• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

As for the CIA, their policies ostensibly reflect that of the political authorities who set foreign policy, who decide what America's interests are, and who determine who America's friends and enemies are.
Very well said. It's all about the interests of a plutocracy. They are these plutocrats' private policy.
They understand just one language: this: $$$$

But this is where it becomes problematic because Americans are oftentimes so ignorant about the geography, history, and politics of the outside world. They seemingly take a very naive and Pollyannaish approach to foreign policy, which is how they got so easily hoodwinked into thinking that the citizens of Saudi Arabia who perpetrated 9/11 were friends and allies of the United States. They got hoodwinked by South Vietnam as well. They got hoodwinked by Afghanistan, Iran, and Iraq, too. They've also been majorly hoodwinked by China, and it appears that the Russians are able to hack into any US computer system at will - and there's nothing that the US authorities can do to prevent it.
I call it blind trust. They blindly trust the CIA.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What Unsupported silliness ?
The portion I just pointed out to you.
.. Told you before about the Azov Nazi .. and anyone knows anything about the Ukraine conflict has heard of them .. do you not recognize the Logo ?

View attachment 81509

Is this a case of disingenuous Oblivion .. or memory lapse .. ? What part of Azov Nazi Explanation did you not previously understand ... What further substantiation would you like .. a word from Congress ? would that sufficith .. but .. oh Wait .. I forgot too now .. already Told you that Congress said so .. did you need the link a second time ?
I'm asking you to explain what you meant in the portion of the comment I pointed out.

What I want from you is to explain your comment that I pointed out. Explain what you meant. What do Nazis have to do with COVID?
Yes Friend .. Neo Nazi's .. in Ukraine.. for many years .. persecuting the Ethnic Russians .. Treat them like Sub-Human .. Just like their Hero's treated the Jews - Gays - and various other undesirables .. unfit .. unclean Called Ethnic Russians "Orcs" in the Purjorative .. taught in the songs at Band Camp to the young ones .. the dehumanization tropes .. marginalized .. Propagandized .. and then these Got the Backing of the Gov't .. State Sanctioned armed Militia groups now Running down Ethnic Russians - with Nazi Symbology everywhere .. cause they worship and Idolize the Nazi movement ... Civil war erupts in 2014 .. after the Coup ... 15,000 civilians killed over the ensuing years .. Stuff they don't teach in CNN school aye mate. Then we had the Minsk Accord .. Ukraine agreed to stop Abusing the Ethnic Russians .. but they never did .. and US-NATO didn't adhere to their end of the bargain .. and well .. thats all water under the bridge now isn't it dear.
What does this have to do with COVID and your comment about it?

but you sit here and pretend not to know crying out "What Nazi's" as if you have not heard this before .. "I know Nothing" like Seargent Shultz .. in Hogan's Hero's .. and then ask me why I call you a pretender ..
Why are you answering questions I haven't asked? I know what Nazis are, dude.

I'm trying to figure out what YOUR comment was about COVID and Nazis.
Try dropping the condescension and pretention for five minutes and at least attempt to explain what you meant. TIA.

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member
What utter nonsense. Quite aside from the fact that Carlson is a corporate new narrative generator, coverage in the more objectively accurate news media covers everything from NATO's missteps to Ukraine’s shortfalls on the battlefield. Here’s a novel idea - why not actually read the news before commenting on it? What never ceases to astonish me is the utter lack of anything resembling integrity among supposed ‘Christian’ groups. All you have to do is actually check something is actually true before spreading it on public forums. You could start with The Economist, which published an opinion piece on NATO’s role in provoking the war within days of the Russian invasion. You can find similarly balanced views across what you call the corporate news, it’s a simple as just going to their websites and reading what they print.
Then tell that to the posters here that the invasion was provoked and see how far you get. See if you are not accused of making excuses for Putin and for using Russian sources.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Very well said. It's all about the interests of a plutocracy. They are these plutocrats' private policy.
They understand just one language: this: $$$$

I call it blind trust. They blindly trust the CIA.

