But a person is
-charged
-arrested
-finger printed
-mugshot taken
-have to put up a bond

Have you always held this opinion, or is it something new?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

But a person is
-charged
-arrested
-finger printed
-mugshot taken
-have to put up a bond

I don't know if "innocence" plays a part in this. I think most of those, such as limiting who people can talk to or where they can go, is meant to limit potential exploits. Imagine if it were allowed for someone accused of white collar crimes to talk to their buddies also accused of that same crimes so they could all keep their story straight or work together to move money or potential evidence, or for violent crime perpetrators to talk to the victims and intimidate them before a trial. Those things are limited for a very good reason

That said, there's some things I don't like about the system such as making bond, but that has more to do with making the state money and making an easy way out for rich people. I do agree that mug shots or finger prints don't need to be made public until after conviction, though

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't know if "innocence" plays a part in this. I think most of those, such as limiting who people can talk to or where they can go, is meant to limit potential exploits. Imagine if it were allowed for someone accused of white collar crimes to talk to their buddies also accused of that same crimes so they could all keep their story straight or work together to move money or potential evidence, or for violent crime perpetrators to talk to the victims and intimidate them before a trial. Those things are limited for a very good reason

That said, there's some things I don't like about the system such as making bond, but that has more to do with making the state money and making an easy way out for rich people. I do agree that mug shots or finger prints don't need to be made public until after conviction, though
I'm referring to the list as a whole.

But we can break it down some and even add to it.

A person is
-charged
-arrested
-finger printed
-mugshot taken
-have to put up a bond(if one can't afford bond they stay in jail(hits the poor hard)
Those are mostly routine

Sometimes with added stipulations.

-limited to places they can go

Other stipulations that are sometimes added
-
house arrest
-gps ankle monitor
-who they can be around

Doesn't that all scream innocent?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm referring to the list as a whole.

But we can break it down some and even add to it.

A person is
-charged
-arrested
-finger printed
-mugshot taken
-have to put up a bond(if one can't afford bond they stay in jail(hits the poor hard)
Those are mostly routine

Sometimes with added stipulations.

-limited to places they can go

Other stipulations that are sometimes added
-
house arrest
-gps ankle monitor
-who they can be around

Doesn't that all scream innocent?
I have some concern that we are in danger of going from one extreme to the other, at least in rhetoric if not in reality.

Obviously a suspect is going to be charged before they are convicted. If there is legitimate for the charge to be brought I have no objection to fingerprints or mugshots. The mugshot does not necessarily need to be released to the public. My position is that if there is legitimate reason to release it to the public there should be a separate court order to do that.

The bail system unproportionately punishes the poor. People without sufficient means are forced to spend time in prison just because they can't make bail. Not because the are dangerous, not because they are a flight risk, but just because they are poor.

Limiting places you can go. I don't think it is unreasonable to prevent defendants from leaving the country without approval from the court.

Limiting what they can say. Let's look at the Trump case for this one. All Trump was told is that he cannot interfere with or threaten a witness, he cannot threaten the co-defendants, he cannot threaten the Judge or her staff, the cannot threaten the lawyers or their staff.

This just means he must follow the law. This is not an additional limit to his speech, this has always been the law. It was the law before he was arrested, and it is still the law. It is the law for you, you cannot threaten a witness, you will go to jail if you do that.