• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Soldier Throws Puppy Off of Cliff

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
whats your point? its sick, the world has sick people in it, or does it being a US soldier make it sicker somehow?
Um, my point is to inform others of a vile act. It doesn't matter what nationality the soldier is despite what you may think. :slap:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It doesn't look alive when he's holding it (no moisture on the nose, no movement at all), and it doesn't move at all when he lets go.
I was thinking more about how it's amazingly unlikely that even a soldier who didn't care about killing a puppy wouldn't have the sense of self-preservation to avoid getting something like this on tape, coupled with how insanely happy certain segments of society would be at the prospect of having evidence of US soldiers acting cruelly for cruelness' sake.

If someone were to just claim that US soldiers in Iraq were killing puppies with no evidence to back it up, very few people would take the claim seriously. The only difference between that and this situation is a blurry internet video, which is probably well within the realm of that which can be faked with cheap, plentiful software and enough time on one's hands.

Basically, I don't trust the video, and the content is way, way too convenient for me to not assume an ulterior motive behind it. I call shenanigans.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Um, my point is to inform others of a vile act. It doesn't matter what nationality the soldier is despite what you may think. :slap:
I think that the nationality of the soldier has a direct bearing on how likely it is that the video is a fake.

cardero

Citizen Mod
*Warning: Disturbing Content and Adult Language Contained In Link*

There are very few things that would cause me to wish a slow, painful horrendous death upon someone.....this is one of them.

I don't have the heart or the stomach to watch the video, but inside, you'll supposedly find exactly what's in the title of this thread.

Digg - US Soldier throws puppy off cliff (video)

Absolutely sickening.
Yes but at 10:47 EST, I visited WHO'S ONLINE and there were like 15 members looking at this thread. Now if everyone will excuse me, I am going to watch the video of the puppy geting thrown off the cliff.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Just to be honest and up-front with Mister T, I am watching the video not becasue I enjoy watching puppy's getting thrown off a cliff but because I have never seen a puppy get thrown off a cliff.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I think that the nationality of the soldier has a direct bearing on how likely it is that the video is a fake.
The nationality of the soldier has nothing to do with the story other than to provide a detail. Nationality is irrelevant. The guy being a "U.S." soldier doesn't make something like this a "special" incident just because of where he's from, despite what was being implied.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
The nationality of the soldier has nothing to do with the story other than to provide a detail. Nationality is irrelevant. The guy being a "U.S." soldier doesn't make something like this a "special" incident just because of where he's from, despite what was being implied.
I think this is uncharacteristically naive thinking. If it were, say, a Bolivian soldier, it simply wouldn't have the potential impact. U.S. forces are currently involved in a conflict, and any negative publicity like this can be played by opposing sides. Whether it's warranted or not, some will want to stick in a guilt-by-association halo effect.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Really?

If this were a video of a Norwegian soldier, for example, I'd question whether anyone would have a big enough axe to grind with the Norwegian military to go to the effort of faking a video like this.

OTOH, there are groups with serious axes to grind with the US military. Some people expend huge amounts of effort and expense at great personal risk to harm the US military and its soldiers.

I wouldn't put it past anyone who would be willing to build and plant an IED to doctor up a video like this. Recent history has shown that there are plenty of people out to harm the US military. My point is just that lots of people would probably fake a video like this if it occurred to them to do so, so we should exercise some caution in deciding whether it's real or not.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I think this is uncharacteristically naive thinking. If it were, say, a Bolivian soldier, it simply wouldn't have the potential impact. U.S. forces are currently involved in a conflict, and any negative publicity like this can be played by opposing sides. Whether it's warranted or not, some will want to stick in a guilt-by-association halo effect.
I think people need to save their politcal views for the politcal debate section and stop trying to turn this into something it's not.

My intent was inform people of an act of animal cruelty. I could give a rats patootie about where the person who commited this vile act is from. Any other "underlying" ulterier motives by me, are people's own imagination.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Really?

If this were a video of a Norwegian soldier, for example, I'd question whether anyone would have a big enough axe to grind with the Norwegian military to go to the effort of faking a video like this.

OTOH, there are groups with serious axes to grind with the US military. Some people expend huge amounts of effort and expense at great personal risk to harm the US military and its soldiers.

I wouldn't put it past anyone who would be willing to build and plant an IED to doctor up a video like this. Recent history has shown that there are plenty of people out to harm the US military. My point is just that lots of people would probably fake a video like this if it occurred to them to do so, so we should exercise some caution in deciding whether it's real or not.
If it's fake, great. I'll be happy if it is. Unless someone can prove this to be indeed doctored, I really don't see the point of debating on whether or not this is propaganda against the U.S. military. This thread was supposed to about an act of animal cruelty, not people's political views.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Just so you know, Nick, I didn't suspect you of "political" motives. I was thinking more of the people who created the video.

A

angellous_evangellous

If it's fake, great. I'll be happy if it is. Unless someone can prove this to be indeed doctored, I really don't see the point of debating on whether or not this is propaganda against the U.S. military. This thread was supposed to about an act of animal cruelty, not people's political views.

If we knew how the person who posted it on the internet got access to the video in the first place, it would be very illuminating.

Draka

Wonder Woman
My goodness, I'm wondering why even doubt this in the first place? Because it is a U.S. soldier? Please. It's not as if we all haven't known of one or more of those boys that took pleasure in stringing up cats and whacking with them sticks or kicking dogs like they were kicking field goals. You think some of those boys don't grow up and end up in our military?

Watch Animal Planet sometimes and tell me that cruelty to animals isn't a pasttime for some of our citizens.

You want to question the video then find ways to analyze the video itself, but certainly don't base anything on the nationality of the soldiers involved.

A

angellous_evangellous

My goodness, I'm wondering why even doubt this in the first place? Because it is a U.S. soldier? Please. It's not as if we all haven't known of one or more of those boys that took pleasure in stringing up cats and whacking with them sticks or kicking dogs like they were kicking field goals. You think some of those boys don't grow up and end up in our military?

Watch Animal Planet sometimes and tell me that cruelty to animals isn't a pasttime for some of our citizens.

You want to question the video then find ways to analyze the video itself, but certainly don't base anything on the nationality of the soldiers involved.

Yes, that is a good enough reason to question the nature of the video.

1) It could be made as a prank by US soldiers, using a fake puppy (my hypothesis). After all, (as you note) boys will be boys, and do pranks like this without actually harming anything.

2) It could be (and possibly is) intended to be used as anti-American propaganda, whether fake or real