Yes, it always seems to come down to money. Even Thomas Jefferson once said that "money, not morality, is the commerce of civilized nations."

But even looking at it strictly from a cold-blooded financial viewpoint, are our leaders doing good business for America? Is America making any money from this? How does our trade deficit and budget deficit look these days? What's our national debt today? What is America's credit rating? Where is the money?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, it always seems to come down to money. Even Thomas Jefferson once said that "money, not morality, is the commerce of civilized nations."

But even looking at it strictly from a cold-blooded financial viewpoint, are our leaders doing good business for America? Is America making any money from this? How does our trade deficit and budget deficit look these days? What's our national debt today? What is America's credit rating? Where is the money?
Exactly.
I am trying to figure out how much money the US spent on useless wars and never received anything in return.

wellwisher

Whatever makes you happy. The truth is Putin invaded Ukraine - no special operation - failed to assess the situation properly, lied about not invading, and has destroyed the reputation of Russia for decades, besides holding back the progress of Russia for decades too, as well as not doing much for the world in general. Great mind at work - when it tends to achieve the opposite of what was intended. :D
Putin did not invade anyone under Trump. However, he took Crimea under Obama/Biden and then Ukraine under President Biden. Is this coincidence? Does anyone remember the Obama, Clinton and Biden re-set button with Russia/Putin?

The Dems and Russia were best buddies back then, until Trump won and then they blamed Trump and Russia. My guess was Putin conspired with the reset Swamp to get Trump. The Dems got their public relations talking points, and Putin added instability to the once united USA. Now the Dems are justifying Russia to keep fighting, with Ukraine being exterminated by staying military engaged, without diplomacy. Hillary seems happy, below.

c2e6a752-438d-4e76-a66b-b5e169fba29f.jpg

Last edited:

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Putin did not invade anyone under Trump. However, he took Crimea under Obama/Biden and then Ukraine under President Biden. Is this coincidence? Does anyone remember the Obama, Clinton and Biden re-set button with Russia/Putin? The Dems and Russia were best buddies back then until they blamed Trump. My guess was Putin conspired with the Swamp to get Trump. The Dems got their public relations way and Putin added instability to the once united USA. Now they are Justifying Russia to keep fighting, with Ukraine being exterminated.

Because Trump paved the way for Putin by threatening to leave Nato, and by breaking with our long-standing support of Ukraine. This gave Putin time and space to plan his invasion.

lukethethird

unknown member
Luke, I have caught you out several times for deliberately misrepresenting and distorting history and recent events. You are not going to lecture us on "media narratives". This is all just such weak nonsense, devoid of facts, so you deal in slogans instead.

We do not think as we do because we have "swallowed the corporate news media narrative". Don't you dare patronise us with such childish nonsense. It's because we, as intelligent, independently educated and sceptical people, have come to a conclusion that YOUR particular narrative is biased, and we have the work to show it.

You are the one who has digested a narrative. Hence why you are utterly incapable of debating the actual facts of the invasion and, instead, prefer to talk about "believing media narratives". Get over yourself. We know more about this than you do, and it's pretty obvious you get your information from biased, pro-Russian sources. Hence why you called an invasion a "border dispute" and mass protest leading to an ousting from power a "US-backed coup". It's because, somewhere, you read those events being described that way and are now repeating them. That's the only possible reason you would deliberately misrepresent historical events in that fashion.

