• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning to G-d does not stall progress of science. Does it ?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No. As has been said many times. Many people don't consider it to be truthful.
There is no harm if they think their religion is truthful. Right, please?*
I understand, my truthful religion encompasses truthful teachings of all religions (and even non-religions) .Right, please?**

Regards
* [5:106]یٰۤاَیُّہَا الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا عَلَیۡکُمۡ اَنۡفُسَکُمۡ ۚ لَا یَضُرُّکُمۡ مَّنۡ ضَلَّ اِذَا اہۡتَدَیۡتُمۡ ؕ اِلَی اللّٰہِ مَرۡجِعُکُمۡ جَمِیۡعًا فَیُنَبِّئُکُمۡ بِمَا کُنۡتُمۡ تَعۡمَلُوۡنَ ﴿۱۰۶﴾
O ye who believe! be heedful of your own selves. He who goes astray cannot harm you when you yourselves are rightly guided. To Allah will you all return; then will He disclose to you what you used to do.
~~~~~~~~~~
** [[98:4]فِیۡہَا کُتُبٌ قَیِّمَۃٌ ؕ﴿۴﴾
Therein are lasting commandments.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no harm if they think their religion is truthful. Right, please?*
I understand, my truthful religion encompasses truthful teachings of all religions (and even non-religions) .Right, please?**

I disagree. I think that NO religion is truthful.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry to differ, but where is the assumption, please?

Regards

The assumption is that a supernatural exists or that a supernatural deity exists. But there is no evidence of such.

I, for one, think the whole notion of a supernatural is incoherent and useless.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The assumption is that a supernatural exists or that a supernatural deity exists. But there is no evidence of such.

I, for one, think the whole notion of a supernatural is incoherent and useless.
I don't have any such assumption, I perceived G-d's existence very naturally that got further substantiated by reading the truthful and systematic Word of G-d. Right, please?

Regards

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Wasn't Jesus a Jew?

@The_Fisher_King , what makes you think Jesus was Muslim?

Because to be a Muslim means to submit to God, and I believe Jesus (pbuh) did just that. Moreover, I believe him to be one in a long line of Prophets of Islam - all preaching the same essential Message about the Oneness of God and how we should relate to God and our fellow humans.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Again, I believe this was Islam :). Any others that don't involve Messengers or Prophets from the Holy Qur'an?
Doesn't one know that Quran mentions about 24 messengers and prophets of G-d by names, and many more have not been mentioned by name in Quran and of those mentioned in Quran there are some whose proper names have not been given but their attributive names, please?
How would one recognize them, please?

Regards

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have any such assumption, I perceived G-d's existence very naturally that got further substantiated by reading the truthful and systematic Word of G-d. Right, please?

Regards

And how did you perceive that existence? And how did you know that what you read is, indeed the 'truthful and systematic word of god'?

Tiberius

Because to be a Muslim means to submit to God, and I believe Jesus (pbuh) did just that. Moreover, I believe him to be one in a long line of Prophets of Islam - all preaching the same essential Message about the Oneness of God and how we should relate to God and our fellow humans.

I think there's more to being a Muslim than that.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Doesn't one know that Quran mentions about 24 messengers and prophets of G-d by names, and many more have not been mentioned by name in Quran and of those mentioned in Quran there are some whose proper names have not been given but their attributive names, please?
How would one recognize them, please?

Regards

Sorry, didn't make myself clear - I'm interested to know whether you believe that there are other truthful religions out there that are not associated with the Messengers and Prophets named in the Qur'an.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
By that logic, a Catholic is a Muslim.

God sent a long line of Messengers and Prophets with the same essential teachings re the Oneness of God and the correct way to relate to Them and one's fellow humans. These Messengers and Prophets (including Jesus, pbuh) were Muslims and that Message was/is the essence of Islam. Some of the original followers of those Messengers and Prophets remained true to their teachings, but most went astray, necessitating the sending of more Messengers and Prophets, culminating in Muhammad (pbuh) and the most up-to-date and protected-from-corruption version of the Message (contained in the Qur'an and authentic Hadiths). So a true follower of Jesus (pbuh) living at the same time or soon after him would have been a Muslim. But if we are referring to people living today, the Criterion for judging whether they are a Muslim or not is the Qur'an. In that sense, certainly a Catholic living today cannot be called a Muslim.