You're not a warrior against imperialism. You're an apologist for imperialism.
I know, I am an apologist for imperialism because I strayed from the narrative. Tell me all about it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Putin did not invade anyone under Trump. However, he took Crimea under Obama/Biden and then Ukraine under President Biden. Is this coincidence? Does anyone remember the Obama, Clinton and Biden re-set button with Russia/Putin?
Hardly conclusive and more about coincidence. Are you going to argue the same about all wars and invasions - as to who was in power wherever at the time? Crimea was no doubt always going to be a problem - as in memories of the Crimean War, and is just one of those hotspots that tends to be sought after by many, and mostly for its strategic significance.
The Dems and Russia were best buddies back then, until Trump won and then they blamed Trump and Russia. My guess was Putin conspired with the reset Swamp to get Trump. The Dems got their public relations talking points, and Putin added instability to the once united USA. Now the Dems are justifying Russia to keep fighting, with Ukraine being exterminated by staying military engaged, without diplomacy. Hillary seems happy, below.

c2e6a752-438d-4e76-a66b-b5e169fba29f.jpg
I think the West simply took their eye off the ball, even if it was becoming obvious that Putin was on his path to wherever - and such probably being a return to something like the USSR status, or as near as he could get. I doubt the West had much to do with what he has done, and it is mostly down to his drive. His forces apparently didn't even know they were going to invade until the last moment - for obvious reasons though. But he still lied about it. He should have just kept his mouth shut.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Obviously provoking Putin does not justify Putin's actions, I don't know where this comes from but it seems like the biblical 'you're with us or you're against us' mindset, as in this case, if you stray from the corporate news media narrative that this invasion was unprovoked, then that is making excuses for Putin and you are a shill for Putin and blah blah blah. Unprovoked is a short, and very quick and easy concept to grasp, and it has been repeated in a corporate news media echo chamber without any need to go into any further discussion because it says it all. So far questioning it has gotten me the same knee jerk reactions, and I find that a bit telling. If Putin was provoked until the cows come home he still should not have reacted aggressively, he should have seeked out other avenues of diplomacy, but that is never discussed because to question the narrative seems tantamount to treason judging by the responses I get. It's like the narrative is so very fragile and we must do our part to hold it up.

I explained to you what event provoked Putin's invasion--the Maidan revolt that led to the expulsion of Putin's ally, Viktor Yanukovych. That had nothing to do with provocations by the West and everything to do with Putin's plans for bringing Ukraine in line with Kremlin economics and politics. Your continual repetition of Putin's lie that he was provoked by NATO is puzzling, since there was no actual action by NATO that provoked him. The action was by Ukrainians.

After Putin's initial invasion in 2014, the impossible Minsk agreement was put in place to stop open hostilities, but neither side could actually carry out its terms. For example, Russia never withdrew its troops from eastern portions of Ukrainian territory, and probably never intended to when it signed the agreement. In 2022, Western powers did everything they could to warn Putin not to invade, but he ignored all the warnings. Instead, he chose to resume the invasion without any casus belli whatsoever. He did so because he thought he could quickly conquer Ukraine and hand the world a fait accompli. Everyone assumed that he was right except the Ukrainians, and that is why they eventually won the full material support of the NATO alliance. Most of the rest of the world has condemned Putin for his unprovoked invasion, but not you. You pretend that there was some kind of provocation from the West that caused it and that the "corporate news media" is lying when they say it was unprovoked.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I explained to you what event provoked Putin's invasion--the Maidan revolt that led to the expulsion of Putin's ally, Viktor Yanukovych. That had nothing to do with provocations by the West and everything to do with Putin's plans for bringing Ukraine in line with Kremlin economics and politics. Your continual repetition of Putin's lie that he was provoked by NATO is puzzling, since there was no actual action by NATO that provoked him. The action was by Ukrainians. After Putin's initial invasion in 2014, the impossible Minsk agreement was put in place to stop open hostilities, but neither side could actually carry out its terms. In 2022, Western powers did everything they could to warn Putin not to invade, but he ignored all the warnings. Instead, he chose to start by invasion without any casus belli whatsoever. He did so because he thought he could quickly conquer Ukraine and hand the world a fait accompli. Everyone assumed that he was right except the Ukrainians, and that is why they eventually won the full material support of the NATO alliance. Most of the rest of the world has condemned Putin for his unprovoked invasion, but not you. You pretend that there was some kind of provocation from the West that caused it and that the "corporate news media" is lying when they say it was unprovoked.
Yes. May I know what Victoria Nuland was doing in Kiev in 2014, distributing food to Maidan coup's protesters?
Because you know, I am slightly tired of this narrative that the US Deep State has nothing to do with the Maidan Coup.
Not even the stones believe that the US Deep State is not in on it. ;)

anna.

Yes. May I know what Victoria Nuland was doing in Kiev in 2014, distributing food to Maidan coup's protesters?
Because you know, I am slightly tired of this narrative that the US Deep State has nothing to do with the Maidan Coup.
Not even the stones believe that the US Deep State is not in on it. ;)

Now you're speaking for all the stones?! What can be next, Mick? ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Evidence of the "deep state"? No.

If you don't think diplomats of every country don't engage in conversations like this, have I got a bridge for you!

I don't certainly expect a US official to insult the European Union like that, since we are supposed to be America's allies.
:)

lukethethird

unknown member
I explained to you what event provoked Putin's invasion--the Maidan revolt that led to the expulsion of Putin's ally, Viktor Yanukovych. That had nothing to do with provocations by the West and everything to do with Putin's plans for bringing Ukraine in line with Kremlin economics and politics. Your continual repetition of Putin's lie that he was provoked by NATO is puzzling, since there was no actual action by NATO that provoked him. The action was by Ukrainians.

After Putin's initial invasion in 2014, the impossible Minsk agreement was put in place to stop open hostilities, but neither side could actually carry out its terms. For example, Russia never withdrew its troops from eastern portions of Ukrainian territory, and probably never intended to when it signed the agreement. In 2022, Western powers did everything they could to warn Putin not to invade, but he ignored all the warnings. Instead, he chose to resume the invasion without any casus belli whatsoever. He did so because he thought he could quickly conquer Ukraine and hand the world a fait accompli. Everyone assumed that he was right except the Ukrainians, and that is why they eventually won the full material support of the NATO alliance. Most of the rest of the world has condemned Putin for his unprovoked invasion, but not you. You pretend that there was some kind of provocation from the West that caused it and that the "corporate news media" is lying when they say it was unprovoked.
Again, I condemn Putin for the invasion as much as you or anyone else does, but you are right, I'm not buying the unprovoked line. Putin felt threatened by Ukraine joining nato and how could he not? He could have and should have used diplomacy, work with Europe to form diplomatic ties and alliances but instead resorted to using his military to deal with his problems as he did in Georgia, Chechnya, and Syria. I just don't happen to think the powers that be in the west are lily white in all of this, I remember hearing John McCain and Lindsay Graham talking to Ukrainians back in 2015 or there abouts promising to supply arms to Ukraine so as to kill Russians. There is this thing about Americans and Russians.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again, I condemn Putin for the invasion as much as you or anyone else does, but you are right, I'm not buying the unprovoked line. Putin felt threatened by Ukraine joining nato and how could he not? He could have and should have used diplomacy, work with Europe to form diplomatic ties and alliances but instead resorted to using his military to deal with his problems as he did in Georgia, Chechnya, and Syria. I just don't happen to think the powers that be in the west are lily white in all of this, I remember hearing John McCain and Lindsay Graham talking to Ukrainians back in 2015 or there abouts promising to supply arms to Ukraine so as to kill Russians. There is this thing about Americans and Russians.
How was he "provoked"? How was the Ukraine a threat to Russia? It looks as if the attack was merely a tactic to draw attention away from his corrupt regime.

anna.

I don't certainly expect a US official to insult the European Union like that, since we are supposed to be America's allies.
:)

It was a private phone call between U.S. officials that was bugged. I'm pretty confident there've been private conversations between European officials about the U.S. that were similarly affectionate. :)